Jump to content
Davidioso

What? Shurely shome mishtake!

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, s6 owl said:

That Sheff Utd avg is b**l s**t every blade I know say they exaggerate there attendances

The desperation (make that fantasy) of this and other excuses why the average attendance is lower than at United is laughable - 'massive' my arse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Good Old Arsenal said:

The desperation (make that fantasy) of this and other excuses why the average attendance is lower than at United is laughable - 'massive' my arse!

Why shouldn't United's' attendance be higher after all no one can compete with Dem Galacticos'   lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

irrelevant who many cheap tickets that lot give out coudn't give a sh*t  

 

I'm more concerned that our attendance is not as high as it should be given our team and position  

fact is we are pricing out the casual walk up section of our support 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Davidioso said:

Will this hold up over a season I wonder?

Top ten avg attendances  in Champ.


1    Leeds United            31,677
2    Aston Villa                29,207
3    Sunderland              29,113
4    Nottingham Forest   26,670
5    Sheffield United        26,143
6    Wolverhampton W    26,057
7    Norwich City            25,900
8    Derby County            25,745
9    Sheffield Weds        25,603
10    Middlesbrough       25,564

No mistake, but no it won't hold up over a full season.

Top 3 will stay the same,  but some of the others will change, Forest, Blades and Wolves well up on last season, Derby dropped off quite considerably from last few years.

Think we will end up higher in the league and on attendances than United, but bearing in mind the price difference at Hillsborough To the Lane I think it will be very close.

Many on here won't like it, but their support is generally good. (Just not as good as ours).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It also counts away attendance don't forget. Derby and Barnsley too loads to the sty, both big games we've had so far was on tv at half 5 and on a Wednesday night attendances will always be affected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've only had 3 home games - all on Saturdays including two local big games. We've had 4, 2 of them midweek and one of our Saturday games was on Sky. Them touching themselves over average attendances at this stage matters as much as the early league table does. Our average will go up to around 27,500 after the next home game anyway so even if they sell out their next home game they won't match that average and then they'll go quiet about attendances again.

 

There's even a thread on their board devoted to our "embarrassing" 23.5k for a midweek game on a rainy night against Brentford, who brought about 60 fans with them. Personally I reckon that's a better effort than 25.5k for a Saturday in August local derby against Barnsley, especially with cheaper tickets, but there you go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Good Old Arsenal said:

The desperation (make that fantasy) of this and other excuses why the average attendance is lower than at United is laughable - 'massive' my arse!

 

Have you noticed that all these pigs who are suddenly posting now all registered in April 2012 just in time for their "promotion party", but went very quiet until recently lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

They've only had 3 home games - all on Saturdays including two local big games. We've had 4, 2 of them midweek and one of our Saturday games was on Sky. Them touching themselves over average attendances at this stage matters as much as the early league table does. Our average will go up to around 27,500 after the next home game anyway so even if they sell out their next home game they won't match that average and then they'll go quiet about attendances again.

 

There's even a thread on their board devoted to our "embarrassing" 23.5k for a midweek game on a rainy night against Brentford, who brought about 60 fans with them. Personally I reckon that's a better effort than 25.5k for a Saturday in August local derby against Barnsley, especially with cheaper tickets, but there you go...

 

They got 26.5k against Brentford on the opening day of the season.

 

theres not a lot between the support these days to be fair.

 

as i said earlier - the walk up prices we charge don't help.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 15:31, Adem Poric said:

 

wink wink

nudge nudge

 

OF COURSE THEY DO

And a thousand pregnant women go to every game of which 800 give birth during the game, so those babies are added to the final attendance, and half of them are given the name colin, and the others wayne and waynetta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ka58 said:

 

They got 26.5k against Brentford on the opening day of the season.

 

theres not a lot between the support these days to be fair.

 

as i said earlier - the walk up prices we charge don't help.

 

 

 

got a season ticket as really dont think i could stomach POTG prices tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, modboy said:

 

got a season ticket as really dont think i could stomach POTG prices tbh.

 

Been said before but they're outrageous.

 

£46 just to get in for me and my 9 year old on Tuesday - ridiculous.

Edited by ka58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ka58 said:

 

Been said before but they're outrageous.

 

£46 just to get in for me and my 9 year old on Tuesday - ridiculous.

 

yeh its ridiculous

 

Especially with rising fuel prices and possible interest rate hikes in the future I doubt many will POTG

 

In fact there must have been only a handful on Tuesday looking at the attendance figure.

 

Said it before but they should do a 10 game package which is halfway between full price and season tickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, modboy said:

 

yeh its ridiculous

 

Especially with rising fuel prices and possible interest rate hikes in the future I doubt many will POTG

 

In fact there must have been only a handful on Tuesday looking at the attendance figure.

 

Said it before but they should do a 10 game package which is halfway between full price and season tickets

 

I'm pretty sure it affects attendances.

 

my mate supports another team but looks out for Wednesday as he lives in Sheffield. He text me about going (probably knowing it's a low category game) but said he wasn't bothered when I told him it was £36. My brother did similar on the day of the match. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ka58 said:

 

I'm pretty sure it affects attendances.

 

my mate supports another team but looks out for Wednesday as he lives in Sheffield. He text me about going (probably knowing it's a low category game) but said he wasn't bothered when I told him it was £36. My brother did similar on the day of the match. 

 

 

 

Yup, I know it's a hard sell to tempt neutrals to come with me these days

 

Also think it's a shame that if my dad can't come who is an oap and I want to bring a mate they only discount the equivalent concession price then you have to pay the difference right up to full price. Eg fifteen quid a match equivalent of a season ticket credit rather than the difference between seniors potg price and an adult's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, modboy said:

 

Yup, I know it's a hard sell to tempt neutrals to come with me these days

 

Also think it's a shame that if my dad can't come who is an oap and I want to bring a mate they only discount the equivalent concession price then you have to pay the difference right up to full price. Eg fifteen quid a match equivalent of a season ticket credit rather than the difference between seniors potg price and an adult's 

 

Another quick point (sorry to make you my sounding board on subject :)) but i spent £15 on food and drink and programme whilst there - mark up on that must be high.

 

if my brother and mate had spent a £10er each same they would probably have made most of money back had tickets been a bit cheaper plus two more fans in ground who might have come again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×