Looking to the pigs game in a few week.

7 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Ha 1 team who we have both played get a grip you ve had a decent start but dont you think ya getting ever so slightly carried away.

Not saying they are a good side but the fella  above said your under 23's would beat them after you failed to beat them at home. I'm actually struggling to get my head round that statement.

Edited by My left trotter

39 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Tactically their three at the back will present a challenge but our front two are a force to be reckoned with and we're developing real strength down the flanks. Billy Blunt and Donaldson won't be able to bully Lees and Van Aken but we'll have to see how it shakes out.

Massive cliche I know but there is a bit of truth to it - to a certain extent form does go out of the window for derby games and there's little point over-analysing them at this level. Mostly what it will come down to is who is better able to mentally deal with the occasion and perform to the max.

If Donaldson is fit then he will be a test for Van Aken. We really struggled with him at St Andrews last season and stronger direct players are a bit of an Achilles heel for us. 

He might not be fully fit but if he plays it will be necessary to deal with him 

9 minutes ago, My left trotter said:

Not saying they are a good side but the fella  above said your under 23's would beat them after you failed to beat them at home. I'm actually struggling to get my head round that statement.

Under 12's... I said our under 12's would beat them. You don't half think a lot of your team if you think you're on par with our Under 23's

• Haha 1

Guest The Horse

They've had a bright start but still fancy them for the relegation battle.
It's a thin squad of average to lower league players performing above themselves at the moment.
Expect them to drop like a stone pretty soon.

3 minutes ago, My left trotter said:

You don't seem to get it according to some all these teams that we have beat are poor obviously because we have beat them. You and I know that's a load of old pony. 

Really solid start for Utd you've done far better than I expected, would be amazed if you kept it up as I don't see much depth to your squad but you never know. 

Must admit to being quite confident regarding the derby as we do seem to see off the more attack minded "footballing" sides fairly comfortably, it's the more direct, physical approach by the burtons Cardiffs etc that we struggle against. 

Just now, lee81 said:

Really solid start for Utd you've done far better than I expected, would be amazed if you kept it up as I don't see much depth to your squad but you never know. 

Must admit to being quite confident regarding the derby as we do seem to see off the more attack minded "footballing" sides fairly comfortably, it's the more direct, physical approach by the burtons Cardiffs etc that we struggle against. 

Wow decent honest reply! Cannot argue with any of that, I am surprised as well but we seem have played extremely well in the last 2 games and I think teams will have to play well to beat us. 

Also agree with the way we will have a go at your place, we have been very gung ho at times and we are likely to have some heavy defeats because of this. It will probably play into your hands a little but I'm sure Wilder will have us set up for it. 

Sunderland looked good for a few weeks but they have really dropped off. That's not just because United beat them, my in laws are ST holders there and they have been really poor since Leeds.

Dont get me wrong, a win is a win, I'd be pleased with 2 nil up there and we should've beaten them too and would have but for the cross bar and a scramble. But I think they might be this seasons basket case from here.

Edited by Bluesteel