Carlos defends leaving Boyd out

33 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I'm a critic of CC's recent tactics but should he really need to justify leaving a player out when he fielded a strong side?

Had he left Loovens out at CB when fit, sure we should question it, but leaving Boyd out when our midfield is as strong as it is already? Not that big a deal really, is it?

I agree , I want Carlos out more than most but we can't constantly hammer him for every little thing. 

having said that , Wallace wouldn't get in any other top 12 (hopefully we will be that) side in the league yet constantly gets picked here, baffling 

Dyche deemed Wallace not good enough to be at Burnley the year they won the league in favour of Boyd. Boyd played pretty much week in and week out last season and only left Burnley because he was offered a 2 year deal with us instead of a 1 year deal with Burnley. 

A top manager in Dyche can see he's a better player... why can't CC. 

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I assume you KNOW all these facts or are you going on the Super Media which is OT?

No I don't know all the facts, just like you don't.

I'm saying what I see and I think we're on here to formulate opinions and mine is that he's class but a rotten team man.

He shouldn't really have to justify leaving Boyd out.

It's not like he scored a hat trick on debut.

He didn't play amazing, so Carlos went for Wallace who's tried and tested under CC.

Boyd will get other opportunities to impress.

1 hour ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Another example of Howson's 'stirrer' terminology

To 'defend' team selection suggests Carlos is being attacked because of it

It's team selection, for crying out loud - it's not just the head coach's prerogative, it's his job

Maybe that's because someone asked him about it so his answer is then a defence...

Carlos describing Boyd as being "too energetic" is almost the most bizarre thing I've heard him say... And that's saying something!

I didn't see him play at Preston, if he was dogger then it's fair enough that he have to work his way back into contention. But people judging a player isn't good enough after 1 freaking game is ridiculous.

I'm struggling to think of a player who should fit more comfortably into the manager's ethos; he works incredibly hard, is good technically and can play anywhere in midfield. If it's decided he's not a good fit then I give up.

12 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

How doesn't Boyd fit into a diamond system though if Wallace does? If Wallace was playing one of the 'wide' positions of the diamond then surely a more energetic, mobile player in Boyd can play it just as effectively?

That's Carlosonomics 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eightace said:

Do we need players who played 36 times in the prem last season?

When you have players like Boyd Abdi and Rhodes you build a team around them.

I disagree.

You decide on which system you want to play and then bring in/produce the players to fit the system.

Either way, Kickaball does neither.

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Probably more so as Boyd is a more energetic player and will run more.

Unusual. I can't see Lee been fit any time soon so I'd play Hutch at the bottom of a diamond, Bannan and Boyd left and right then Hooper at the top behind Fletcher and Rhodes. Shame it will never happen

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I reckon the diamond midfield is Carlos' response to our current injuries rather than his favoured formation in the long term. I imagine we'll see Boyd plenty this season.

Don't go spoiling another reason for some of our fans to moan lol

• Haha 1

Guest We Shall Overcome

"He sees social media and come out with his Spin"the sooner the 'Chairman' pulls the trigger on this "Self Centered Idiot" the better.

Guest We Shall Overcome

Its never all about tactics in football,and good players are always adaptable, Gorgeous George is a better player than Wallace no matter what the system is, he has his Favorites full stop.  

2 hours ago, torres said:

Anyone that saw him at Preston would be hugely relieved he hasn't played.

Add him to the list of "do we need him?" purchases 

Yeah let's write him off after 1 game because that would be really bright wouldn't it?

lol

• Like 1