Added time tonight

darra

17 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Handball when Brentford defender trapped ball between his hand and thigh

He then gave a handball against us a couple of minutes later that was very harsh. Would have been a harsh penalty but he shouldn't have then gave the handball against us but its easier to give a decision against the attacking team in the opposition half than it is to make a call in the penalty area.

It's either a handball or it isn't different decisions can't be made based on where on the pitch they occur.  

I'm a bit sad and stopwatch added on time at the end of the game. 4 minutes were added going on the board. We'd played 3.15 at the time of the injury and I stopped my watch at that point. We ended up playing just over 5 and a half minutes. Not sure where the extra 1.5 minutes came from. When they got the corner I was fuming and convinced they'd score.

10 hours ago, Dan™ said:

I don't see any counter-points in these posts? Besides losing the plot from 85 minutes onward what major decisions did he get wrong?

(Already mentioned I didn't see the first 35 or so minutes)

Couple of niggly issues got the crowd on his back but he got most things right. The three bookings for our players while their's pulled Lee back as we were breaking for 3-1 in the 85th and didn't get booked, in fact he then went on to give the 2nd or 3rd of ours.

The foul on Hooper in their box, yeah they never get given but if the defender had put his arm across Hooper and knocked him back like that anywhere on the pitch other than in the box it would be a free kick, 100% of the time.

The injury time was ridiculous though, injury in the injury time aside he played a good 8 minutes of injury time having signalled 4. And their was enough time for the ball to hit the post at the end was there ref but no enough to kick the ball back into play? That split second of it hiiting the post just happened to be the end of play? Balls, he wanted to keep going until they got another chance because he came to the ground determined not to be swayed by the big home crowd and ended up going the other way, same as most refs do at Hillsborough

Edited by Sultan_Pepper

We had two chances to break on Brentford during injury time and fluffed both. We have to get a little better at seeing the game out, 2 banks of 5 two yards either side of the 18 yard box and getting too narrow is not the way to go. It was a disgrace we allowed their keeper to play sweeper on the halfway line, my heart can't take it !  

Not that I want to support the officials, but the added time is always announced as a minimum. Nobody should be assuming that the number of minutes held up by the fourth official is exactly what it'll be. Presumably the ref stopped his watch for the two yellows he gave to Rhodes and Lee during injury time too.

16 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Not that I want to support the officials, but the added time is always announced as a minimum. Nobody should be assuming that the number of minutes held up by the fourth official is exactly what it'll be. Presumably the ref stopped his watch for the two yellows he gave to Rhodes and Lee during injury time too.

Why would he stop his watch for this. Does he stop it for every yellow card?

14 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Still no accounting for the time we played, seemed odd the last of his "added" time was their final shot on goal....

Can't remember the last time we had a "home" ref at Hillsborough, they tend to go the other way. WTF:

30 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

We had two chances to break on Brentford during injury time and fluffed both. We have to get a little better at seeing the game out, 2 banks of 5 two yards either side of the 18 yard box and getting too narrow is not the way to go. It was a disgrace we allowed their keeper to play sweeper on the halfway line, my heart can't take it !  

I can see Carlos' logic but I was hoping for Joao in placve of Hooper. Pace and strength on the break. It worked though so can't grumble really

8 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

I can see Carlos' logic but I was hoping for Joao in placve of Hooper. Pace and strength on the break. It worked though so can't grumble really

Not really grumbling, I believe we are a top team in this league, just wish we could play like it during added time. Your adjustment may well have brought a third goal lol

49 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

We basically conceded territory with the bizarre Butterfield for Hooper substitution (Butterfield should have been on for Lee as he was generally ineffective out wide) as we can't lump it up to Rhodes expecting him to hold it up like Fletch or even Nuhiu. Pudil coming on for Bannan made it worse

23 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Why would he stop his watch for this. Does he stop it for every yellow card?

Depends how long it takes, I expect. Usually bookings include time spent talking to the player(s) involved, and also the ref has to consider whether the offending team is trying to waste time as well.