loan quality from the top flight

It's a good cheap way to get some quality in, however our record over the last few years with bringing loans in then benching them for 80%of the games won't help us.

If I was a premier league manager I wouldn't loan my talented youngsters to Wednesday due to the lack of game time.

From pre- DC days, we do not have a great reputation with young on -loan players.

Indeed, I heard a radio interview suggesting we were on Chelsea's banned list.

And amazing to see  those loan players we had who did nothing we us and are now doing really well.

Let's hope our new regime gets a new chance, or big help from City after just poaching one of our top coaches.

Edited by fred mciver

I don't think any premier team would want to loan us players ,they want there young players to play regularly, they wont get that here. but that's the way I would go if I was manager a couple of premier league younger players ,now we know cash has gone for 3 years with ffp

Trouble with this plan is that a number of loan deals are structured around the player getting guaranteed game time providing they are fit and ready to play.

This is ok when a player hits the ground running and fits in with the team, but not so much when they don't because it dictates your team selection / subs to a certain extent 

Agree totally and I think it's the way we should have been proceeding instead of wasting millions on players just to try getting us up that would very probably be surplus to requirements once promotion is achieved, spending big on reach, Rhodes etc that in all honesty we may say never got a Premier chance, but there's a reason behind the thinking of their former managers. Pointless spending big on a Bartley or Hanley if once you go up they're not really Premiership class. 

The trouble with loaning players that are quality, is that they need to play. They also have to be better than what you have to play. 

Due to the size and quality of our squad, the above is very very hard to achieve. Many of our players are deemed or have been deemed premier quality, so to replace requires superior and if they are then surely they'd get a loan move to a prem team. 

Not impossible, but not as easy as some seem to think. The better loan players of recent years have either stayed local (helping teams down south) or been gambles. Proven quality of the level we want isn't being loaned to clubs in our position.

20 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

The trouble with loaning players that are quality, is that they need to play. They also have to be better than what you have to play. 

Due to the size and quality of our squad, the above is very very hard to achieve. Many of our players are deemed or have been deemed premier quality, so to replace requires superior and if they are then surely they'd get a loan move to a prem team. 

Not impossible, but not as easy as some seem to think. The better loan players of recent years have either stayed local (helping teams down south) or been gambles. Proven quality of the level we want isn't being loaned to clubs in our position.

Lots of loan players in tbe championship this season from premier league clubs.