£30m to spend this week

Guest Deleted member

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Sam Gallagher or Hugill - 8m

Calum Robinson or if too expensive Marvin Johnson (oxford)

Curtis Nelson oxford

Hijack the Jackson Irvine bid if we could (2.5m) or try for Philip Billing on Loan.

i think wed have change for Jota

I think that would add some power and directness. In my imagination.

Gallagher is at Brum, the rest are bang average and not what we need, Billings on loan??? He has started all games this season for a premier league team!

Jota is the only one who may be of interest and I'd be apprehensive about him for big money too. One season wonder?

How about we give our new loan CB a run for his money and then start using our current strikers and forwards fully to utilise their potential. Honestly, if FF or Rhodes goes, I'm going to wait for PL promotion in our 151st anniversary season. Would seem we're currently about to implode and pull a Brighton in their 14/15 season and nearly get relegated before getting promotion shortly after...

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Let's assume the rumours are true, FF to Fulham and JR to Wolves. That's got to bring in circa £24m, and with the £6m the Chairman claimed we bid for Morrison that means we've got £30m to spend by Thursday night 

Who would you buy?

3 left backs from Charlton, 2 Portuguese midfielders we've never heard of, 2 more pace free strikers, an ex Ajax left back that everyone thought retired 2 years ago, a 4th choice keeper from Norwich, and 2 fast wingers for the bench with huge appearance bonuses so we can't play them.

Whatevers left spend on sacking the medical dept again, and employ a team of Eastern European faith healers.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

3 left backs from Charlton, 2 Portuguese midfielders we've never heard of, 2 more pace free strikers, an ex Ajax left back that everyone thought retired 2 years ago, a 4th choice keeper from Norwich, and 2 fast wingers for the bench with huge appearance bonuses so we can't play them.

Whatevers left spend on sacking the medical dept again, and employ a team of Eastern European faith healers.

Déjà vu :duntmatter:

Guest Deleted member

I should point out for those of you who don't have the necessary intelligence to decipher it, my post about Att buying our players was sarcasm

53 minutes ago, torres said:

Gallagher is at Brum, the rest are bang average and not what we need, Billings on loan??? He has started all games this season for a premier league team!

Jota is the only one who may be of interest and I'd be apprehensive about him for big money too. One season wonder?

Didnt realise Gallagher had moved already. Billing didn't play much last season so didn't think he'd be starting in the premier league. Neither are bad players though.

Calum Robinson and Hugil are developing well and in my opinion offer something different to what we have. Cardiff are showing what a bit of raw, direct athleticism over finesse can do. It would give us a good mix.

Its only hypothetical but who would you pick as realistic targets without any scouting that could be signed by Thursday?

17 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I should point out for those of you who don't have the necessary intelligence to decipher it, my post about Att buying our players was sarcasm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I missed it, genius, wasted you are 

:duntmatter:

Not sure on players name wise, but would like a youngish centre half to partner lees, a left back that can defend with some pace and can cross a ball and also a box to box midfielder, that can battle and not be scared of putting a tackle in with high energy. 

Our team is like an old house that needs some colour adding to it, full of players that have no energy and the team spirit seems flat. 

Before we do spend though, get a new manager in that can spend it wisely rather than losing even more money on pointless additions. 

Mmmm....£30 Million........I'd buy Dem Blades first and dissolve them, then with the other £29,500,000 I'd go back for Morrison £10 Million, then Bacary Sakho from Palace, £5 Million, George Friend From Boro For £9 Million, I'd offer Shay Given a Player/Coach role for the rest of the season, better number two than what we have and finally I'd try and get a right sided pacey wing back on loan from a premiership club.

Then i'd have a bag of chips with what is left.lol

• Haha 1

Why spend all that on Rhodes to let him go? No chance. I'd sell FF and Winnall personally.

10/12 mill there for a CB, CM and a young pacey winger on loan. Would solve all our problems. Then again, we have needed that since PO final.

My wife controls all my finances. She takes all my wages off me and gives me £50 a week spending money.

Mind you, we go on holiday to Florida for three weeks every year, the mortgage on our nice house is paid off next year, and we have 6 digit investments doing quite nicely.

Not all women are bad with cash. 

To be fair, I'm not doing bad for a lad from a council estate, who only gets £50 a week spending money. I'd have blown my money on beer and having a good time if left to it (it's their job to keep you miserable, comes as part of the marriage deal).

Ps - she doesn't know about my secret savings that I spend on fishing tackle, beer, having a good time, and hookers dressed in Blue and white striped Wednesday shirts)

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

My wife controls all my finances. She takes all my wages off me and gives me £50 a week spending money.

Mind you, we go on holiday to Florida for three weeks every year, the mortgage on our nice house is paid off next year, and we have 6 digit investments doing quite nicely.

Not all women are bad with cash. 

To be fair, I'm not doing bad for a lad from a council estate, who only gets £50 a week spending money. I'd have blown my money on beer and having a good time if left to it (it's their job to keep you miserable, comes as part of the marriage deal).

Ps - she doesn't know about my secret savings that I spend on fishing tackle, beer, having a good time, and hookers dressed in Blue and white striped Wednesday shirts)

Was just about to tell you about wasting you're money until I read the last sentence :stuwinky: