Looking to the pigs game in a few week.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Anyone who thinks "Form" or owt comes into a Sheffield Derby, needs to give themselves a shake

They could be bottom, we could be top...They might have lost their last 10, and we might have won the last 10....means nothing.

I remember Bryan robson when he managed them and said "It was just another game"....That went well....

Its blood guts, winner takes all...and we need to be up for it...nothing else will do

I'm sure in 93 we finished 3rd despite losing to the the twerps twice. Agreed that form and and class won't count for much if we're not up for it. That said I'm glad Hutch wont be playing as he would be trying to break legs and we know he'd be down the tunnel. Jones will be a key man - always calm, suspect they'll kick lumps out of Bannan, Play like we did today and we should win.

Sheff United have one of the best midfields in the Championship.

Probably the best footballing team to come out of league 1 for many years.

Totally outclassed Barnsley who couldn't even manage a single shot on target.

Dominant and impressive against Derby, agree the 3 goals were gifts but Derby never troubled the keeper once and United were far and away the superior team.

Really looking forward to the game. Suspect some people might be eating humble pie.

Hope it's a good game and we show Sky Sports and it's viewers what a great spectacle the Steel City Derby is.

Edited by sheffsteel

16 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

Probably the best footballing team to come out of league 1 for many years.

Totally outclassed Barnsley who couldn't even manage a single shot on target.

Dominant and impressive against Derby, agree the 3 goals were gifts but Derby never troubled the keeper once and United were far and away the superior team.

Really looking forward to the game. Suspect some people might be eating humble pie.

Hope it's a good game and we show Sky Sports and it's viewers what a great spectacle the Steel City Derby is.

Yes they've been impressive so far. We have significantly better players though IMO but we'll have to match their work rate to be successful.

13 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

Only one of the Blades' midfield has played consistently at Championship level, and we're only 6 games into this season.

'Best in the Championship' therefore quite a bold claim...what are you basing that on exactly? 

3 minutes ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

Only one of the Blades' midfield has played consistently at Championship level, and we're only 6 games into this season.

'Best in the Championship' therefore quite a bold claim...what are you basing that on exactly? 

He is a proper coward

Will not even admit to being a Blade

Wednesday remind me of England.

Talented individuals and strength in depth but (like England) it's as though they are waiting for something to happen.

Fortunately even when there's a below par performance then a piece of quality from an individual like Fletcher or Bannsn can win the match.

Wednesdays main issue is "tempo". Start the match revved up (like today against Forest) and Wednesday have a realistic chance of top 2.

The bottom lime is posiitivity and play without fear and then Wednesday will win the derby but preparation is key and not to fall into the trap of under estimating United.

1 minute ago, sheffsteel said:

Wednesday remind me of England.

Talented individuals and strength in depth but (like England) it's as though they are waiting for something to happen.

Fortunately even when there's a below par performance then a piece of quality from an individual like Fletcher or Bannsn can win the match.

Wednesdays main issue is "tempo". Start the match revved up (like today against Forest) and Wednesday have a realistic chance of top 2.

The bottom lime is posiitivity and play without fear and then Wednesday will win the derby but preparation is key and not to fall into the trap of under estimating United.

You remind me of a coward

9 minutes ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

Best is an exagerration, it's too early to judge anything yet.

But the early opinion is based on outclassing Barnsley who went on to beat Sunderland 3-0 next match.

Then comfortably controlling and dominating Derby who went on to beat Hull 5-0 in their next match.

Also today comfortably controlling the match away at Sunderland.

A big factor in competition is preparation and psyching up the team.

Suspect Barnsley, Derby and Sunderland thought 'they've just come up from league 1 so can't be any good"

Meaning that all 3 teams put in poor performances.

As I said if Wednesday prepare and expect a really tough match then everything will be fine.

If the players are really confident and just expect to turn up and win then they'll be shocked. 

Carlos can play a big role.

30 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

Best is an exagerration, it's too early to judge anything yet.

But the early opinion is based on outclassing Barnsley who went on to beat Sunderland 3-0 next match.

Then comfortably controlling and dominating Derby who went on to beat Hull 5-0 in their next match.

Also today comfortably controlling the match away at Sunderland.

A big factor in competition is preparation and psyching up the team.

Suspect Barnsley, Derby and Sunderland thought 'they've just come up from league 1 so can't be any good"

Meaning that all 3 teams put in poor performances.

As I said if Wednesday prepare and expect a really tough match then everything will be fine.

If the players are really confident and just expect to turn up and win then they'll be shocked. 

Carlos can play a big role.

I agree with most of what you are saying, but what are doing on "our" site?

Why don't stick to Bladesmad (I assume your on that) or even the Championship forum (I know your on that).

If Wednesday were exceeding expectations I would be out celebrating or sharing my thoughts with fellow Owls, not on "your" site (he is definetly a Blade) telling your fans that "if you prepare and expect a tough game and play to your potential everything will be fine. (At least you admit we have the better team on paper). Though it wouldn't be fine for you if we do perform to our potential, so why state it?

We all know that, but that means nothing in a Derby match,  you have better players than many on here give you credit for, you have a manager who will definetly have the players up for it and at the moment you have confidence and momentum. 

All these make you dangerous in a one off (or two) match, but come May I expect to see us well above you, but you will be fine, midtable at worst.

Still don't understand what your doing on here though, unless you are one of "dem" that rather than supporting your team, has just got an obsession with us. (Probably because we're Sheffield oldest, biggest and best club).

So WAWAW?