Steve Bruce OUT

8 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Are we really in a position to mock bottlers after our last two seasons. We are the derby county mk2 , expensive overrated squad who bottled the play offs twice then settled back into mid table ( if we aren't lucky at this rate )

Said that was my fear a year back.... its happening

Well Big Thin  Ron they sound a right bunch of happy souls !!

Maybe they need a bit of cheering up and come on here for a while 

Seriously though it's no different big club in the Cack and would think they are already in the red with FFP?   Terrys wage should have done that?

Mind the paper says 12 million to Villa Rhodes 

Wonder what the Villans take on that is ?

Just now, unkastav said:

Said that was my fear a year back.... its happening

On the matter of derby county , we lost there around October and I had a discussion that we wouldnt go up under this regime, it was clear even then. Last year despite our lofty position it was always obvious something was lacking. It's frustrated the hell out of me because with the right recruitment and manager we would be up by now. Instead we can't spend, have no defenders and have a manager with all the stubbornness of arsene wenger , yet without the trophies. 

11 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Are we really in a position to mock bottlers after our last two seasons. We are the derby county mk2 , expensive overrated squad who bottled the play offs twice then settled back into mid table ( if we aren't lucky at this rate )

I don't think losing in the play offs is bottling. Not in my world anyway.

There are 3 clubs in the play offs who aren't going up, it's no shame to be one of them, even if it is gut wrenchingly awful at the time. Derby have been in great positions to get in the play offs and faded away. 

Just now, prowl said:

I don't think losing in the play offs is bottling. Not in my world anyway.

There are 3 clubs in the play offs who aren't going up, it's no shame to be one of them, even if it is gut wrenchingly awful at the time. Derby have been in great positions to get in the play offs and faded away. 

Losing to a team on a fraction of the budget and panicking so much you go to pot after you score is bottling it. Millions had been spent on out lopsided squad compared to Huddersfield (and the other play off teams for that matter).

First year yes that was pretty much as good as could be hoped for. Last year was rubbish whichever way you look it . 4th or 14 th we didn't go up despite having the players .

Guest Arnold
On 12/08/2017 at 17:34, sherlyegg said:

Was it you who got busted for growing £1M of waccy baccy?

No he's the guy that bought it all. 

5 hours ago, AMB1867 said:

There are some right nutters on here. 

Everytine things arent going right, people mention other irrelevant rubbish. 

Forget about HMRC, Dave Allen, League One & what's happening at Aston Villa. 

Lets focus on the here & now, and we are god damn awful and that is the fault of #CluelessCarlos

How can you ignore what's happening at Villa and the opinions of the Villa fans towards Bruce when half of the eejits on here are screaming for him to take over here.

Also :- "Irrelevant rubbish"???

Mmm, pot & kettle !!!

17 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Just been on 'Villa Talk' - Cheered me up no end, here's just a few of the comments:

ALAN HUTTON - Rubbish utterly utterly rubbish. Workrate counts for nothing if you're a s**t footballer. 

JOHN TERRY - A joke, repeatedly exposed lack of pace.

SCOTT HOGAN - Very poor but not sure if we are set up wrong or just don't have the personnel, ability or attitude to bring the best out in him.

GLENN WHELAN - Total none presence, none entity of a midfielder to join our long list, waste of wages. 

CONNOR HOURIHANE - Good player, what have we done to him? Bruce seems incapable of playing him in a position that would bring the best out of him, utterly bizarre stuff from an atrocious manager.

STEVE BRUCE - A prehistoric dinosaur, one of the poorest manager's we've ever had.

There are lots of posters calling for Bruce to be sacked and John Terry to be installed as manager!! :duntmatter:

Bruce will never be popular due to his Brum days but given time he'll get something going there.

How long he gets will be ge key factor.

17 hours ago, james o connor said:

Losing to a team on a fraction of the budget and panicking so much you go to pot after you score is bottling it. Millions had been spent on out lopsided squad compared to Huddersfield (and the other play off teams for that matter).

First year yes that was pretty much as good as could be hoped for. Last year was rubbish whichever way you look it . 4th or 14 th we didn't go up despite having the players .

Fraction of the budget but 3 top quality loans from the Prem and an experienced manager. So much doom and gloom I wonder how you manage to get up in a morning.

On 8/13/2017 at 22:23, Donny.Owl said:

You'll probably find similar posts to the above on every football forum.

It's the "we want it all and want it now" spoiled brat society we live in.

We? do you include the spoiled brat who holds the club to ransom for few more quid a week, or paying £40 to get in, then moans cos the brat aint happy? and is 'spoiled'?

Edited by sherlyegg

On 13/08/2017 at 22:19, james o connor said:

Sadly, I can't find any untruths in this post...

PS I'd have Bruce here in a heartbeat. He's proved himself several times over whereas our present incumbent really hasn't...

Edited by Almat
  • Like 1

You would have to be a really, really poor manager to not get anything out of that Villa squad.

They were in the exact same position as Newcastle, and look what they did with Benitez.

Bruce is a bang average cheque book manager, same as Pardew.

Just now, Royal_D said:

Villa are in absolute turmoil 

Just seen the score, in fairness I thought Reading were a home banker for my lucky 15.

One fan on BBC web stating Bruce has had 40 games in charge now, spent an eye watering amount, and they are as bad if not worse as they were before he joined.

As I say, it takes some very poor management to not go in and improve Villa from where they were.

1 minute ago, Bannofan said:

Just seen the score, in fairness I thought Reading were a home banker for my lucky 15.

One fan on BBC web stating Bruce has had 40 games in charge now, spent an eye watering amount, and they are as bad if not worse as they were before he joined.

As I say, it takes some very poor management to not go in and improve Villa from where they were.

Wont bother him, will still walk away with bumper pay out if sacked, alls well in fantasy football

6 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Your not wrong there pal,  terrible management ,  id hate to think how much Terry is earning down there aswell !  Looks bang average from everything I've heard