£30m to spend this week

Guest Deleted member

I think we should bolster midfield with some more CMs to play wide and get a couple more average left backs.

Maybe supunk a load on a striker that doesnt get a game or go the tried and tested route of an injury prone enigmatic type.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Homer said:

Forestieri & Rhodes + a center back :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Why would you keep FF /JR  while CC is in charge? A complete waste, not used correctly, not playing to our strength may as well cash in...unless CC is off, do you know something....cos it's a foookin crazy waste of talent and money keeping em here.

When we sell those too, they won't go into retirement or vanish into thin air. They'll sign for rival clubs who are competing with us for promotion. Unlike us, they'll have managers who know how to use them correctly. And both players had a good record against us before we signed them.

So we help our rivals by selling them two of the most talented players in the division, and keep a manager who's already got two play-off defeats under his belt. Surely a better solution would be to bring in a manager who knows how to make them play.

Just now, MuddyFunkster said:

Personally for me I'd bring in Joost Van Aken, Jackson Irvine and a PL striker on loan. The remainder of the budget I'd leave for January if we are in the mix or for a new manager to strengthen.

Where is the sense in that when we can blow it on a 32 year old with knackered knees after one last payday ?

• Haha 1

Guest Deleted member

Personally I'd rather we didn't buy or sell anybody.

But brought in a real Chief Exec who is experienced in football. As a club we really need a Paul Aldridge and he was a real loss to us. You get the feeling the Chairman's millions are being used in a player lottery right now 

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

But brought in a real Chief Exec who is experienced in football. As a club we really need a Paul Aldridge and he was a real loss to us. You get the feeling the Chairman's millions are being used in a player lottery right now 

That's a separate thread of its own there!

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

And re Chansiri's millions- if they ever remake Brewster's Millions a good starting point would be to buy Sheffield Wednesday.

I think we are one player missing from a very good squad capable of the top 2, thats a reliable holding midfield player, someone who thinks about defending first.

Basically a more robust Hutch

That will then free up the best attacking options in the League.

Everyone in the division knows how we are going to play each week, it would be nice to mix things up a bit and actually use the squad.

We lack pace everywhere, Jack Hunt and FF are probably the only 2 players that can beat a man.

Our 2 wide midfield players are picked first and foremost to keep us compact, attacking intent comes second and our 2 fullbacks are our main attacking threat.

Ross Wallace is all left footed and played a large part of his career on the left of midfield, he's also played left back and his delivery is outstanding. Why have we never played him on the left of midfield? Even just for one game to mix things up, I know for a fact he would get a very high number of dangerous crosses into the box. If only we had a couple of Strikers who thrive off crosses, oh.

We could then play narrow on the other side, or do the same on the other side, but we don't actually have any natural width down that side.

And then, this is the major crazy thing, get our fullbacks to defend, i know, i know, I am nuts.

To summarise, CC needs to keep the opposition guessing, we have played the same way all last season and were very predictable.

If he doesn't then I can't keep supporting him, he's making rookie mistakes by sticking to the same one dimensional, one paced approach.

4 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Jota would be the ideal replacement for Forestieri but unlikely. Instead of bringing in like for likes, I would rather us address our weaknesses but also bring in something different. We could ideally do with some pace and power.

Full back/wing backs I'd consider: Joe Bryan, Calum Woods, Amari'i Bell or similar

Centre back: That linked Dutch lad; Harlee Dean, Adam Webster or similar

Midfielders: Adlene Guedioura; Ben Osborn, Jackson Irvine, Ryan Woods or similar

Wingers: Ademola Lookman (loan); Callum Robinson, Kyle Bennett, Marcus Maddison or similar

Strikers: Kenneth Zahore; Rudy Gestede, Sam Gallagher, Jordan Hugill or similar

That is totally mind boggling the amount of players you have mentioned. I honestly cant see any of those coming to Hillsborough and why would they. I think whilst ever CC is Head coach, DS will not be spending any money unless we shift some. Also,  whoever thinks ( in other posts) we are going to get 30 mill for for FF and JR are living in a land of fantasy. We would be lucky to get half that amount. Folk need to understand that we do not have very good saleable assets, where we can make a killing. Other teams know that there are problems within the camp for us to try to unload these two so therefore we are never going to get the true value. 

9 hours ago, Grandad said:

Let's assume the rumours are true, FF to Fulham and JR to Wolves. That's got to bring in circa £24m, and with the £6m the Chairman claimed we bid for Morrison that means we've got £30m to spend by Thursday night 

Who would you buy?

30 mill. Whoaaaaaa. My god ,whatever your drinking make mine a double. You wouldnt get 30 mil for the whole squad including young Hirsty.

Guest Deleted member
25 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

30 mill. Whoaaaaaa. My god ,whatever your drinking make mine a double. You wouldnt get 30 mil for the whole squad including young Hirsty.

Given we've reportedly been offered 12m for FF, I think it's you that's been drinking if you don't think the rest of the squad is worth 12m. Add the 6m the Chairman says he offered for Morrison and there's your 30m

Guest Grez Bez

We need a box to box midfielder who can compete with Lee. Without him nothing works; he lets everyone else play their own roles.

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Given we've reportedly been offered 12m for FF, I think it's you that's been drinking if you don't think the rest of the squad is worth 12m. Add the 6m the Chairman says he offered for Morrison and there's your 30m

I wish I could share your confidence. That's not a dig by the way but I'm trying to be realistic. 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Spot on , agree 100%, Just seen WBA want £30 million for Jonny Evans!!!!!,,    We should sell the entire squad , sit on the cash , build an world class academy, and wait for the bubble to burst.   

1 hour ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I think we are one player missing from a very good squad capable of the top 2, thats a reliable holding midfield player, someone who thinks about defending first.

Basically a more robust Hutch

That will then free up the best attacking options in the League.

Everyone in the division knows how we are going to play each week, it would be nice to mix things up a bit and actually use the squad.

We lack pace everywhere, Jack Hunt and FF are probably the only 2 players that can beat a man.

Our 2 wide midfield players are picked first and foremost to keep us compact, attacking intent comes second and our 2 fullbacks are our main attacking threat.

Ross Wallace is all left footed and played a large part of his career on the left of midfield, he's also played left back and his delivery is outstanding. Why have we never played him on the left of midfield? Even just for one game to mix things up, I know for a fact he would get a very high number of dangerous crosses into the box. If only we had a couple of Strikers who thrive off crosses, oh.

We could then play narrow on the other side, or do the same on the other side, but we don't actually have any natural width down that side.

And then, this is the major crazy thing, get our fullbacks to defend, i know, i know, I am nuts.

To summarise, CC needs to keep the opposition guessing, we have played the same way all last season and were very predictable.

If he doesn't then I can't keep supporting him, he's making rookie mistakes by sticking to the same one dimensional, one paced approach.

Because thats Bannan`s position lol