12 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

It's a shame because there is nowt really wrong with S6, I've seen derbies played in some of the most antiquated stadiums in the world and they fill them and it's a bloody good atmosphere as well!

If we were policed by a competent force, most seats would be filled with a minimum of segregation fuss.  Heard the pigs have the same issues on their away end, it all boils down to complete fv.ckwittery on the part of our not fit for purpose police force.

April 1989 has fv.ck all to do with the bizarre decisions being made.

Have a another read at your post Finlux..

10 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Have you ever heard of the saying "covering your ar53" Finlux?

As you get on in years you will find everything and everyone will appear as an obstacle. And also believe it or not a lot of people are making tons of money out of creating said obstacles ...

Now have another read at this. .

9 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Im probably older than you fella, but if you get off with su,ckin the co.cks of a few thousand jocks, you fv.ckin go for it!

Hope you have read them..Now where on the previous posts do you or I mention anything about 50 year old men master bating over opposition fans? 

My reply to you was regarding the authorities stance against attendance at our stadium.. Since April 89 the FA & Government have done what most Authoritarian Bodies do they use accidents or disasters to implore regulation changes to ensure it never happens again mostly at huge cost and disruption to us " the punter".. all this comes at a price .

It also generates income and makes a lot of businessmen / organisations very wealthy.Covering your Ar53 doesn't just mean preventing disasters and crowd trouble it also refers to all Play offs and Semi final cup games at Wembley "KERCHING" It's all about the big money wheel and it keeps rolling and rolling,for every memorial and minutes silence there's a big fat cigar sat in front of the TV  puffing away coming up with the next money spinner 

By the way I'm in the South on Sunday and if I get one drop of 50 year old sperm on my nice Adidas track top whoa betide the provider 

And no you aren't older than me you aren't 50 yet (I have read your posts)

Sadly I'm nearer to approaching the  next milestone and I've no brakes to stop it.

Yours Faithfully "A wise old Ghost"

49 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Still none the wiser, are you OK?

Let's give you a few more hours to get the sleep out of your eyes then have a read again you were obviously tired when you were on your rant last night so much so you were insulting people without actually reading the posts you certainly weren't reading my posts and just to clear one thing up I wouldn't really care which teams play us on Sunday I'm a Wednesday fan always have been always will catch you later pal watching the game 

14 minutes ago, steveger said:

Rangers beat Watford today 2.1 so looking much better as well as the 1,1 draw with Marseille on Saturday, should hopefully make Sunday a bit more "interesting"

Should be interesting and give an idea of shape and starting 11 against Preston

1 hour ago, steveger said:

Why would we (Wednesday) need any more than 2 sides (stands) ?... it's a friendly and our sales so far have been slow, that suggests we dont need any more than 2 stands for this game...

So cram everyone in two stands ? 

Even if all of ground is open and the crowds low what's the harm ?

Let's cram everyone is the South and announce no leaving via leppings lane again to rub it in eh ?

15 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

So cram everyone in two stands ? 

Even if all of ground is open and the crowds low what's the harm ?

Let's cram everyone is the South and announce no leaving via leppings lane again to rub it in eh ?

It's called trying to generate an atmosphere always difficult for friendlies. Won't be a problem for this match though, it will be it will a constant wall of noise, just not generated by Wednesday fans (we can save it for our promotion party). Read Rangers been given an extra 800 tickets on North, the other stand has probably been left empty for a number of reasons.

1 To see if would sell out other areas first, then sell them us

2 SYP and SAG didn't initially want to Rangers 2 stands

3 SWFC didn't want the home support to be outnumbered 

4 (I think this may happen) Rangers fans who turn up ticket less will be in it. If so I expect a lot of em, but a lot less than SYP would have had to police if we had given them tickets in the 1st place

Edited by OWL1969

It's a generalisation, but pre season friendlies are for kids and fat men in replica kits. Why on earth you would travel from Scotland on Sunday for this is beyond me. Can only think the novelty of beating Cowdenbeath 14-0 with Jim Leighton in the net has worn off. 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

It's a generalisation, but pre season friendlies are for kids and fat men in replica kits. Why on earth you would travel from Scotland on Sunday for this is beyond me. Can only think the novelty of beating Cowdenbeath 14-0 with Jim Leighton in the net has worn off. 

Easy answer - To get of Scotland

Proper answer - cus they are now out of Europe, trips to England become a top day out for them it's more about the experience than the match itself.

Many of their fans attending are English, so this is closer to them than any other match.

Plus they sell out everywhere else, Hillsborough having a larger away end than most grounds they visits, just gives more fans the opportunity to travel.

14 minutes ago, vulva said:

Am coming down with 18 mates and we haven't a replica top between us,think your mistaken rangers fans and the trannies.

Btw it's called supporting your team we've always travelled in large numbers wherever it is most receiently 8k to Leipzig in January.

31 minutes ago, steveger said:

Just a big weekend wee wee up, it wont happen again as Rangers wont come to Sheffield after this IMO, twice now the fans have been treat like criminals by South Yorkshire Police, it didn't happen in Bristol or Derby or anywhere else, just twice now in Sheffield.

Looks like it will be back to our big Home games against Stoke and St Mirren and the likes in our friendlies at S6

Not sure they have been treated like criminals but when a very large group of people are coming down for a drinking session then precautions have to be made especially when kids will be around, don't get me wrong syp and sag  have a lot to answer far but stuff like this will be over scrutinised here at Hillsborough. 

14 hours ago, steveger said:

Just a big weekend wee wee up, it wont happen again as Rangers wont come to Sheffield after this IMO, twice now the fans have been treat like criminals by South Yorkshire Police, it didn't happen in Bristol or Derby or anywhere else, just twice now in Sheffield.

Looks like it will be back to our big Home games against Stoke and St Mirren and the likes in our friendlies at S6

Why are they being treat like criminals?  They've been given more tickets than before and even housed in a home end stand when before the Police insisted they be in the West Stand as per a usual match day as they use the pre-season friendly as a warm up for the season and like things to be similar in circumstances.

Also, did Bristol or Derby give Rangers this amount of tickets, I doubt it!!!

Another factor would be what happened in Manchester a few years ago where a lot of your fans did act like criminals   

29 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

Why are they being treat like criminals?  They've been given more tickets than before and even housed in a home end stand when before the Police insisted they be in the West Stand as per a usual match day as they use the pre-season friendly as a warm up for the season and like things to be similar in circumstances.

Also, did Bristol or Derby give Rangers this amount of tickets, I doubt it!!!

Another factor would be what happened in Manchester a few years ago where a lot of your fans did act like criminals   

Pretty sure we had 3 stands for Derby and it was 2-300 pissed up Rangers fans who had enough of the gmp treating them like dirt in Manchester.

Edited by Three stripes

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Rangers or their fans and it seemed a good atmosphere last time up West Street as I travelled to Hillsborough on the tram and it was all good natured inside the ground.

It was an interesting day for me too as I worked on the away turnstiles that match and had several people offering me money to gain entry without a ticket which of course I declined.

Sheffield Wednesday's website states that visiting fans will not be permitted to enter home sections of the ground, and warns that Owls fans attempting to buy tickets for away supporters in home stands will face 'appropriate sanctions'.