Fletcher

Remember when I got negged loads for saying he and Hooper is our best partnership and Rhodes was nowhere near as good as him?

2 hours ago, debram said:

Why did cc take him against udders, he was on fire then same as now, no good dwelling on the past but why oh why

He was injured for the international in the game straight after so maybe he took a knock. Do agree tho when he went off I was like bad sub. But maybe he was forced off.

Edited by don'tCallMeOwlCallYo

3 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Him and hooper are the perfect front 2 its a shame ff will be the one to break up that partnership

What a f ing stupid comment if anyone 'breaks' it up it can only be Carlos. Forestieri doesn't pick himself unless he dropped himself for two games and started himself as sub today 

7 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Remember when I got negged loads for saying he and Hooper is our best partnership and Rhodes was nowhere near as good as him?

Hooper and Fletch are unquestionably our best partnership. But where I disagree is on Rhodes. 

I think the the sooner we see Rhodes as our regular replacement for one of these two on 60-70 minutes the better. We know we can't run Fletch or Hoops into the ground.

It's weird as most of our forwards get stick for various reasons apart from hooper.  I was one of many to have a pop at fletcher last season. But since Newcastle at home he has seemed the real deal to me.

remember he was one of few to do his job in the playoff second leg, got his goal with a great header and is the reason we didn't really need Rhodes.  Good movement and strong in the air.

the only negative with him and hooper  is lack of pace but if this is addressed via the wings or even in central attacking midfield before the window is shut then I don't see a problem

Seems to really benefit from a goalscoring perspective by playing alongside Hooper. He's scored 6 goals in the last 7 or 8 games he's started alongside him. Not beyond the realms of possibility to expect him to score 15 or more this season, if they both stay fit and they get a run of games together?

Fletcher has openly admitted last season he was never 100% fit struggling with a knee injury, and now is fit again.

Personally think hes best paired with hooper up top as there good friends off the pitch , they seem to link up great together.

Just hope we can get the best out the other forwards 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Hooper and Fletch are unquestionably our best partnership. But where I disagree is on Rhodes. 

I think the the sooner we see Rhodes as our regular replacement for one of these two on 60-70 minutes the better. We know we can't run Fletch or Hoops into the ground.

Changes were spot on yesterday, FF to u settle them with their energy and with Nuhiu the ball stuck a lot better than it would have with Rhodes.

I've made my  opinion on Rhodes clear but aside from his free header the Sunderland appearance was a very good one, he'll have a part to play 

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I like Fletcher. Works hard and always look a thread. Him and Hooper need to get a partnership going now.

Last five games:-

FF Fletch

FF Rhodes

Rhodes Hooper

Winnall Hooper

Fletch Hooper

That's plain wrong.

Yes, Hooper and Fletcher have done really well together. In fact we have won every game they have started together since Hooper's injury. That alone bodes well. But they clearly work well together. Always have done. No idea why Carlos hasn't stuck with it.

Has been excellent since he came in with about a third of last season to go. 

He is an outlet, holds the ball up well, puts himself about and has a great knack of scoring vital and important goals. 

Not sure he's a "natural" goalscorer, but I'd fully expect him to be getting 12 - 15 goals and with Fletch those will all be crucial ones. 

Him and Hooper are the partnership for me. 

Rhodes, Winnall and Nando will have to force their way in (the latter could always go on the left ):duntmatter:

Edited by SiJ