The new Sheffield Wednesday home shirt

Horrible

1965-1972 was a very unsuccesful period in our history.

Even in the run to the 1966 Cup Final, we played all 6 games in white. I was at 5 of them. Missed Newcastle away.

One of the best days of my footy supporting life was August 1972 when Peter Swan led us out to play Fulham in our traditional kit. Sunny day. 25,000 crowd. 3-0 win.

The gold and black away kit looks OK though.

Think I prefer supporting Wolves to Ipswich.  

44 minutes ago, Spookone said:

It's a yes from me - nice home kit, I'm sure lots of fans will find something to moan about though.

I even like the ELEV8 branding at least its a well designed logo compared with the branding on the training kits which I thought we were getting.

Once we get promotion in it - you will all grow to love it (mostly).

It's not finding summat to moan about. It's not being happy that we're wearing Ipswich and Hull shirts cos one man doesn't like our traditional kit. 

13 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I love the design of the home, though the quality looks a bit cheap. I'll reserve judgement on the quality until I see it properly though .

the away shirt is rank 

Judging by this comment you're going to need a fuckingmiracleworker

JoseFeliciano_06.jpg

4 hours ago, Onge said:

Oh please. Our history is predominantly STRIPES!

Changing stuff and then going "we had it once before" isn't the way to be "traditional".

Spot on 

130 years plus is tradition not 5 mins 

Another ok looking shirt that isnt a Wednesday shirt absolute rubbish and the unlucky stripes appear ok for away games

3 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Horrible

1965-1972 was a very unsuccesful period in our history.

Even in the run to the 1966 Cup Final, we played all 6 games in white. I was at 5 of them. Missed Newcastle away.

One of the best days of my footy supporting life was August 1972 when Peter Swan led us out to play Fulham in our traditional kit. Sunny day. 25,000 crowd. 3-0 win.

The gold and black away kit looks OK though.

Think I prefer supporting Wolves to Ipswich.  

1972 till around 1977? was much worse in stripes, till Jack came. The vast majority of the 65 to 72 period was in the old first division and with an iconic cup run and  cup final thrown in. Admittedly one relegation against Man City with 45000 in the ground. It was a fekking golden age compared to the last 25 stripey years bud.

I do like stripes though.

29 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

1972 till around 1977? was much worse in stripes, till Jack came. The vast majority of the 65 to 72 period was in the old first division and with an iconic cup run and  cup final thrown in. Admittedly one relegation against Man City with 45000 in the ground. It was a fekking golden age compared to the last 25 stripey years bud.

You'll get nowhere on here by using facts

2 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Spot on 

130 years plus is tradition not 5 mins 

Another ok looking shirt that isnt a Wednesday shirt absolute rubbish and the unlucky stripes appear ok for away games

At least its blue and white ...really happy the shorts are white too!...Did people moan when we bought that stripeless one out in the mid 90s ? Not sure that did really .

If i was going to the steering group of be asking what the situation is with the stripes however I think we have more important things to be getting on.

38 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

That iconic 66 Cup run kit was a beauty and classy. I might get that shirt and our new fan designed 3rd shirt, if they stay true to the fan's design. The original 60s shirt and the recreation of it on Toffs, look much nicer in my opinion than the new 150th anniversary home shirt. Although it was before my time, I'm thankful to the legendary and iconic Big Jack for rescuing us out of those dark times, and setting us on the way to some great times. What a man and character he is and what a brilliant manager he was.