Bookies saying Fernando Forestieri is off to Fulham

I reckon people are dreaming thinking we'd get 10 million for him. 6 million at best for me.

We only value him so highly based on the fact that on his day he can be excellent. Unfortunately he doesn't have the consistency or attitude to have enough of those days or command anywhere near to an 8 figure fee.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

FB_IMG_1503680851017.jpg.ca3a6113bcf24f52ace1720972e73dad.jpg

One thing you can say about bookies is that they are generally spot on with their odds/betting

The bookies tonight are suggesting Fernando Forestieri is off to Fulham

Zzzzzzz...like Snodgrass and Oliver Burke were odds on to join us a few weeks ago?   :laugh:

4 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

No player in their right mind would splash out on a club themed table football game to have to buy a different one.

Not on your Nellie.

Its a gift for Nuhiu 

2 hours ago, OutspokenTom said:

I reckon people are dreaming thinking we'd get 10 million for him. 6 million at best for me.

We only value him so highly based on the fact that on his day he can be excellent. Unfortunately he doesn't have the consistency or attitude to have enough of those days or command anywhere near to an 8 figure fee.

6 months ago I'd have agreed with you. 12 months ago I would definitely have agreed with you. 

This market is insane though. Bang average players going for huge money all over the place. 

£10m for a talented but temperamental player who can't even get in his own Championship team used to be unthinkable until quite recently. 

Whereas now it probably isn't too far off the going rate for a player who is still young-ish and has proven ability to win Championship games on his own if you get him going. 

I don't think he's worth £10m, but I would expect us to be asking for that kind of money. 

If you sell him now, fans will want the funds reinvesting in other players. DC wants to recoup some £'s and reduce the wage bill so, IMO, he'll be a transfer deadline day deal, just late enough for the club not to be able spend the transfer fee.

Undisclosed fee but thought to be £3-4m and a move to Yorkshire rivals, Leeds United.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, just visiting said:

If you sell him now, fans will want the funds reinvesting in other players. DC wants to recoup some £'s and reduce the wage bill so, IMO, he'll be a transfer deadline day deal, just late enough for the club not to be able spend the transfer fee.

Undisclosed fee but thought to be £3-4m and a move to Yorkshire rivals, Leeds United.

Nice fishing attempt. 

£3-4 million :duntmatter:

40 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Fortunately, you couldn't be more wrong.

lol

35 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Nice fishing attempt. 

£3-4 million :duntmatter:

Lets forget the transfer fee for a minute and get in the real world.

Any club looking at FF will take into account his age, his current form, his required contract length, his wage demands, the job lot. So lets assume he's on £35k at SWFC, that's an addition to the clubs wage bill of £1.8m per year, that will put a lot of clubs off. He's 28 in 4 months and will probably be wanting a three/ four year deal on those wages, that will put a lot of clubs off. His current form suggests he's struggling to regularly start games in the Championship, so again that may put a lot of clubs off.

So even before a transfer fee is discussed, the pool of clubs interested in him is small. Now add on a £7-8-9m+ transfer fee, a signing on fee, promotion and appearance bonuses and last but not least a £500k+ agents invoice and, in all seriousness, you've nobody left in for him.

FF is your FFP fall guy I'm afraid. Deemed surplus to requirements by the management. So a £3-4m fee and £1.8m off your annual wage bill will be deemed as good business by SWFC. Any higher than that and you're stuck with a player in limbo, draining your income.

Another example, Liam Bridcutt is a year older than FF but has PL playing experience and plenty of Championship experience. He was one of our highest earners on £20k per week, which NFFC will have had to match at least and as such we've had to practically give him away at £1m.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Lets forget the transfer fee for a minute and get in the real world.

Any club looking at FF will take into account his age, his current form, his required contract length, his wage demands, the job lot. So lets assume he's on £35k at SWFC, that's an addition to the clubs wage bill of £1.8m per year, that will put a lot of clubs off. He's 28 in 4 months and will probably be wanting a three/ four year deal on those wages, that will put a lot of clubs off. His current form suggests he's struggling to regularly start games in the Championship, so again that may put a lot of clubs off.

So even before a transfer fee is discussed, the pool of clubs interested in him is small. Now add on a £7-8-9m+ transfer fee, a signing on fee, promotion and appearance bonuses and last but not least a £500k+ agents invoice and, in all seriousness, you've nobody left in for him.

FF is your FFP fall guy I'm afraid. Deemed surplus to requirements by the management. So a £3-4m fee and £1.8m off your annual wage bill will be deemed as good business by SWFC. Any higher than that and you're stuck with a player in limbo, draining your income.

Another example, Liam Bridcutt is a year older than FF but has PL playing experience and plenty of Championship experience. He was one of our highest earners on £20k per week, which NFFC will have had to match at least and as such we've had to practically give him away at £1m.

You wish

Guest Copthorneowl

Best goal scoring record per minutes played, most assists, key game changer and  almost certainly get get the highest fee of all our players. Yes let's get rid.

Please stay Nando.