Boyd and Hunt

3 hours ago, ewanem said:

did anybody think that they were really poor yesterday, Im still not sure why we haven't found a replacement for jack hunt yet. 

jack hunts a decent full back, replacing him cant be our main priority

Watched a different game to me.

Boyd in particular showed his experience in blocking crossing opportunities and between them they gradually neutralised Fulhams main threat. He has also  proved he is good enough to get out of this league

Hunt might not be the best but he ran his legs off for the cause. There may be better out there but I really like his commitment.

Hunt was probably, finding it a bit hard to run after QPR then Sunderland kicked him up in the air on numerous occasions couple of nasty lunges included. Was wondering if their eyesight wasn't good and was thinking it was Nando, well Carlos does shuffle players around a bit. Hmmm there's a point if we put Nando at right back he wont have to track back as much lol

23 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I would love the Jack Hunt who played against Chesterfield to turn up every game. He was outstanding, although against limited opposition granted.

He's obviously going to look better going forwards more when he doesn't have to worry about things going in the other direction. 

Hunt is a very good a right back in this division. He covers a huge amount of ground, does much better in the air than often expected, has good pace and has been pretty much ever present in the best run of three defensive seasons we've ever had. I just don't understand the stick people give him.

Looks like Hunt and Wallace are the chosen focus for the boo boys this season though whether they play well or not.

53 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

He's obviously going to look better going forwards more when he doesn't have to worry about things going in the other direction. 

Hunt is a very good a right back in this division. He covers a huge amount of ground, does much better in the air than often expected, has good pace and has been pretty much ever present in the best run of three defensive seasons we've ever had. I just don't understand the stick people give him.

Looks like Hunt and Wallace are the chosen focus for the boo boys this season though whether they play well or not.

Whoa steady on I'm not knocking him, I like him. I'm just saying I wish he would have as much confidence about him every game, like he had against Chesterfield.

But as I pointed out it was limited opposition so I can understand why it doesn't happen every week in a sense.

Doesn't stop me from wanting it every week though.

lol

15 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Whoa steady on I'm not knocking him, I like him. I'm just saying I wish he would have as much confidence about him every game, like he had against Chesterfield.

But as I pointed out it was limited opposition so I can understand why it doesn't happen every week in a sense.

Doesn't stop me from wanting it every week though.

lol

Fair dos. Wasn't meaning you specifically, here's hoping he keeps up the good form. I expect Palmer to get the nod tomorrow night though

Fulhams left side, will be one of the very best in the league... 

Hunt took the opening 15/20 mins to bed in against them, but once he had got his feet back on track, thought he had a good game.

Boyd helped out enough.

Both off to leeds by the way

There is a difference in slagging a player off and suggesting rightly or wrongly that a position can be improved upon . 

People get too sensitive  and protective about players I certainly do when it comes to Barry Bannan  but I feel right back is a key area we can improve on . 

If you think Jack Hunt is the best around thats a personel opinion I don't share and think we could do much better . 

It's right that we could improve on Jack Hunt as right back.

But we could improve in EVERY position. A possible exception being goal keeper.

That said, I don't think people are getting too sensitive or protective about Hunt. They are just reacting to the OP which said that Hunt (and Boyd) "were really poor". My opinion and the consensus (amongst posters at least) seems to be that despite being up against quality opposition on their left, Hunt actually had a decent game: certainly far from being really poor.

The error of needless posts that give unwarranted criticism of our players, any player, should be corrected.