Looking to the pigs game in a few week.

51 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

Wednesday remind me of England.

Talented individuals and strength in depth but (like England) it's as though they are waiting for something to happen.

Fortunately even when there's a below par performance then a piece of quality from an individual like Fletcher or Bannsn can win the match.

Wednesdays main issue is "tempo". Start the match revved up (like today against Forest) and Wednesday have a realistic chance of top 2.

The bottom lime is posiitivity and play without fear and then Wednesday will win the derby but preparation is key and not to fall into the trap of under estimating United.

Why is it fortunate  ( to you)  that Wednesday can perform below par and still win a match? 

When you lot do it, I don't feel fortunate, more that you are lucky tvvats.

4 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

Don't understand this theory that Carlos won't be able to get the players up for it? 

I'm 99% sure he's been involved in a bigger derby than the steel city one.

It just comes under the "umbrella" of things to hit him with,ya know like "Clueless,Tactically Naive,Despotic behaviour (i know right),and a miriad of other shiznee.

19 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

I agree with most of what you are saying, but what are doing on "our" site?

Why don't stick to Bladesmad (I assume your on that) or even the Championship forum (I know your on that).

If Wednesday were exceeding expectations I would be out celebrating or sharing my thoughts with fellow Owls, not on "your" site (he is definetly a Blade) telling your fans that "if you prepare and expect a tough game and play to your potential everything will be fine. (At least you admit we have the better team on paper). Though it wouldn't be fine for you if we do perform to our potential, so why state it?

We all know that, but that means nothing in a Derby match,  you have better players than many on here give you credit for, you have a manager who will definetly have the players up for it and at the moment you have confidence and momentum. 

All these make you dangerous in a one off (or two) match, but come May I expect to see us well above you, but you will be fine, midtable at worst.

Still don't understand what your doing on here though, unless you are one of "dem" that rather than supporting your team, has just got an obsession with us. (Probably because we're Sheffield oldest, biggest and best club).

So WAWAW?

I come on once in a full moon and rarely post here, as forums can be an ill advised way to communicate with things being mis interpreted or taken out of context.

The "fortunately' comment was fortunately for you, not fortunately for me but I'm talking to Wednesday fans so "fortunately" is the correct word.

The reason I occasionally post is because I have family and friends who are Owls, so of course I have an interest and get regular feedback on all your games.

Im also an older (like to think more sensible) type and have been to Hillsboro a few times over the decades (when a season ticket holder is ill) to watch Wednesday, even been to 2 Wednesday away games when on holiday with my Wednesday mate who bribed me to go to the Plymouth match with him. You had Leon Clarke and Steve McClean up front.

Sometimes an opinion from a non Wednesday fan (even a Blade) can be just as valid as long as it's done respectfully and not a childish windup.

6 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

I come on once in a full moon and rarely post here, as forums can be an ill advised way to communicate with things being mis interpreted or taken out of context.

The "fortunately' comment was fortunately for you, not fortunately for me but I'm talking to Wednesday fans so "fortunately" is the correct word.

The reason I occasionally post is because I have family and friends who are Owls, so of course I have an interest and get regular feedback on all your games.

Im also an older (like to think more sensible) type and have been to Hillsboro a few times over the decades (when a season ticket holder is ill) to watch Wednesday, even been to 2 Wednesday away games when on holiday with my Wednesday mate who bribed me to go to the Plymouth match with him. You had Leon Clarke and Steve McClean up front.

Sometimes an opinion from a non Wednesday fan (even a Blade) can be just as valid as long as it's done respectfully and not a childish windup.

Fair comment mate, I just wouldn't think of posting on Bladesmad  (though I know some of our numpties  (I mean wums) would.

Each to their own

I know you're normally reasonable from your posts on Championship forum, just a bit surprised to see you posting on here.

10 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

Obsessed blade.

3 hours ago, sheffsteel said:

Best is an exagerration, it's too early to judge anything yet.

But the early opinion is based on outclassing Barnsley who went on to beat Sunderland 3-0 next match.

Then comfortably controlling and dominating Derby who went on to beat Hull 5-0 in their next match.

Also today comfortably controlling the match away at Sunderland.

A big factor in competition is preparation and psyching up the team.

Suspect Barnsley, Derby and Sunderland thought 'they've just come up from league 1 so can't be any good"

Meaning that all 3 teams put in poor performances.

As I said if Wednesday prepare and expect a really tough match then everything will be fine.

If the players are really confident and just expect to turn up and win then they'll be shocked. 

Carlos can play a big role.

I agree that Wilder is doing a fantastic job, and that you've beaten teams already where you were definitely the underdog going into it. I also agree that if we don't prepare properly, you'll stuff us in 2 weeks time. 

I just don't think there's any foundation (at this point of the season anyway with 6 games gone) to call a midfield which have never played together at this level (and most of whom haven't played in the Championship before, period) as 'one of the best in the league'. 

In many ways, United are a bit like we were two seasons ago - an unknown quantity, underestimated, and with little or no pressure on them. In addition, there's a feel good factor from last season.

We're exactly the opposite. Teams know how to play us now, nobody underestimates us any more, and the pressure is enormous because of the expenditure. And there's a feel bad factor from the manner of the defeat in last season's play-offs.

Probably none of United's players would get into Wednesday's first eleven...but probably none of Wednesday's players would have got into United's first eleven when the teams last met. It really is role reversal, even down to having an ex-player as a boss. As Megson, so Tufty.

But this match is very different to United's other games, because this time there's real pressure. Blades fans will say that there's pressure in all their games, and there is, but not like in this one. For the first time Tufté (note acute accent) is under enormous pressure to deliver. And as a Blade, he'll not want to lose this one.

United seem to play away from home pretty much as they do at the Lane. The question is, will they play that way at Hillsborough? Dare Wilder do it, or will he be more cautious? We know he can attack, but can he stand? Wednesday have thrashed teams who've come here and played open, attacking football, yet have struggled against the ones who don't. It will be interesting to see what Wilder does.

11 hours ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Fear not, pumped up or not we will stay proffesional and cool.

Class will out...

We will end their current form, the bubble will burst and relegation will start to rear its ugly head for them, Championship life is tough, they will learn how tough as the season continues..

Ha ha ha ha ha ha still clinging on to the "we soon see how tough it is line" I do love some predictions on here.

I think teams have underestimated united and perhaps it will be later in the season when it will become more testing. There are many sides that are better than United but they work hard and close down. The goals Derby gifted to united for example simply wouldn't happen if they were playing Wednesday at present, they assumed they would win and got well beaten by their own complacency.

11 hours ago, sheffsteel said:

Sheff United have one of the best midfields in the Championship.

Thats not really true though is it. 

Pointing to Barnsley and a complacent Derby who now play a more direct game isn't really proof of that. United are getting results through sheer graft.

14 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

After seeing the way we played when we were up against a team with a back 3 and wing backs - it has given me a slight glimmer of hope for the pigs game. 

Maybe looking a little too far into it but I've got a little bit more confidence than I had knowing that they play a similar setup to Forest. The first 10 mins was one of the best starts I've ever seen us make.

Think we need to get the Brentford and Cardiff games out of the way first, in fact I'm not really looking forward to Cardiff away because you never know with Colin, he's such a sneaky man you could bet on him trying his hardest to get one of our players sent off .

2 hours ago, My left trotter said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha still clinging on to the "we soon see how tough it is line" I do love some predictions on here.

In the run up to Xmas we're playing Sat/ Mideek pretty much non stop...that's what we mean by tough...how good is your squad if you have injuries...we had FIVE first team players out at one point last season and finished in our highest position...let's how far " pashun " will get you were that to happen to you lol 

Edited by daveyboy66

Blunts have had a similar start to Barnsley last season, and I can see them having a similar season.

Couid be interesting in January if they're in contention- I think that's when the Prince will really start throwing money at it.I think that's been the plan all along- fanny around for 7 years and then start spending lol

14 hours ago, sheffsteel said:

Best is an exagerration, it's too early to judge anything yet.

But the early opinion is based on outclassing Barnsley who went on to beat Sunderland 3-0 next match.

Then comfortably controlling and dominating Derby who went on to beat Hull 5-0 in their next match.

Also today comfortably controlling the match away at Sunderland.

A big factor in competition is preparation and psyching up the team.

Suspect Barnsley, Derby and Sunderland thought 'they've just come up from league 1 so can't be any good"

Meaning that all 3 teams put in poor performances.

As I said if Wednesday prepare and expect a really tough match then everything will be fine.

If the players are really confident and just expect to turn up and win then they'll be shocked. 

Carlos can play a big role.

A mate of mine who supports United says similar but in this league I don't think it works like that as performances fluctuate. For example Wednesday always struggle against the likes of Preston and Burton but would then smash some of the better teams. By that reckoning last season Burton were better than Newcastle who we played off the park on two occasions.

The common denominator is that Sunderland have started flat lining since the Leeds performance and the last half an hour at Hillsborough when we should've buried them. 

I think this league is about trying to play teams at the right time and unfortunately for us we have Cardiff, yourselves and Leeds coming up who are all in good form.

Brentford - The got a win against what you'll see to be a really poor team

Boro - They got outplayed

Cardiff - The got out played

Barnsley - Everyone beats Barnsley at home

Derby - They had all their scored for them and Derby are just garbage at the moment

Sunderland - Lacking so much confidence and I think our under 12's would beat them at their gaff currently 

Whilst they've started well they've been lucky with the timings of when they've played teams. They'll come unstuck soon enough as we all know.