Carlos defends leaving Boyd out

5 hours ago, the third man said:

New signing, a winger played loads of times in the PL last season, did anyone think he was going to play as many matches for us this season as he did last

if you did you don't know Carlos

A 31 year old winger that was let go on a free by his former team.

He played in the opener and he was dreadful, and so he's been on the bench a little bit (coupled with an adjustment to the formation).

We're heading into game four of the season.  Let's keep things in perspective here.

He'll see plenty of time in the coming months. 

Edited by Indoor Owl

3 hours ago, ZIMMY said:

Its never all about tactics in football,and good players are always adaptable, Gorgeous George is a better player than Wallace no matter what the system is, he has his Favorites full stop.  

That certainly wasn't the case at Preston. Boyd was awful.

Boyd and Hunt together combined to be the two worst players on the pitch, and they walked up that side all game.

The dynamic completely changed when Wallace came on.

1 minute ago, Indoor Owl said:

A 31 year old winger that was let go on a free by his former team.

He played in the opener and he was dreadful, and so he's been on the bench a little bit (coupled with an adjustment to the formation).

We're heading into game four of the season.  Let's keep things in perspective here. 

He wasn't "let go on a free", he was offered a one year deal by Burnley, which he turned down in favour of a two year one here.

Just to keep things in perspective. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, osowl said:

So in Carlos' mind we bought a starting prem midfielder to play for the mighty swfc in a part time role because after 3 weeks he's sure the guy can't play in a diamond?

W T F

Oh please, do you really think anything Carlos says in his press conference means anything at all.

I'd be surprised that if anyone who sat through 20 minutes of that could follow what he meant in any of his his answers.

7 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

He wasn't "let go on a free", he was offered a one year deal by Burnley, which he turned down in favour of a two year one here.

Just to keep things in perspective. :ph34r:

Fair enough.

Burnley didn't value him enough to try very hard to retain him, is more of my point to the posters invoking the 'starting PL midfielder, but not good enough for Carlos' angle.  

Any way you slice it, he's 31 and on the downswing - let's not pretend we picked up Shaqiri and are sitting him on the bench.

In any case, George Boyd will see plenty of time, that I'm sure of.

Edited by Indoor Owl

7 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Another example of Howson's 'stirrer' terminology

To 'defend' team selection suggests Carlos is being attacked because of it

It's team selection, for crying out loud - it's not just the head coach's prerogative, it's his job

He gets pilloried for his team selection every week.

13 minutes ago, Ronio said:

It's not even really a newsworthy story

Exactly. 

I'd rather read facts than these trying to make a story of nothing pieces.

It drives me crackers.

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Exactly. He gets pulled apart after every press call.

His every word over analysed,  (and often not analysed, just taken out of context and used to whip him)

I was only saying the other week that he might be better 'going Fergie".

Why isn't Beckham in the squad this week?

Because I haven't picked him. Next question.

I know they say relations with the press are vital. 

But they're literally using every single thing at the moment moment to fill the column inches.  

The "Carlos Defends over Boyd" Thing is a great example.

He hasn't been picked because the manager hasn't picked him. He wasn't that good at Preston.  He's gone for Wallace. It's that simple. But no,  they make it more than that. "Defends" You only defend your decisions when someone attacks them.

I genuinely get annoyed.  

I've half a mind to offer myself for free to the club to go down there and sit besides Carlos at these meetings and pull them up. 

"Yeah...but, why hasn't Forestieri. .."

"He's answered the question you little fookturd, get it written down, and get it written down properly,  if you twist it, or make it something it isn't,  ...If you deliberately lose the point in translation I will hunt you  to the ends of the Earth , I will tie you to a pole and build a clay pot around you, I will light a fire beneath you, kindled by copies of your rag of a paper, and put you in a raging heat until you are soup...then I will open the tap at the bottom of my pot and use your hot dripping  fat to grease the runners  of my portcullis.   And if you ask that question again...any of you....when it's already been answered... I will personally tear your lungs out of your chest with my bare hands  and hold them in front of your eyes so you can watch your last breath leave your body" 

Do the media team have anyone already in this role?

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Perhaps slow boiling them alive or killing them brutally infront of their peers might seem a tad harsh. To some.

I suppose pain of death isn't the only option in ridding the blights.

How about I let them live.

But make clear before the press conference begins that if anything said is taken out of context or spun in such a way as to create a sensationalist story out of nothing that I shall have them dealt with.

My man servant Stubbs and his assistant Tony Toms will kidknap them in the dead of night, hold chloroform rags over their mouths until they pass out and then cage them on the back of the Snooty mobile.

From there they will be flown to a secret island location off the coast of Africa. Once there they will be driven for 3 days without food or water into the middle of the jungle. Then they will be released one by one at 15 minute intervals and told that I will give them a days head start before I begin my hunt. 

Off they will tear into the bush and into  untold danger. Hearts pounding. Every snapping twig they hear startling them with fear. Every growl panicking them. 

Yes...

Of course, I wouldn't really hunt them down. I'm not a complete b'stard. Not that I'd tell them that. 

No, I'd fly home soon as they were out of range and leave them there living lives of complete fear. Weeping themselves to sleep wishing they had just printed the boring truth to start with. 

$_86.JPG

images (1).jpg