Carlos defends leaving Boyd out

19 minutes ago, torres said:

Anyone that saw him at Preston would be hugely relieved he hasn't played.

Add him to the list of "do we need him?" purchases 

Do we need players who played 36 times in the prem last season?

When you have players like Boyd Abdi and Rhodes you build a team around them.

Edited by Eightace

I'm a critic of CC's recent tactics but should he really need to justify leaving a player out when he fielded a strong side?

Had he left Loovens out at CB when fit, sure we should question it, but leaving Boyd out when our midfield is as strong as it is already? Not that big a deal really, is it?

Not sure how anyone can look at this and not shake their head in dismay.

We have a whole season of dull-as-dishwater performances, scraping into the play-offs but performing abysmally in them, as our antidote to that we sign another 30-year-old tidy hard worker for midfield, play him in all the preseason games, then drop him after one match because we suddenly switched to a formation we've never played before. 

If if we were only going to make one summer signing you'd hope it was carefully thought through so that he had a significant impact on the team, not become another Abdi style bench warmer. 

Its just not very good is it. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, torres said:

Anyone that saw him at Preston would be hugely relieved he hasn't played.

Add him to the list of "do we need him?" purchases 

Yeah let's make our mind up about a player after one game when the whole team played crap at PNE. I would say playing 36 games in the Premiership last season means he must have something about him. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Thanks 1

Guest BULGARIA
46 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Par for the course for Carlos.

I genuinely think he signs our players at 4 am whilst drunk on ebay.

Lets hope there is more like carlos as thats the only way we will shift any of our ageing highly paid bench warmers.

8 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Carlos is the best defender we have. He is always defending decisions, tactics and everything else EXCEPT Forestieri.

Something tell you CC has an issue with FF which has caused all the problems  .

He should be able to deal with them behind closed doors and without every man and his dog knowing or assuming they know what has gone on.

I'm actually going to defend Carlos on this one.

Forestieri or any character like him is a managers nightmare, we've tried the softly softy approach and he still appears to take liberties. FF is unprofessional, in it for himself and always has been wherever he's been. If he feels an injustice, he makes the whole team suffer.

The only time he didn't was at the beginning of his first season at Wednesday when he was the marquee signing and the star of the show. All the other names we have got since has threatened that position as king pin and he can't handle it.

There's a couple of I's in Forestieri but no team.