Why are OT's most knowledgeable fans viewed as...

Just now, Cosby Blunkett said:

It's just followed right on from last season on here.

People put themselves, but more often others, into diametrically opposed camps of "Happy Clappers" and "Moaners" and then just sling mud at one another.

Actually most of us are somewhere in the middle; we don't think a 45minute performance against Sunderland means everything is going to be OK, nor do we think the manager who has delivered 2 top 6 finishes is suddenly incompetent.

well said 

37 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I'm not sure happy clapper and having knowledge is linked Nev.

I think its more to do with patience, some have it, some don't, supporters will lose patience at different rates.

Anyone who is currently happy with things at the club at the moment must be an Happy Clapper, I personally think we have moved a step back this summer, after 2 seasons of progression.

I am fully prepared for a nothing season, with dull football being played, very disappointing.

Me too, I remember when the news broke that Carlos was staying, there were some on here that predicted a 'dip' this season.

They got absoloutley hammered by the 'happy clappers'

The internet has created bi-polar opinions

You have only a few lines to put your opinion across so its going to seem black or white

And things get argued to each minuscule detail that it gets rounded down eventually to simple tags and insults....and on here almost my dad is bigger than your dad

Thats why modern politics has become so extreme

34 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Maybe a study is needed. I am not over critical though the first few hours following a defeat I'm like a bear with a sore arse. My first rule is to keep away from OT following my transgression following garymegsonsacking. But the anger dissipates after a couple of days and I become more reasoned again.

This opposed to building a dossier of hate on a manager who has nothing but good intentions, I just find the behaviour sickening !

I hate losing, words can't describe it

But there's one thing I'm sure of ...

I'll find NOTHING on Owlstalk to ease my pain   :columbo:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

It's just followed right on from last season on here.

People put themselves, but more often others, into diametrically opposed camps of "Happy Clappers" and "Moaners" and then just sling mud at one another.

Actually most of us are somewhere in the middle; we don't think a 45minute performance against Sunderland means everything is going to be OK, nor do we think the manager who has delivered 2 top 6 finishes is suddenly incompetent.

Congratulations and welcome to #TRUEFANS

13 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Congratulations and welcome to #TRUEFANS

Truefans is another throwaway extreme tag

I'd naturally respect someones opinion who had seen the game with their own eyes.and regularly do as I dont get to many away games..ie. seeing the whole pitch, what each player does, experience the atmosphere, see how the managers react...instead of listening to it on the radio, watching the stats on the internet, reading the star, getting second hand information or watching the incoming scores on teletext. Thought thats how it always was.  But no as people simply have a chip on their shoulder.

It's the exact same reason as to why modern politics is so poisonous recently.

People share their opinion on a matter and anyone who doesn't agree with them is put in the other category, it's seen as black and white when it actually turns out the majority of people are shades of grey, however, it is so much harder to get your point across when this is the case as the people on the edges of the spectrum always shout the loudest.

Edited by Gnarwolf