"Because we can't spend money"

1 minute ago, killamarshtrekowl said:

You obviously didn't listen to the whole interview. He said he knows him well and he's one of the best center backs in Portugal!

Don't try and broadside the OP with a fact!!!

lol

Venancio has been well scouted by a lot of big clubs across Europe.

28 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

He also kept going on about how one of the reasons we signed him was because he wanted an opportunity in England 

no mention of his qualities 

Apart from the fact he captained Setubal against us so we would have seen first hand what he had to offer...don't let facts get in the way of your drivel   lol 

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Just listening to the interview

When talking about the us getting Frederico Venancio -about the loan to buy.

Said was a good deal because we can't spend money.

My understanding of the interview was that CC said he was a good signing because he cost us no money so didn't affect us with regards to FFP.

I don't for one minute think that theres no money available for transfers.

Carlos broken English shouldn't really be taken word for word.

7 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

My understanding of the interview was that CC said he was a good signing because he cost us no money so didn't affect us with regards to FFP.

I don't for one minute think that theres no money available for transfers.

Carlos broken English shouldn't really be taken word for word.

Fair enough. 

43 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The OP is mistaken 

We've still got the £6m we bid for Morrison to spend 

Wasn't that the line used that managed to keep them quiet at the steering meeting?

A week later the club was trying to borrow money from the fans.

It was a shame that no-one at the fans forum questioned these contradictions.

The signs have been clear for a while that we are up against the FFP limits. This makes the signing of Jordan Rhodes utterly wasteful and stupid. We are now in a position where we are almost down to the bare bones in defence, just 3 league games into the season, and we spent a large amount of our allowed budget on a position that was already crowded. I'd like to see us sign another central defender before the transfer window closes for increased cover, but I'm not optimistic, and even if we do get one is he going to have to be a free transfer or loan which would severely limit the options? Bit of a shambles really.

And then there's the issue that we have so many players in the latter half of their careers with reduced re-sale value. That shows a lack of foresight too.

Guest Deleted member
4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The signs have been clear for a while that we are up against the FFP limits. This makes the signing of Jordan Rhodes utterly wasteful and stupid. We are now in a position where we are almost down to the bare bones in defence, just 3 league games into the season, and we spent a large amount of our allowed budget on a position that was already crowded. I'd like to see us sign another central defender before the transfer window closes for increased cover, but I'm not optimistic, and even if we do get one is he going to have to be a free transfer or loan which would severely limit the options? Bit of a shambles really.

And then there's the issue that we have so many players in the latter half of their careers with reduced re-sale value. That shows a lack of foresight too.

This was exactly why last week I said I'd sell FF and Rhodes. I'd much rather keep both but the balance is all wrong

We'll bring in another centre half before the end of the month which gives us defensive options of

Hunt

Palmer

Loovens

Lees

Venancio

Pudil

Reach

Hutchinson

+ new CH

Is this not adequate?

And we get to keep Rhodes and Forestieri

Edited by BIG D

Just now, BIG D said:

We'll bring in another centre half before the end of the month which gives us defensive options of

Hunt

Palmer

Loovens

Lees

Venancio

Pudil

Reach

Hutchinson

+ new CH

Is this not adequate?

And we get to keep Rhodes and Forestieri

On the assumption that we do sign another central defender (didn't Carvalhal indicate a little while ago that he was happy with the cover he had for now with Hutchinson and Pudil), they may be a cheap option due to the financial situation. And although that would give us the numbers we need, I think there is an argument that the quality is short of what we need for a sustained promotion challenge, especially at full back. Our goals conceded record is very good but it comes at the expense of what we create at the other end.

And relying on players from other positions should be an emergency option, not among your first choices. Taking Hutchinson out of midfield takes away our only real physical presence at that position.

Edited by DJMortimer

Personally, I'd like to see us sell FF to the first serious bidder, and not for FFP reasons. He's a rotten egg IMHO, no end product and not a great team player. Already had a strop, now another one, in the form of spurious bust up rumours, strange that these incidents happen during transfer windows. Let him go FFS.

There, I've said it. 

8 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

Personally, I'd like to see us sell FF to the first serious bidder, and not for FFP reasons. He's a rotten egg IMHO, no end product and not a great team player. Already had a strop, now another one, in the form of spurious bust up rumours, strange that these incidents happen during transfer windows. Let him go FFS.

There, I've said it. 

Where do you reckon he should go?

9 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

There, I've said it. 

No end product? 

You serious? lol

The messages coming out of the club are contradictory, and have been for some time. Whether this is by design, or sheer incompetence, it's pretty difficult to tell. Would we have signed Rhodes if that was all that was in the pot? Could we have bid for Morrison, if there was no money available? 

Edited by gurujuan