Steve Bruce OUT

2 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

We are two games in so it's impossible to make any predictions. No one knows where Villa or us will finish.

But one thing is proven: Bruce has a record of getting teams up though..Carlos doesn't

Dave Jones was proven playoffs in this league ? 

Just now, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Dave Jones was proven playoffs in this league ? 

Couldnt get Cardiff up and only succeeded at Wolves with a lot of cash - all a long time ago.

He lost it as a manager when he finished here.

Bruce was at Wembley two years again

There isn't much of a comparison

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Couldnt get Cardiff up and only succeeded at Wolves with a lot of cash - all a long time ago.

He lost it as a manager when he finished here.

Bruce was at Wembley two years again

There isn't much of a comparison

Let's see how he fairs with a full season under belt at Villa having spent some cash 

On 12/08/2017 at 18:05, Stoop said:

I'd drop Carlos off at the airport and pick Bruce up tonight if we could have him 

Why would you go for a manager who floats all over the shop? 

It's bad enough having Rhodes here ( because his dad's here) Don`t slag me off for that he's done this already at Ipswich and he had family at Middlesborough too!!

If we get Bruce does that mean Alex comes too?

If we get a new manger we need to aim higher than Steve Bruce 

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:
  • Now you are talking...... crazy as that seems that would be amazing # Unfinished Business (would he take Trevor Francis as an assistant?) lol

He has the right attitude for the job and will be attack minded he could well bring out the best in our players 

On 12/08/2017 at 17:40, Royal_D said:

Wonder if Villa Reading and Derby forums are in absolute meltdown like ours 

Just been on 'Villa Talk' - Cheered me up no end, here's just a few of the comments:

ALAN HUTTON - Rubbish utterly utterly rubbish. Workrate counts for nothing if you're a s**t footballer. 

JOHN TERRY - A joke, repeatedly exposed lack of pace.

SCOTT HOGAN - Very poor but not sure if we are set up wrong or just don't have the personnel, ability or attitude to bring the best out in him.

GLENN WHELAN - Total none presence, none entity of a midfielder to join our long list, waste of wages. 

CONNOR HOURIHANE - Good player, what have we done to him? Bruce seems incapable of playing him in a position that would bring the best out of him, utterly bizarre stuff from an atrocious manager.

STEVE BRUCE - A prehistoric dinosaur, one of the poorest manager's we've ever had.

There are lots of posters calling for Bruce to be sacked and John Terry to be installed as manager!! :duntmatter:

4 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Just been on 'Villa Talk' - Cheered me up no end, here's just a few of the comments:

ALAN HUTTON - Rubbish utterly utterly rubbish. Workrate counts for nothing if you're a s**t footballer. 

SCOTT HOGAN - Very poor but not sure if we are set up wrong or just don't have the personnel, ability or attitude to bring the best out in him.

GLENN WHELAN - Total none presence, none entity of a midfielder to join our long list, waste of wages. 

CONNOR HOURIHANE - Good player, what have we done to him? Bruce seems incapable of playing him in a position that would bring the best out of him, utterly bizarre stuff from an atrocious manager.

STEVE BRUCE - A prehistoric dinosaur, one of the poorest manager's we've ever had.

There are lots of posters calling for Bruce to be sacked and John Terry to be installed as manager!! :duntmatter:

Hourihane is a player that should have ended up at S6,  it really wouldn't surprise me if Carlos goes in for him if there's any kind of deal to be done towards end of window 

On 12/08/2017 at 18:46, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Big teams that have spent a bit of cash an got or had decent managers are seemingly in the same boat like already posted 3 games all competitions 1 win 1 loss 1 draw it isn't end of the world any why wouldn't Aston villa be chasing top spots they have the manager and squad to do so ? Who is going to walk this difficult league and win week in an week out ?? This league is so unpredictable and to say Bruce is the answer to all our prayers as some are suggesting is none other than ludicrous.

100%

On 12/08/2017 at 17:26, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

You guys are pathetic look at the results today and it's call for carlos's head get a grip and move onto Wednesday night!

Who gives a throw what other teams are doing. We have enough to worry about with our own team . 

59 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

You could change Hogan for Rhodes, Whelan for Jones and Hourihane for Abdi there and you wouldn't be far off an Owlstalk post.

Yep. It sure looks like good ole Brucie's the man.

Sounds like the Villa fans would be heartbroken to see the back of him.

Maybe if he did end up here it would be a perfect example of getting what you deserve.

PS this is a tiny percentage of posts on the Villa forum.

Not dissimilar to the Derby forum when Good ole Big Nige was there. 

Holte End Hero

Bruce was a short term appointment. He steadied the ship and should have been shown the door. The club is resembling a shambles again after just a few games. 

Wyness talks a good game, haven't a clue what Round has bought to the club. Xia just seems to have bought the club into the modern Twitter arena. 

Knee jerk maybe but the axe needs to fall. For me Bruce along with his inept coaches need to get the chop. 
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
nav-messages.gif 12 August 2017 20:05Post ID: #1707999 - in reply to #1707995
140868p.png?rnd=46
Villa Park Legend

Can't argue with any of that - he has to go, he just has to go and take his backroom cronies with him. Who wants to be in the position where the likes of Redknob and Warlock are above Villa - who?
nav-messages.gif 12 August 2017 20:10Post ID: #1708001 - in reply to #1707995

Team Of 82 Champion

Bruce. He almost lost me when we got that drubbing at Brentford last season and we haven't improved one iota since. Can't be arsed with his crap anymore it's not even mildly entertaining.
Like post
Like this post
nav-messages.gif 12 August 2017 20:14Post ID: #1708002 - in reply to #1707995
Villa Park Legend

Too early to apportion blame anywhere in my opinion. 

But if the shambles of today is not rectified its down to Bruce. 

He has been given the tools and a clean slate at the club. Up to him to either sort it or he will go.
Like post
Like this post
nav-messages.gif 12 August 2017 20:15Post ID: #1708003 - in reply to #1707995
140868p.png?rnd=46
Villa Park Legend

It isn't too early, it will soon be too late.
Like post
Like this post
nav-messages.gif 12 August 2017 20:17Post ID: #1708004 - in reply to #1708003
moderator.gif

Gabby one Bruce nil it's coming
Like post
Like this post
nav-messages.gif 12 August 2017 20:17Post ID: #1708005 - in reply to #1707995
Holte End Hero

Good question. Xia is not to blame, rather the reverse. Wyness seems to have done a good job is correcting the shambles he inherited. Not sure about Round because I'm not quite sure what his status really is. I'm prepared to believe he's improved things in the area of the academy, and maybe scouting. But coming down to scouting, did he positively approve the players we've bought, or was the message that if Bruce was going to given the chance to weave his "magic" then we had to go with the players he wanted (subject to financial restraints)? I suspect the latter. 

I don't know the intention was that Bruce was a short term appointment; rather, that he was to get us promoted. 

As to blame, for me it has to be with Bruce. He was backed, given a free hand. It was up to him deliver. I thought he got it right by playing the youth in the cup, and we deserved the win. Maybe the last match of last season against Brighton was OK even if we only drew. Otherwise, he hasn't delivered. He might yet, but he hasn't much time. 

I'd like to think that if Bruce is to go, we already have at least a shortlist lined up. But I'm not sure we can work that way. Doug would certainly have though.
Like post
Like this post
nav-messages.gif 12 August 2017 23:10Post ID: #1708087 - in reply to #1707995
First Team Regular

We stick with Bruce we go knowhere. 
He is a dinasour manager . 
Like post
Like this post
nav-messages.gif 12 August 2017 23:16Post ID: #1708089 - in reply to #1707995
First Team Regular

How many away beatings and no shows? 
He is a bobbar manager with 0 tactical nouse.
Like post
Like this post
nav-messages.gif 12 August 2017 23:23Post ID: #1708092 - in reply to #1707995
Villa Park Legend

Up to Bruce now. He has to change what he is doing as it is not working. 

Everytime i turn on the tv and watch football whether EFL or premier league i see teams moving the ball quickly and players playing with tempo and pace, running forward taking the game to the opposition and i think to myself how we just do not play like that.
Like post
Like this post
nav-messages.gif 12 August 2017 23:33Post ID: #1708093 - in reply to #1708092

Team Of 82 Champion

Melon Donkey - 12/8/2017 23:23 

Everytime i turn on the tv and watch football whether EFL or premier league i see teams moving the ball quickly and players playing with tempo and pace, running forward taking the game to the opposition and i think to myself how we just do not play like that.

Yeah I've thought this for a couple of seasons now. We just play like it's a testimonial. No movement, no urgency, no zipping around. It's so slow and pedestrian. 

When we have the ball, we have to do more, and do it quicker. And when we don't have the ball, we have to work harder (and faster). It's all just jogging around, no impetus, no bite anywhere.
Like post
Like this post
nav-messages.gif 12 August 2017 23:50Post ID: #1708096 - in reply to #1707995
Squad Member

Has anyone noticed how thefull backs always have to take throw ins, slows the game down and allows the opposition to get organised. 

Can't blame Xia or Wyness, they are looking after the business. 

Bruce is limitted in his approach to tactics, he is also, mistakenly IMHO, relying on players like Gabby, Hutton and even Bacuna up until last week. These players are blocking the development of our youth players and not delivering - I couldn't believe he took Onomah off today. Bruce must now be working under extreme stress, which means he is making more poor decisions. Where can he go from here? The players can't believe in him for much longer and they can't ALL turn to poo when they pull on the claret and blue of our once mighty and proud club. 

Unfortunately I can't see Bruce turning this around, he's begining to remind me of Sherwood, RDM and Garde just before they were axed. But before we get rid, we had better have a quality replacement - who is there? I can't think of anyone I would like at the club who would leave their current post or is available.

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=64758&start=1#ixzz4pfgQB3M0
Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=64758&start=1#ixzz4pfg4GWXy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, prowl said:

They will bottle it. It's in the DNA of the club.

Are we really in a position to mock bottlers after our last two seasons. We are the derby county mk2 , expensive overrated squad who bottled the play offs twice then settled back into mid table ( if we aren't lucky at this rate )

• Thanks 1