Looking to the pigs game in a few week.

After seeing the way we played when we were up against a team with a back 3 and wing backs - it has given me a slight glimmer of hope for the pigs game. 

Maybe looking a little too far into it but I've got a little bit more confidence than I had knowing that they play a similar setup to Forest. The first 10 mins was one of the best starts I've ever seen us make.

• Haha 2

Both sides could be on form going into that game but form doesn't really matter I suppose. But yeah, if they play like Forest did I'd take 5 goals in the first ten please lol 

I thought United would start strongly this season but perhaps not this strong. I still think teams are suffering from being expected to beat them. Sunderland have run out of early steam and were woeful today, Derby gifted them three goals the other week. They are punching above their weight through sheer momentum and effort and Donaldson is a good buy. We have to make sure we match them in that regard and hopefully we can be more efficient than them in attack.

4 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

After seeing the way we played when we were up against a team with a back 3 and wing backs - it has given me a slight glimmer of hope for the pigs game. 

Maybe looking a little too far into it but I've got a little bit more confidence than I had knowing that they play a similar setup to Forest. The first 10 mins was one of the best starts I've ever seen us make.

Glimmer of hope?

Don't care if we were bottom with 0 points and they were top undefeated, in a Steel City Derby our fans can get any Wednesday team up for the battle. 

We should beat them. I'm not hoping for it, I'm expecting it as we all should be. Demanding it, in fact. 

8 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

its all about application and the will to win, no reason for us to fail if both are applied, quality counts if applied correctly

Only thing that worries me, out of both managers, Wilder will have the players way more pumped up for this, they'll run through walls for him in this fixture and I'm not quite sure our players will be up for the physical battle. Hope I'm wrong but it's just a bad feeling.

Guest mrbluesky

Confidence is key,pigs are on a high and their confidence is sky high, you will see a team very similar to the the Carlos in the first season,high up the field pressing,give you little time on the ball,so the run up to the game for us is key.

A slight glimmer of hope?

We are a squad full of quality and experience. The likes of Hooper, Fletch, Bannan... I could go on, all have played in massive derbies.

We will be up for it, it will be tight, but we will win.

11 minutes ago, Coyt said:

Only thing that worries me, out of both managers, Wilder will have the players way more pumped up for this, they'll run through walls for him in this fixture and I'm not quite sure our players will be up for the physical battle. Hope I'm wrong but it's just a bad feeling.

Not even a concern.

We have a team of senior pros. They know what's at stake 

33 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

A glimmer of hope? Best Wednesday team in 17 years and you have a glimmer of hope that we can beat a league one team that's benefiting from hard work and luck.... Have a word pal we will destroy them.