10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I have been backing Carlos all summer and I want to see how we do in the next few games (I at least want to see it with my own two eyes before declaring enough is enough lol ) 

But...yesterday certainly gave me some food for thought. We just didn't turn up did we. Not only that but we were completely outplayed by a team who will probably finish in the top half at best. 

Dread to think what the score could have been had a) Preston a finisher or b) we had been away at one of the better team. 

Yeah I'm the same - want Carlos to do well, but it's worrying that we don't seem to learn. Imagine if Stevie May would've got on 

:manager:

Want to know who heads recruitment really - if Carlos does have a big say then I'm worried, I just can't see him not seeing the recruitment gaps we have.

1 hour ago, Internationowl said:

We lost a game of football. I think a lot of people on here would really benefit from taking a break from owlstalk. The amount of negativity (which like it or not does permeate through to the team) is ridiculous. Does it help anything to moan and complain and slag off anyone you can? Why are so many people bipolar when behind the cover of an online profile? Are the majority of people posting on here just complete losers who feel better when anonymously abusing people, and calling for someone to lose their job? I really don't understand the over reaction.

Yes, we underperformed. Yes, we lost a game of football. But bleedin 'ell it could be worse! 

I'd love to see a bit more positivity and SUPPORT on here.. and if you support the club, then when we start winning you might actually feel part of it.

Unless you don't want us to win. Which does often seem the case reading a lot of the crap on here.

Here's an idea. If you feel angry at the club for whatever reason, and are about to post some negativity about it, go and do something else for a bit! Negativity just breeds negativity, and it's also quite boring.

I'm annoyed about the result as much as anyone else. I love Carlos and have supported him all the way so far and even wanted him to be given the chance to lead us again this season. You can't fault those who are moaning about the performances though can you? 10 shots on target in the last 6 games, lack of heart, passion and commitment. These are things that we pride ourselves on. And as for the tactical understanding? When will we learn? When you make a mistake once that's fine but keep making the same mistake then you are a fool aren't you! Any manager of any company that doesn't learn from their mistakes has to go.

Also as someone that suffers with bipolar It really grates me when the word is used in this manner. Please don't do it.

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

To be honest they perform well more often than not as evidenced by finishing 6th ahead of expectation and 4th ahead of expectation the next season. 

Odd thing is, similar to mood now most of last season early half especially, many fans said we'd finish out of play offs. Some even thought we'd battle relegation - laughable looking back! Like I hope this week will be after we get going. 

This is true. And admittedly I was one of those who didn't think we'd make the play-offs last season. So I really hope I'm proven wrong again.

5 minutes ago, Matt Woodruff said:

I'm annoyed about the result as much as anyone else. I love Carlos and have supported him all the way so far and even wanted him to be given the chance to lead us again this season. You can't fault those who are moaning about the performances though can you? 10 shots on target in the last 6 games, lack of heart, passion and commitment. These are things that we pride ourselves on. And as for the tactical understanding? When will we learn? When you make a mistake once that's fine but keep making the same mistake then you are a fool aren't you! Any manager of any company that doesn't learn from their mistakes has to go.

Also as someone that suffers with bipolar It really grates me when the word is used in this manner. Please don't do it.

bipolar
bʌɪˈpəʊlə/
adjective
  1. 1.
    having or relating to two poles or extremities.
    "a sharply bipolar division of affluent and underclass"

characterized by opposite extremes, as two conflicting political philosophies.

it's not all about you.

11 minutes ago, Internationowl said:
bipolar
bʌɪˈpəʊlə/
adjective
  1. 1.
    having or relating to two poles or extremities.
    "a sharply bipolar division of affluent and underclass"

characterized by opposite extremes, as two conflicting political philosophies.

it's not all about you.

Never once said that it was all about me though did I. 

Youre wrong anyway there's not many people that have two opposite extremes of opinion on here. We've been bobbar for a whole season now, the football has been drab and boring and people have had enough of it. It's a calculated response to a series of events not a sudden switch of opinion. 

2 hours ago, Internationowl said:

We lost a game of football. I think a lot of people on here would really benefit from taking a break from owlstalk. The amount of negativity (which like it or not does permeate through to the team) is ridiculous. Does it help anything to moan and complain and slag off anyone you can? Why are so many people bipolar when behind the cover of an online profile? Are the majority of people posting on here just complete losers who feel better when anonymously abusing people, and calling for someone to lose their job? I really don't understand the over reaction.

Yes, we underperformed. Yes, we lost a game of football. But bleedin 'ell it could be worse! 

I'd love to see a bit more positivity and SUPPORT on here.. and if you support the club, then when we start winning you might actually feel part of it.

Unless you don't want us to win. Which does often seem the case reading a lot of the crap on here.

Here's an idea. If you feel angry at the club for whatever reason, and are about to post some negativity about it, go and do something else for a bit! Negativity just breeds negativity, and it's also quite boring.

so we should stick our heads in the sand when things are going wrong?

1 hour ago, 33 said:

Whilst I wouldn't disagree with this because I do agree, I think even the manner in which we lost isn't the biggest issue for me here.

I can accept we play poorly at times and even unacceptably so, but for me it wasn't just the manner in which we lost, the big thing is the manner in which we approached the game.

As the OP's first reply has correctly cited and raised concerns about key issues NOT being addressed.

After the promises of positivity it was clear that our ' Play to not lose and sneak a goal' is just as strong now as it was last season and which cost us in the play-offs.

I like CC and really hoped he would change things and adopt a more positive approach that he recognised was asked for. He promised just that but didn't even make a half-hearted attempt to deliver it.

One game I hear people say and they are right, he should not be judged on one game.

But look at the last few and we have been dire.

He had a real opportunity to change things yesterday but didn't.

All that talk of FF playing left and he starts up top? He clearly delivers more for the team and individually out left but no we persist with Reach who can't go past a man (or even try), who can't deliver a decent cross and for all his running around he contributes hardly anything defensively and is the neshest player I have seen for a long while.

Play players in their strongest positions

That last substitution?

Really?

Fed up of seeing arguably the best squad in the league in terms of attacking options play so negatively.

The real sadness for me yesterday was the realisation that the bloke I desperately want to succeed isn't for changing and ultimately WON'T

Spot on 33!  I only listened to the commentary but it was clear even from that, - that the set up was no different from last season, the application from the players was virtually non-existent and certainly there was no plan B.  The  final substitution beggared belief and changed the game not one iota.  Jones contributes nothing positive ever!  

It's not just "oh it's only the first game" because we saw the same tactics over and over last season and it was awful to watch.  So for me, Mr Chansiri needs to hold his hands up to the mistake of giving Carlos another year and sack him.  Who will replace him is a little more difficult but there must be managers available who would make this squad perform in a much more offensive (attacking) and entertaining manner.

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

To be honest they perform well more often than not as evidenced by finishing 6th ahead of expectation and 4th ahead of expectation the next season. 

That's just not true though, but many keep telling themselves it is, using our final position as proof.

Last season we often just about scraped by against mediocre opposition and on the whole performed poorly. It wasn't even a secret, the argument at the time was that the drab football apparently "worked", and was more effective than our style in the previous year (evidenced by us finishing two places higher).

Ultimately Carlos lost it for me when the drab tactics were continued into the 2nd leg of the playoffs. That was a scenario where we absolutely needed to turn it up, but demonstrated how we were out of ideas.

10 minutes ago, bobness said:

That's just not true though, but many keep telling themselves it is, using our final position as proof.

Last season we often just about scraped by against mediocre opposition and on the whole performed poorly. It wasn't even a secret, the argument at the time was that the drab football apparently "worked", and was more effective than our style in the previous year (evidenced by us finishing two places higher).

Ultimately Carlos lost it for me when the drab tactics were continued into the 2nd leg of the playoffs. That was a scenario where we absolutely needed to turn it up, but demonstrated how we were out of ideas.

Spot on. Anyone who saw the performances against the likes of Wigan and Rotherham will know there's some rotten at the core that resurfaced in the playoffs, against Rangers last week and again yesterday.  There is no way we will be a top two side, or win a playoff campaign whilst there is this problem 

Yes we played better in Carlos first season, but let's not forget the second leg at Brighton and final against hull was pretty terrible football. 

30 minutes ago, bobness said:

If you do it once it's an anomaly, twice maybe a coincidence, over a course of a season it's no fluke. For you to say we played poor and scraped by for an entire season is to be honest delusional.

Don't like the style, that's fine. Me either. Saying it's an accident, fluke, we're lucky... well I'm afraid that's the part that's not true. Like it or not this style of football is more and more popular with managers such as LVG, Mourinho being the more successful obvious examples. 

It's not pretty but it's effective. 

3 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Look mate, we get what you're saying. There are dozens of threads with that opening post every time we lose. 

But a lot of us have been looking at it that way for over a year now, and there's a time to say enough is enough and to start expecting better. To start demanding better.

None of our shortcomings have been addressed since May, and its unacceptable. 

Tens of thousands of our fans pay obscene prices to watch that tripe, they're entitled to a moan when it's as bad as that. 

It's ONE game, we are literally ONE game into the season and people are having a breakdown like we're about to go into administration. 

I have a feeling there's a lot of fans on here that feel because DC has invested a lot into the club we're entitled to win every game and achieve instant promotion. I've seen similar attitudes like this by Derby fans for years. Just because you have a period of 2/3 years where the club gets better and better, signing excellent players and fighting for promotion every year. However narrowly missing out on promotion year after year you see the negativity creeping in, fans criticising the manager, the players etc etc. Fans just need to accept the fact we've just had the best two years of football in the last 15 years and we will eventually reach the PL, might be with CC it might not and just enjoy the good period of success we're seeing.

I try and stay off this forum after we lose because it just turns into a school playground, majority of posters are just whinging about irrelevant matters and pointing the finger. Think about the big picture, the club is in a fantastic position, we've had one bad game, 45 left, be positive and support the club and respect DC's decisions.

Edited by Lionel Fessi

3 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

It's ONE game, we are literally ONE game into the season and people are having a breakdown like we're about to go into administration. 

I have a feeling there's a lot of fans on here that feel because DC has invested a lot into the club we're entitled to win every game and achieve instant promotion. I've seen similar attitudes like this by Derby fans for years. Just because you have a period of 2/3 years where the club gets better and better, signing excellent players and fighting for promotion every year. However narrowly missing out on promotion year after year you see the negativity creeping in, fans criticising the manager, the players etc etc. Fans just need to accept the fact we've just had the best two years of football in the last 15 years and we will eventually reach the PL, might be with CC it might not and just enjoy the good period of football we're seeing.

I try and stay off this forum after we lose because it just turns into a school playground, majority of posters are just whinging about irrelevant matters and pointing the finger. Think about the big picture, the club is in a fantastic position, we've had one bad game, 45 left, be positive and support the club and respect DC's decisions.

Can you think of any bad games we had last season? If so, maybe yesterday wasn't a one off. 

I was there yesterday .I've watched them for 60 years .It was awful , absolutely awful .I dont expect too much , I follow Wednesday -.Just a bit of effort and enthusiasm. I saw none of it .We do deserve better , 'cos on the whole we're very patient, but the starting line-up and formation had me thinking the worst from the first minute . Although I like Carlos in terms of his honesty , I said from early on that I dont think his ' nice ' approach to Championship football is going to get us out of this division . The treatment of F F yesterday evidenced that . Pulled from pillar to post without any support from the Ref [ or his teammates ] is the way it is played . Awful term , but we need to man up and get stuck in , and Carlos needs to realise that this isn't the nicely ,nicely continental football he would like .Said it before , but if we continue like this , mid-table at best .

And to be fair , the crowd encouraged them as much as possible yesterday , it was only at the final whistle that the boos sounded .

50 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

If you do it once it's an anomaly, twice maybe a coincidence, over a course of a season it's no fluke. For you to say we played poor and scraped by for an entire season is to be honest delusional.

I'm not saying we were lucky not to get relegated, I'm saying luck played a pivotal role in seeing us finish 4th (the so called "year on year progression"). Let's not forget there was a point at the tail end of last season where many felt we weren't even going to make the playoffs.

It's not pretty but it's effective.

Are we really convinced that our playing style in the first season wouldn't have worked in the second? For the sake of argument can't it be said that we've actually gone backwards over the last two seasons? Having made the final in the former, but only the semis in the latter.

We were hoping Carlos would admit it didn't work and would therefore implement a change. So far this hasn't happened.

Edited by bobness

46 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

I have a feeling there's a lot of fans on here that feel because DC has invested a lot into the club we're entitled to win every game and achieve instant promotion. I've seen similar attitudes like this by Derby fans for years. Just because you have a period of 2/3 years where the club gets better and better, signing excellent players and fighting for promotion every year. However narrowly missing out on promotion year after year you see the negativity creeping in, fans criticising the manager, the players etc etc. Fans just need to accept the fact we've just had the best two years of football in the last 15 years and we will eventually reach the PL, might be with CC it might not and just enjoy the good period of success we're seeing.

So you clearly aren't concerned that the 10 shots on target in our last 6 games represent any kind of worrying trend or evidence that we are grossly misusing our abundance of attacking talents? And as reliant as we are on our defensive strength we have only 6 full-time players across the back for 4 starting positions. Just two injuries and we'll have to be stealing reserves from midfield to fill in. For a club that has spent something like £25-30m in the last couple of years, knew three months ago that two central defenders would be leaving and is supposedly making a serious run at automatic promotion, it's a pretty shambolic state of affairs. 

50 minutes ago, bobness said:

I'm not saying we were lucky not to get relegated, I'm saying luck played a pivotal role in seeing us finish 4th (the so called "year on year progression"). Let's not forget there was a point at the tail end of last season where many felt we weren't even going to make the playoffs.

Are we really convinced that our playing style in the first season wouldn't have worked in the second? For the sake of argument can't it be said that we've actually gone backwards over the last two seasons? Having made the final in the former, but only the semis in the latter.

We were hoping Carlos would admit it didn't work and would therefore implement a change. So far this hasn't happened.

Which part at the end of the season did people/you think we wouldn't make the play offs? We averaged 2pts per game for over 20 games topping the form league. 

If they / you doubted it, and still doubt we'll do well I'll refer back to my original point about being delusional. 

I mean very very rarely do you finish over a course of a season in a position you didn't deserve. One off or cup games fair enough. League tables however, no. 

I still hope we play more attacking. But in a way that wins more points more consistently. I'll trust the coaches to know how to do that and stick to my day job though. 

This has all come from last season. We all thought Carlos was going at the end of the season back to Portugal so swallowed the direction performances in respect to Carlos. However, when he then announced that he was staying so rightfully so the fans expected he would learn and improve the tactics and performances over the summer. After this game it is quite clear he has not learnt and that is why everyone in here is so angry at the moment.