Liam Palmer

Because he's homegrown, we REALLY wanted to like him, but the reality of it is, I'm not sure I ever really remember him being that great. He had age on his side, and was homegrown.... thats all. 

Controversial, but I feel this is whats been happening with Wildsmith.... although granted, he still has time left to develop, but that window has closed for Palmer.

Another player that gets too little game time to be judged too harshly.

Can't expect him to be at his best in the odd cameo.

Good enough to have been a mainstay when we first broke the clean sheet record wasn't he?

Who do you think we should have to sit in the bench? We're never going to have 20 odd top Championship players are we?!!! :columbo:

Edited by Donny.Owl

Liam is a great kid with a fantastic attitude, great engine, strong in the tackle and a good football brain. He is s box2box centre midfielder and it's a testament to his talent that he has been able to fill in so well at right back.....

He's an ok replacement if Hunt is injured but nothing more. The fact he couldn't grasp the right back position when Hunt was gash during the first half of last season probably tells us what level he's at.

With the game in front of him he's a better defender than Hunt but once the balls gone past him he totally switches off, as he does when crosses are coming in from the opposite wedding.