1 hour ago, The Claw said:

start of the 150th anniversary, tickets going slow at the mo :wacko: 

no advertising of the match on the boards outside Hillsboro. Bit amateurish.

Personally im not going as it feels like a waste of money and a non-event, think they will be lucky to get 10k home fans

9 hours ago, steveger said:

Meeting with both clubs tomorrow and South Yorkshire Police apparently to decide on giving more tickets to Rangers, did you got to Ibrox for the Marseille game yesterday ? I watched it on the computer, Rangers looked a lot better in the 1st 45 mins, great improvement, just a lack of finishers at the club, hopefully get the lad from Hearts and Naismith back...

Niko Kranjcar still has it in him and Bruno Alves looks a beast :biggrin:

Didn't realise Arry was the manager up there :duntmatter:

I'm a Rangers fan who actually signed up to OwlsTalk after the last friendly, however this is my first post. I'm looking forward to visiting your fine city again, home of one very proud football club (The Owls!) and two of my favourite bands (Pulp & Milburn). Each time I've been to Sheffield, I've found the people to be extremely welcoming and I'm sure this will be the same on Sunday. I know there are some posters on here who don't particularly care for my club, whether that's because they have leanings for Celtic, or because they feel Wednesday could have attracted a better standard of opposition, and that's fine, I respect your view and I'm not here to change it. For those of you who are looking forward to welcoming us on Sunday, I look forward to having a pint with you! :biggrin:

The vast majority of our fan base will welcome you with open arms. We have a fairly solid fan base of around 25k fans.and it is virtually impossible to please all of them. You only have to read various other topics and threads on OT to appreciate what a cross section of fans we have. There is also a section who just enjoy stirring it up. Enjoy the day on Sunday as will most owls fans.

22 minutes ago, Rangers_1986 said:

I'm a Rangers fan who actually signed up to OwlsTalk after the last friendly, however this is my first post. I'm looking forward to visiting your fine city again, home of one very proud football club (The Owls!) and two of my favourite bands (Pulp & Milburn). Each time I've been to Sheffield, I've found the people to be extremely welcoming and I'm sure this will be the same on Sunday. I know there are some posters on here who don't particularly care for my club, whether that's because they have leanings for Celtic, or because they feel Wednesday could have attracted a better standard of opposition, and that's fine, I respect your view and I'm not here to change it. For those of you who are looking forward to welcoming us on Sunday, I look forward to having a pint with you! :biggrin:

Went to both the friendly at Hillsborough and Durrants testimonial at Ibrox, drank in the Rangers supporters club up there and went to the Jubilee club and drunk with 1000s of Rangers fans for the Hillsborough match, both times I found the Rangers support a happy, friendly bunch. You were already my preferred Scottish club but this and the exceptional display of colour, noise and passion your fans produced last time at Hillsborough has cemented that. I for one can't wait for Sunday to again have a drink with you lot and then see the atmosphere that 10k plus of you will produce, if others choose not to go it is there loss. WAWAW WATP

30 minutes ago, Rangers_1986 said:

I'm one of those who have leanings for Celtic for family reasons but after the last time you came down here and the tremendous support you brought with you I have a huge respect for you guys, especially after what you've been through. You're very welcome in Sheffield and at Hillsborough and I look forward to another great atmosphere.  Have a safe journey and we'll see if we can out sing you this time. There's a few on here who might even have a go at out drinking you!  

They ain't 10000 rangers supporters coming sypolice and sag have done there usual and put a stop to it only 6000 been allowed in North now. Loads of rangers supporters got tickets in South stand and coming without tickets. I guess the clowns will section leppings lane off , net 20 rows of seats off and put 500 cops all around them in North stand , last time they came it was a fantastic atmosphere but these clowns are doing there best to ruin things again.

4 minutes ago, steveger said:

South Yorkshire Police and SAG need dealing with, calling out by the club, they are beyond a joke, not just for this, but for last season and the joke we will get for the Sheffield derby... they cant do the jobs they are paid to do so they try to stifle the event.... pathetic

I'm afraid all SYP will do is blame the cuts and lack of resources, as for SAG there just a faceless committee of clowns by the looks of things. 

1 hour ago, Rangers_1986 said:

More Rangers fans like this guy would do nicely.

Have a great time at the match.

1 hour ago, Rangers_1986 said:

Get yourself to the leadmill  after!

23 minutes ago, steveger said:

The sooner the club knocks down the away end and replaces it and modernizes what needs doing in our other stands the better... either that or a new ground....aint arsed either way, hell i might even start going again...

Missed the " moment" years ago could have had all the land that stretches from our ground across Penistone Road  all the way down to where Sunblest Bakery was and build  Larger modern Stadium fit for purpose but still maintaining Heritage not that it means much these days to most fans (Preston are the only team who still play on the exact spot that they were formed) let's face facts we are on a tight site and its not going to change. History has dealt the club with attendance issues for an eternity whilst the stadium maintains its footprint . It's a no brainer. We put up with it or relocate let's just say we try to make it a St James Park alteration.. do you really think we would get planning permission with our relationship with the council? 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I am going just so my lad can experience a proper atmosphere.

At £15 I can't understand why more are not interested.

It should have been £10 tops!

1 hour ago, OWL1969 said:

Went to both the friendly at Hillsborough and Durrants testimonial at Ibrox, drank in the Rangers supporters club up there and went to the Jubilee club and drunk with 1000s of Rangers fans for the Hillsborough match, both times I found the Rangers support a happy, friendly bunch. You were already my preferred Scottish club but this and the exceptional display of colour, noise and passion your fans produced last time at Hillsborough has cemented that. I for one can't wait for Sunday to again have a drink with you lot and then see the atmosphere that 10k plus of you will produce, if others choose not to go it is there loss. WAWAW WATP

Thanks for the kind words, looking forward to the drinks on Sunday! 

58 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I'm one of those who have leanings for Celtic for family reasons but after the last time you came down here and the tremendous support you brought with you I have a huge respect for you guys, especially after what you've been through. You're very welcome in Sheffield and at Hillsborough and I look forward to another great atmosphere.  Have a safe journey and we'll see if we can out sing you this time. There's a few on here who might even have a go at out drinking you!  

Nice of you to say that, what with your Celtic connections and everything. I think my supporters bus are booked into a club for 11am (we're leaving Scotland at 5am lol), but I fancy going along to the stadium and having a look around. Is there a museum I could visit? Or a memorial to the Hillsborough disaster victims? I think it's healthy to educate yourself with another club's history and culture whilst visiting, so I'd quite like to do something like that, if you (or anyone else) have any recommendations. 

16 minutes ago, Owl.1867 said:

More Rangers fans like this guy would do nicely.

Have a great time at the match.

Thank you sir, I'm looking forward to it, not so much work the next day!! :wacko:

11 minutes ago, S35 said:

Get yourself to the leadmill  after!

I would if I was staying in Sheffield, unfortunately I don't have work off the next day! :sad: Fairly certain I was in Leadmill after Pulp's homecoming gig a few years back, it's a lively place. :laugh:

Just now, steveger said:

Museum ? ha ha, we (swfc) don't even have a trophy cabinet if my memory serves me right....:biggrin:

Woops my bad!! :biggrin: Ah well, if there's something football related that I "have" to see, whilst at Hillsborough, be sure to let me know :)  

We certainly used to have a rather large trophy cabinet in the boardroom that actually had loads of trophies in it! Not sure what happened to it , believe it got moved after the floods in 2007.

1 minute ago, steveger said:

Museum ? ha ha, we (swfc) don't even have a trophy cabinet if my memory serves me right....:biggrin:

If that Rangers Fan wants to.soak in our "history" on Sunday I will bring with me my treasured video of Wednesday's 100 Greatest Throw ins to the Park Hotel .....If anyone has a.Beta Max Player can you bring it down mines  " shot the crow"

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I am going just so my lad can experience a proper atmosphere.

At £15 I can't understand why more are not interested.

Cause hearing a bunch of bigots belt out their knuckle dragging songs isn't attractive?

Because The Rangers aren't very good?

6 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Cause hearing a bunch of bigots belt out their knuckle dragging songs isn't attractive?

Because The Rangers aren't very good?

Thank you for calling us our official name "The Rangers Football Club". I know a lot of fans of other Scottish clubs, mistakenly, think that they are being clever and derogatory about our club when they call us "The Rangers", as they seem to think we were renamed this. However, as you can see from the attached, we have always been called The Rangers. Your point about a "bunch of bigots" isn't really valid either, every club in the land has a minority of idiots that spoil things at times, Rangers have them and I'm sure Wednesday are no different. The vast majority of us want to come down, be respectful of our hosts and enjoy the experience. 

04372.jpg

29 minutes ago, steveger said:

No need for a trophy cabinet as the last time we won owt major apart from the league Cup (1991) was in 1935 sadly

But........but.........but I distinctly remember watching us win the Shipp Cup in 1976!

Well my flabber has been well and truly gasted! WTF:WTF: