Steve Bruce OUT

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

Think he'll come good at Villa but working under the mad Dr. might have something to do with it.

Think Bruce would be a better bet than Carlos to get us promoted overall but whoever reduces the age of our squad will need a lot of cash.

I think that any manager would struggle under that chairman, not just Brucie.

48 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

A million miles are you serious ? 1 game away in his first season 2 away in his second

You know there is such things as has beens 

Bruce has had the fund and time to get villa in order and has failed and are worse off than us 

Villa = big club

Bruce = Good championship manager

Decent squad = Decent cash 

Currently in relegation zone after 3 matches ??? What's gone wrong there then shouldn't they I'm theory be like Newcastle ?

Managers work well at some clubs not all so saying Bruce will come in here and work wonders is ludicrous as some folk are suggesting

I wouldn't touch Bruce with yours, but to dismiss him as a one trick pony like some have is ridiculous his record at this level stands up to any bodies.

You are absolutely right that some managers and teams just click, other times it doesn't work out and the same can be said for player.

With regards to Carlos, he will never get us promoted while ever I have a hole in my arse.

Edited by Blue and white

Just now, Blue and white said:

I wouldn't touch Bruce with yours, but to dismiss him as a one trick pony like some have is ridiculous host record at this level stands up to any bodies.

You are absolutely right that some managers and teams just click, other times it doesn't work out and the same can be said for player.

With regards to Carlos, we will never get us promoted while ever I have a hole in my arse.

You or I cannot say if he will or won't get us promoted he's come close and with his likeable character he still gets my vote no real rush to go outing him and I'm not saying Bruce doesn't have a decent record in this league but o wouldn't be outing Carlos at this stage to get him in! 

Just now, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

You or I cannot say if he will or won't get us promoted he's come close and with his likeable character he still gets my vote no real rush to go outing him and I'm not saying Bruce doesn't have a decent record in this league but o wouldn't be outing Carlos at this stage to get him in! 

Going close is great, but sadly the end result is still failure. His tactics cost us the play offs last season and we've started exactly the same. Whilst he is likeable I genuinely believe if he stays in charge we won't make the top 6 this year and it will be another year wasted. I think if we fail to get a win in our next 2 games Mr Chansiri will pull the trigger. That's just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Going close is great, but sadly the end result is still failure. His tactics cost us the play offs last season and we've started exactly the same. Whilst he is likeable I genuinely believe if he stays in charge we won't make the top 6 this year and it will be another year wasted. I think if we fail to get a win in our next 2 games Mr Chansiri will pull the trigger. That's just my opinion.

Newcastle lost their first 2 I believe and went up in autos this league will be tighter up top this year than last I don't see any runaways 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Newcastle lost their first 2 I believe and went up in autos this league will be tighter up top this year than last I don't see any runaways 

True but I also believe this league will be tougher this year because there isn't a clear favorite such as Newcastle.

Also we sadly don't have the luxury of Newcastle money, players and champions league winning manager.

True but I also believe this league will be tougher this year because there isn't a clear favorite such as Newcastle.

Also we sadly don't have the luxury of Newcastle money, players and champions league winning manager.

I know we don't but it can aid our chances to go one better without the likes of Newcastle in the league 

5 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

I know we don't but it can aid our chances to go one better without the likes of Newcastle in the league 

I honestly bought in to Mr Chansiri aims this year of aiming for the top 2, we look at million miles of a side that can achieve that, whilst it's still a possibility I have resigned myself to a play off place at best.

We have a grossly unbalanced side that is there for all to see and has been since we lost to Hull in the final. 

I see teams such as Boro, Fulham,Derby, Villa, Wolves, Reading, Cardiff, Norwich and us battling it out at the end of the season. Like many other I honestly thought Sunderland would copy what Villa did last season, that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

So that's 9 teams battling for 6 places.

Unless Carlos pulls his finger out I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we miss out.

I honestly bought in to Mr Chansiri aims this year of aiming for the top 2, we look at million miles of a side that can achieve that, whilst it's still a possibility I have resigned myself to a play off place at best.

We have a grossly unbalanced side that is there for all to see and has been since we lost to Hull in the final. 

I see teams such as Boro, Fulham,Derby, Villa, Wolves, Reading, Cardiff, Norwich and us battling it out at the end of the season. Like many other I honestly thought Sunderland would copy what Villa did last season, that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Unless Carlos pulls his finger out I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we miss out.

Habe faith we will be fine we have the squad build up a good run get that confidence beaming in players roll on tonight with a stylish win 

1 minute ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Habe faith we will be fine we have the squad build up a good run get that confidence beaming in players roll on tonight with a stylish win 

Sadly my faith vanished after the play off debacle. 

I honestly think a new man will be in before long and in my opinion it's just what the club need.

Guest Kameron
On 12/08/2017 at 17:26, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

You guys are pathetic look at the results today and it's call for carlos's head get a grip and move onto Wednesday night!

So because the manager at Villa is under performing, you're saying that's justification to keep our own under performing inept manager?? We'll be in this league for many years to come with that attitude.

32 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

This post says it all, classic knee jerking. We have blown our chance and Sunderland, Cardiff and Wolves are in with a shout of promotion after 2/3 games.

A big chunk of what I hate about modern football and fans.

21 minutes ago, Kameron said:

So because the manager at Villa is under performing, you're saying that's justification to keep our own under performing inept manager?? We'll be in this league for many years to come with that attitude.

Merely saying these things happen as already stated Newcastle lost their first 2 games no reason to hit panic button like most are suggesting 

4 minutes ago, dobbo said:

This post says it all, classic knee jerking. We have blown our chance and Sunderland, Cardiff and Wolves are in with a shout of promotion after 2/3 games.

A big chunk of what I hate about modern football and fans.

Steady on lad, let me explain.

When Mr Chansiri outlined our plans I was impressed, I thought I could move from the bitter disappointment I felt after the shambolic showing in the play offs. How wrong was I, we started exactly where we left off that night and whilst I dared to hope I was not in the slightest bit surprised.

Whether you agree or not Wolves will be in the mix for a top 6 spot and Cardiff will be also pushing for it.

Yes I do believe we've blown the automatics, by the time we get our bums in gear or a new manager, which ever happens first, there will be clear day light between the top 2 and us.

Like I said play offs at best.

On 12/08/2017 at 18:13, Earlsfieldowl said:

We have a better squad than Villa - Bruce would get more out of it than Carlos

We have a totally flipping imbalanced squad thanks to Carlos which we now can't redress because of spaffing money on the likes of Reach and Rhodes. Tom Lawrence joined Derby yesterday for the same price as Reach joined us ffs. 

I'd  be arguing for restraint normally except for the fact that Carlos is serving up the most negative turgid bobbar style of football that is goal averse yet relies on a defence in which we have no depth of number.

Absolute calamitous mismanagement imho. And tonight we face a team who seem to have recruited well for the championship in terms of manager and players.

CC out. Anyone else in. Would have Bruce here in a heartbeat but he wouldn't come because he can't address  the self imposed weaknesses in the squad.

1 hour ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Merely saying these things happen as already stated Newcastle lost their first 2 games no reason to hit panic button like most are suggesting 

With respect, Newcastle purchased multiple good to top quality championship defenders and strikers in the window and still made a net profit. They were threatening to spend £12m onot forestieri as a bench warmer ffs!

They had no glaring number or quality shortages in the squad. 

Neither of those things is true for us.

To say nothing of the fact they had a proven top class manager too.