"Because we can't spend money"

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Could it be that  the scale of losses is only just becoming apparent as accounts are being finalised.

Are you really trying to say that a hugely successful multimillionaire business man and his team of dedicated accountants wouldn't have done a P&L forecast on multi million pound investments and have been 'surprised' by them at the end of the financial year ?

Give me f00kin strength !!!

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Are you really trying to say that a hugely successful multimillionaire business man and his team of dedicated accountants wouldn't have done a P&L forecast on multi million pound investments and have been 'surprised' by them at the end of the financial year ?

Its beyond belief

8 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Yes, how do you account for it.?

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Again though, not very subtle If we can figure that out, I'm sure other clubs could

Well choices are it is true and this wealthy businessman is financially inept or they are telling porkies for an ulterior motive.

Edited by OxonOwl

If we've been embargoed or Chansiri's funds have run dry, then forget about playoffs this season.

All of our main rivals for promotion have strengthened over the summer, whereas we've stagnated.

Our squad is poorer than last season; key players like Loovens, Wallace, Pudil and Jones are a year closer to retirement and at least a couple of these old heads will no longer be at the club next year, Wednesday's lack of options at CB are a joke (even with this new kid we've loaned), and our best player, Forestieri's days here look numbered IMO.

We are at least another 5/6 players short of a balanced squad.  With no money to bring signings in, we are going to fall short of the top 6.

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

No end product? 

You serious? lol

Yes, serious. He over eggs it every time. Many chances go begging because he doesn't have the vision for a final pass. He's a bit greedy and tries to do it all himself. As a player he frustrates me to watch. If he was that good Watford would've kept him. Cash in the chips now.

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Where do you reckon he should go?

Brighton, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Huddersfield after they sell Mooy!

Or Barnsley....

lol

As much as I rate FF on his day maybe it is time we sold him so we can improve the team in a couple of positions. We are still lacking any real pace and power in the team. It's really frustrating the thought that we can't spend to improve the team when other seem to be having no problem doing it. 

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

You don't understand business do you.

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

You don't understand business do you.

Sure do. Have you honestly never made a forecast that turned out to be wrong??

I believe that Mr Chansiri and his advisors are discovering that running a football club is very different to running a construction company.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Slick. said:

If we've been embargoed or Chansiri's funds have run dry, then forget about playoffs this season.

All of our main rivals for promotion have strengthened over the summer, whereas we've stagnated.

Our squad is poorer than last season; key players like Loovens, Wallace, Pudil and Jones are a year closer to retirement and at least a couple of these old heads will no longer be at the club next year, Wednesday's lack of options at CB are a joke (even with this new kid we've loaned), and our best player, Forestieri's days here look numbered IMO.

We are at least another 5/6 players short of a balanced squad.  With no money to bring signings in, we are going to fall short of the top 6.

You seriously think we need 6 players? Where on earth will these players fit in?