Bookies saying Fernando Forestieri is off to Fulham

9 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Nobody seems to follow them as much as you. To say your interest in us is unhealthy would be tame. Can't for the life of me understand how you've got the time and energy to pay so much attention to another clubs forum. It's strange.

lol

Don't worry about it mate. There's nowt strange about it, I post on loads of forums. I have times of the day when I can go online, like everyone else, no big deal really. 10 minutes here, half an hour there. 

I do find the fact I appear far more knowledgeable about SWFC than some fans on here a bit weird though. Maybe I do need to circulate a bit more.

Edited by just visiting
  • Haha 1

Just now, just visiting said:

Don't worry about it mate. There's nowt strange about it, I post on loads of forums. I have times of the day when I can go online, like everyone else, no big deal really. 10 minutes here, half an hour there. 

You're very welcome on here too mate

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, just visiting said:

If you sell him now, fans will want the funds reinvesting in other players. DC wants to recoup some £'s and reduce the wage bill so, IMO, he'll be a transfer deadline day deal, just late enough for the club not to be able spend the transfer fee.

Undisclosed fee but thought to be £3-4m and a move to Yorkshire rivals, Leeds United.

looks like youll get great odds on that but i reckon youll keep your money in your pocket

4 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Fair enough, So I'm presuming you don't think there is a FFP issue currently then or even last season?

So you don't think the reason you loaned JR in the last transfer window with a view to buy in this transfer window was because of the FFP issue thing?

I'm not convinced no, in fact if anything I think it's being used as a bit of a smoke screen.

Everyone knows Chansiri has got cash so clubs ask for top dollar when we come sniffing. Talking about FFP all the time tempers that somewhat. 

If it is really an issue why did we sign Rhodes only a few months ago? Have we really got our sums that badly wrong? I don't buy it.

13 minutes ago, belfast owl lad said:

he's at his level(championship)there is no chance a prem club would go anywhere near him,if someone offers 5m bite their hand off.

Think you are way out on price. Don't think DC will let him go at anything less than £10m and probably more in current market. Look how much we paid for Rhodes - I'm sure DC will be considering that.

3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Is 35k accurate? I've no idea. 

You don't think £3/4m is a measly sum in today's market? A proven regular match winner at championship level, coming into the peak years of his career?

Coming into his peak years yet he cant get a start with you guys. Not saying that's down to ability but something doesn't fit at the minute. So from the outside, it appears you have a player in limbo on good wages with still two years left on his deal, that the club can do without.

I also don't get this "today's market" . Only Middlesbrough have really pushed the boundaries this season in the Championship by paying, what appears to be, well over the odds but they've recouped plenty as well, just as NUFC did. Elsewhere there's been some extremely good value for money transfers.

Derby paid just £2m for Tom Huddleston, £5m for Tom Lawrence. £5m for Howson with 120+ PL appearances for the last four years. Our own Pontus Jansson £3.6m. Yet people on here are quoting £8-10m+ for FF. 

No chance.

22 minutes ago, belfast owl lad said:

he's at his level(championship)there is no chance a prem club would go anywhere near him,if someone offers 5m bite their hand off.

Oh no but youre wrong by Owlstalk logic I'm afraid.

You see, little Fernando here is the best player to ever play for the club. Every team in the premier league is after him. They are all just waiting until last minute to raise the funds to pay 100m for him.

8 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Coming into his peak years yet he cant get a start with you guys. Not saying that's down to ability but something doesn't fit at the minute. So from the outside, it appears you have a player in limbo on good wages with still two years left on his deal, that the club can do without.

I also don't get this "today's market" . Only Middlesbrough have really pushed the boundaries this season in the Championship by paying, what appears to be, well over the odds but they've recouped plenty as well, just as NUFC did. Elsewhere there's been some extremely good value for money transfers.

Derby paid just £2m for Tom Huddleston, £5m for Tom Lawrence. £5m for Howson with 120+ PL appearances for the last four years. Our own Pontus Jansson £3.6m. Yet people on here are quoting £8-10m+ for FF. 

No chance.

The only player there you can even remotely compare to FF is Lawrence, who's had what, 6 months of form in the championship?

Whatever people may speculate about his current situation, any potential buyer will be looking at the most productive attacker of a top 6 championship side over the last 2 seasons. A regular match winner.

He's worth a lot more pal.

17 minutes ago, just visiting said:

No chance.

Spot on. Our lot are deluded when it comes to FF. If we got the 3m we paid for him back I'd be happy. 

Not selling him at the beginning of last season was a big mistake. At that point we defiantly could have got more for him. But now? Fecking no chance. 

• Haha 1

At the end of the day the price for a player is determined not by any logic but by how much we are prepared to accept and how much a club is willing to pay.

How much a club is willing to pay is determined by their own financial position. For example, if Fulham are interested and they have decided to accept the potential 25 mill bid for Sessengnon they might be willing to pay over the odds to get the replacement they want.

In the Bridcutt case Forest are skint and if they were the only club interested in taking on his 20k per week wages then they could more or less name how much they wanted to pay

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

The only player there you can even remotely compare to FF is Lawrence, who's had what, 6 months of form in the championship?

Whatever people may speculate about his current situation, any potential buyer will be looking at the most productive attacker of a top 6 championship side over the last 2 seasons. A regular match winner.

You're right there. You can't really compare Fernando to those players. All the players in that list are all team players. You can't compare the one man band, ego-trip that is forestieri with them.

8 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Who refuses to play if someones on 50p more than him, who doesnt want to play where his manager wants to play him, who is falling out with his team mates in training and hasnt been a match winner for a while now!

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

FB_IMG_1503680851017.jpg.ca3a6113bcf24f52ace1720972e73dad.jpg

One thing you can say about bookies is that they are generally spot on with their odds/betting

The bookies tonight are suggesting Fernando Forestieri is off to Fulham

This is pure opportunism on the part of the bookies. Trying to persuade the weak minded to part with some cash. The bookies have no inside knowledge of any impending deals. The simple fact is we are not selling FF. And would be mad to do so unless we could raise enough cash to buy someone else with his unique talents and there ain't many of those around. Maybe if we raised enough to gazzump Barcelona's bid for Coutinho. Would settle for that

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I think we can all agree that's not true.

I like him as a player though and think he'd compliment our system extremely well.