"Because we can't spend money"

Guest Deleted member

Wolves are splashing the cash because FFP is based on a rolling 3 year basis.

No embargo for them for at least another 2 years.

Weve been splashing for 2 years already - this is our 3rd season. Shitt or bust time

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Weve been splashing for 2 years already - this is our 3rd season. Shitt or bust time

Exactly.

This alway felt like a 3 year project to me.

If we'd done it right we should be banging on the door vigorously.

As it happens we look lost. And that's why there's  so much negatively around. 

We don't look anywhere near.

3 minutes ago, beef said:

You seriously think we need 6 players? Where on earth will these players fit in? 

I think we still are short in these areas:

1 x CB

1 x RB (Sell Palmer, not good enough IMO)

1 x LB (Sell Fox, not good enough IMO)

1 x CDM (With Hutchinson always injured)

1 x CAM (Sell Abdi; Carvalhal is incapable of getting the best from him)

1 x LW (Sell Matias, not good enough IMO)

Lewis McGugan and Jake Kean obviously aren't in the manager's plans, get them sold for me.

Also we've currently got seven senior strikers; surely at least a couple of these could be moved on.

So ideally, that would be 8 players sold/released with 6 new players coming in.

5 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Will we be able to see accounts if the club is entirely owned privately? Not sure what the laws are regarding this as I never pay too much attention...

Companies House.

Total accounting losses in 14/15 and 15/16 were £14.2m. But for FFP depreciation (£1.3m in total for 2 years) and youth development costs (£undisclosed but with players, staff, expenses, infrastructure etc it must be close to 7 figures per year so say £2m in total) can be excluded. So the known is say £11m for the first 2 years, so for FFP to have been breeched to date the 2016/17 accounting loss would need to be close to £30m, which would be crazy. The concern must be the end of the current season, but that must mean that the actual accounting loss from 16/17 and forecast accounting loss for 17/18 are projected to total £35m or more...which would be nearly as crazy. It also means that cash is being burnt at a rate...its no wonder that the begging bowl is out.

52 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Wolves spent loads last season too though? They will have likely made some form of loss the season before that too.

11 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Companies House.

Total accounting losses in 14/15 and 15/16 were £14.2m. But for FFP depreciation (£1.3m in total for 2 years) and youth development costs (£undisclosed but with players, staff, expenses, infrastructure etc it must be close to 7 figures per year so say £2m in total) can be excluded. So the known is say £11m for the first 2 years, so for FFP to have been breeched to date the 2016/17 accounting loss would need to be close to £30m, which would be crazy. The concern must be the end of the current season, but that must mean that the actual accounting loss from 16/17 and forecast accounting loss for 17/18 are projected to total £35m or more...which would be nearly as crazy. It also means that cash is being burnt at a rate...its no wonder that the begging bowl is out.

We were described as being well within the limits last season. A lot of conflicting info going around

We say we cannot pay a fee but I understand fees can be spread over the contract so a couple of million over 4 year contract wouldn't really hurt us, but the wages might. Another  Inky  At makes little sense as Boyd will likely be on a solid wage.

Edited by Bluesteel

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We were described as being well within the limits last season. A lot of conflicting info going around

We say we cannot pay a fee but I understand fees can be spread over the contract so a couple of million over 4 year contract wouldn't really hurt us, but the wages might. Another  Inky  At makes little sense as Boyd will likely be on a solid wage.

Unless the losses were of the scale then Wednesday were well within because the 14/15 FFP loss was probably less than £3m and the 15/16 laround £8m. The problem is that 16/17 must have been  much higher and the projected for 17/18 must be high also. To breach FFP the total accounting lloss for the 2 years would need to be £35m or more. But if they say they are close then that is what it must be.

In the first 2 years Wolves made a combined acct profit of £10m plus £1.4m of depreciation plus youth development losses so have much more headroom for losses in 16/17 and 17/18. 

Does anyone actually know what happens if you spend too much with FFP, we get a transfer embargo but you can still sign players under i think £10k a week - or forest did when they got one, how much is the fine you get as i don't think anyone so far has paid one. Would we as an idea knowing we are going to break FFP, spend a load and get a great team together take the £5m penalty or however much it is and not be able to sign anyone for 2 transfer windows then move on.

As things stand we are in a self imposed transfer embargo or, has in fact the chairman not got any more money and he is using FFP as the excuse to try to squeeze more money out of the fans.