FF and JR

Guest Deleted member

36 minutes ago, trask43 said:

Would be happy with that as long as a fair chunk of it was invested elsewhere. FF is a great player on his day but hes far to selfish and doesnt play as an orthodox striker which isolates the other striker. Hes only useful now as an impact sub if hes not willing to adapt and play left wing.

Rhodes was just an unnecessary buy, its nothing personal he seems like a great kid and would still love him to come good but peoples excitement over him seems to be based on his price tag and the goals scored years ago at the bottom end of champ and top end of league one rather than anything hes done in a wednesday shirt. Hes a poorer striker than hooper and fletcher and always has been. He also limits the progression of the seemingly hungrier winnall and even potentially hirst.

What point are you trying to make with the position of the teams in the league? Surely the fact that he scored plenty of goals in a poor team near the bottom of the league just goes to show how good he is

1 minute ago, Northstandowl1977 said:

What point are you trying to make with the position of the teams in the league? Surely the fact that he scored plenty of goals in a poor team near the bottom of the league just goes to show how good he is

Mainly that it was quite a few years ago and it was partly at an inferior level (league 1) also the championship has improved since he was a top striker at this level. Your point is a fair one though but its not uncommon for some players to succeed at certain clubs and not others. Generally there is less pressure at lower clubs which some players thrive on and others don't and he doesn't necessarily come across to me as the kind of guy who has that self confidence, even arrogance necessary to succeed at the very highest level. Its also more common for poorer teams to set up entirely around their better players, although people on here are calling for it bigger teams have plenty of good players and its often up to them to adapt to the team not the other way around.

Keep both but try to play to get best out of 2 top players at this level by crossing the ball and playing ff behind front 2.

We've done neither!

Ff also top scorer and good creator.

Sell winnall, nuhiu if poss and use loan system for cb/pacy winger, tho yet again we will have missed out on top young prem loan stars.

Ditch flat 442 as no proper wingers and keep with diamond/4312, nothing overly drastic needed lol

Guest Deleted member
43 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well I've been told that both will be off unless we sell at least 6 plaques. 

Youre starting to sound like Daveyboy

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, Dronowl66 said:

OP is happy now people are turning against the Chairman so hes changed tack to the team ........... dear oh dear 

What are you on about numpty

Guest Maxine

I keep changing my mind on FF and JR see how they do next few games but I'd love to see Winall get a chance. I can't understand why Nuhiu is still here though.

Just now, Maxine said:

I keep changing my mind on FF and JR see how they do next few games but I'd love to see Winall get a chance. I can't understand why Nuhiu is still here though.

Probably because a lot of our strikers are similar and hes the only genuine big lump we have in the last few minutes to throw the ball into the box too . Not saying hes any good but maybe what Carlos is thinking