We lost a game of football. I think a lot of people on here would really benefit from taking a break from owlstalk. The amount of negativity (which like it or not does permeate through to the team) is ridiculous. Does it help anything to moan and complain and slag off anyone you can? Why are so many people bipolar when behind the cover of an online profile? Are the majority of people posting on here just complete losers who feel better when anonymously abusing people, and calling for someone to lose their job? I really don't understand the over reaction.

Yes, we underperformed. Yes, we lost a game of football. But bleedin 'ell it could be worse! 

I'd love to see a bit more positivity and SUPPORT on here.. and if you support the club, then when we start winning you might actually feel part of it.

Unless you don't want us to win. Which does often seem the case reading a lot of the crap on here.

Here's an idea. If you feel angry at the club for whatever reason, and are about to post some negativity about it, go and do something else for a bit! Negativity just breeds negativity, and it's also quite boring.

1 minute ago, Internationowl said:

We lost a game of football. I think a lot of people on here would really benefit from taking a break from owlstalk. The amount of negativity (which like it or not does permeate through to the team) is ridiculous. Does it help anything to moan and complain and slag off anyone you can? Why are so many people bipolar when behind the cover of an online profile? Are the majority of people posting on here just complete losers who feel better when anonymously abusing people, and calling for someone to lose their job? I really don't understand the over reaction.

Yes, we underperformed. Yes, we lost a game of football. But bleedin 'ell it could be worse! 

I'd love to see a bit more positivity and SUPPORT on here.. and if you support the club, then when we start winning you might actually feel part of it.

Unless you don't want us to win. Which does often seem the case reading a lot of the crap on here.

Here's an idea. If you feel angry at the club for whatever reason, and are about to post some negativity about it, go and do something else for a bit! Negativity just breeds negativity, and it's also quite boring.

Look mate, we get what you're saying. There are dozens of threads with that opening post every time we lose. 

But a lot of us have been looking at it that way for over a year now, and there's a time to say enough is enough and to start expecting better. To start demanding better.

None of our shortcomings have been addressed since May, and its unacceptable. 

Tens of thousands of our fans pay obscene prices to watch that tripe, they're entitled to a moan when it's as bad as that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Internationowl said:

I don't see how anyone could watch that crock of crap yesterday and not be negative.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Look mate, we get what you're saying. There are dozens of threads with that opening post every time we lose. 

But a lot of us have been looking at it that way for over a year now, and there's a time to say enough is enough and to start expecting better. To start demanding better.

None of our shortcomings have been addressed since May, and its unacceptable. 

Tens of thousands of our fans pay obscene prices to watch that tripe, they're entitled to a moan when it's as bad as that. 

Good reply, and obviously i see what you're saying, but the instant doom and gloom after any defeat really gets my goat. Is sacking carlos at this stage a good idea? Surely not. There's very little support when the team needs it, but performances are expected when the fans 'need' it.

To be honest, I would have thought after the last 20 years or so we'd have learnt how to deal with an abject performance and a loss. 

Life goes on, the clubs still in best position it's been in years, the players are best group assembled outside of our prem days. 

I hate it when the old "Unless you don't want us to win" crap is rolled out. The reason people are moaning on here is that they are desperate to have a winning side. We have had major investment and we have p1ssed it up the wall building a squad the inept manager can't form into a team. The Preston game brought it home that we won't compete unless the manager is replaced with someone who has clue.

I hoped he would attack this season but I will moan and complain until he changes or goes. This is my right a a paying customer to expect value for money.

Just now, Internationowl said:

Good reply, and obviously i see what you're saying, but the instant doom and gloom after any defeat really gets my goat. Is sacking carlos at this stage a good idea? Surely not. There's very little support when the team needs it, but performances are expected when the fans 'need' it.

Of course not, the sensible thing to do would have been to not give him another year in the first place. Now we're probably stuck for maybe ten games, and then hopefully it'll be addressed if things haven't improved. 

Guest mrbluesky

It could have been worse you are right! We could have gone 90mins without a shot on target!!!

We could have been devoid of any ideas on what to do/how to play!

It could have been the first time we've ever played like this!

Its a pity we have one of the worst strike forces in this league!

Its a good job we haven't played like this for over 49 games!

Its a good job we didn't get in the play offs and get humiliated by a team with the budget of Toytown!

Its a a good job we don't have a manager that gets us to the play offs and fails miserable!

Its a good bloody job we have a manager that knows how to change tactics!

Its a good job we have a manager that uses subs wisely! 

Long live Carlos!!!

1 minute ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Which is why it's so darned frustrating to see them continually under-performing........  

To be honest they perform well more often than not as evidenced by finishing 6th ahead of expectation and 4th ahead of expectation the next season. 

Odd thing is, similar to mood now most of last season early half especially, many fans said we'd finish out of play offs. Some even thought we'd battle relegation - laughable looking back! Like I hope this week will be after we get going. 

I live in hope. Getting as worked up as some are isn't healthy, not when we don't really have any control over it. 

2 minutes ago, uyfftvhg said:

You say negativity breeds negativity. 

So when we have to watch negative shiiite like we did yesterday, it's gonna pass on to the fans who are paying good money to go and watch it. 

How would you feel if you were a player?

If you're underperforming and you can hear the moans and boos, and you read and hear about the fans negativity.

Or imagine you're underperforming and the fans get louder in support and start chanting your name and giving positive encouragement.

Not likely to happen unfortunately, but i know who I'd want to represent.

I think it just makes me realise that our support is really nothing special.

The importance of this one game should not be underestimated.

It demonstrated that the shortcomings in our tactical approach have neither been addressed nor acknowledged by Carlos.

His arrogance that the supporters would just accept more of the same turgid bilge, is actually quite astounding.

Not sure what people expect. We have been defensive and inconsistent away from home for two seasons under Carlos now. He hasn't got the ability to address the defend first at all costs approach. The away form

is the one consistent thing over two seasons.

where Carlos will live and die is home for again. If we are superb at home again then this will

keep him in a job as I'm sure chansiri will be happy to roll the dice at top 6 finish.

it is clear now Chansiri backs Carlos unless we are too far off the top 6 by Xmas.  It is literally all about results for mr chairman.

7 minutes ago, Internationowl said:

If you're underperforming and you can hear the moans and boos, and you read and hear about the fans negativity.

Or imagine you're underperforming and the fans get louder in support and start chanting your name and giving positive encouragement.

It's chicken and egg. If the players give the fans something to cheer about they will. It doesn't take much, a bit od effort, one bit of skill. The fans can only cheer bad play for so long before it sounds hollow and forced.

The players are professionals who get paid a lot of money to perform, they should be able to assess whether they are playing well or not. To be cheered when you know you are having a mare would be an embarrassment to any player with any self respect.

4 minutes ago, Internationowl said:

Really don't think its the players who are being blamed by the fans but Carlos, who fails to allow them to play their natural game, he doesn't let me express themselves and play with freedom.

I suspect those playing as well as those on the bench are not enjoying playing in such a negative way.

I'm pretty sure they are as unhappy as we the fans.

You are wrong we do have special fans who have stayed with the club through some very poor times but are now seeing a great opportunity to be promoted being wasted by an inept coach so of course they will vent there anger and frustration.

What do you want them to do, clap and say everything is hunky dory?