FF and JR

Guest Deleted member

Would be happy with that as long as a fair chunk of it was invested elsewhere. FF is a great player on his day but hes far to selfish and doesnt play as an orthodox striker which isolates the other striker. Hes only useful now as an impact sub if hes not willing to adapt and play left wing.

Rhodes was just an unnecessary buy, its nothing personal he seems like a great kid and would still love him to come good but peoples excitement over him seems to be based on his price tag and the goals scored years ago at the bottom end of champ and top end of league one rather than anything hes done in a wednesday shirt. Hes a poorer striker than hooper and fletcher and always has been. He also limits the progression of the seemingly hungrier winnall and even potentially hirst.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What happened yesterday with FF? What did CC say? I must have missed it. Thanks. 100% agree about Rhodes, to sell him would be a stupid decision.

Rumours of a 'fight' between him and Winnall in training.

CC said in his press conference this morning along the lines of 'these things happen' and if any player over steps the line they'll expect a punishment.  Didn't say it didn't happen.  It's still all conjecture.

Edited by wednesdaywizard

2 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Rumours of a 'fight' between him and Winnall in training.

CC said in his press conference this morning along the lines of 'these things happen' and if any player over steps the line they'll expect a punishment.  Didn't say it didn't happen.  It's still all conjecture.

Thanks for that, missed that yesterday, 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Skyline said:

With a young pacy winger on loan (If possible).

If only we had loaned a young, pacy winger last season we'd have been set fair. Wait a minute...

Edited by Almat

Bit controversial but if i had to choose to sell one i think it would be FF. If we could get around 10 million would be a decent deal. He is a real quality player on his day but at the same time seems to be one that can rub people up the wrong way if things arent going his way. Dont really want either to go to be honest though :-)

Edited by WalthamOwl

Not convinced by that Grandad tbh. 

I'd rather we changed tactics and started playing to our strikers strengths - JR could quite easily get into double figures, as could FF, if we used them right. 

Are we putting too much emphasis on a CB? But is that much of a priority that we need to sell two of our best players to do it? The defence has won plaudits over the last couple of seasons, they've broken records. I know we've given away from very sloppy goals, but again i think some of that is down to the way we setup at times, we're sometimes our own worst enemy. Don't get me wrong, i know we need cover given that Loovens and Hutchinson often suffer injuries. 

Unless I've misunderstood, FFP isn't going to hurt us this season...so perhaps we should take a gamble and look at selling one or two of our valued players at the end of the season should we fail to get promotion?

I'd sell neither but concentrate on selling:

Kean

McGugan

Nuhiu

Joao

Matias

Hirst - controversial but we could get £5m if QPR can get £4.5m on someone (Josh Bowler) who has not even played for England youth teams and only 10 minutes of first team action

Great plan, let's add to the strength of our rivals!!!!

Why not move on (if at all possible) some of the fringe players ie Big Dave, Joao, McGugan Matias ect and have a smaller yet better quality squad and utilise the loan market, which im pretty sure is what's going to happen when we sign Hanley.

Edited by full fathom five

Guest Deleted member

Id much rather we played a system that accommodated both, and to their strengths 

Just not convinced we will