Just read a full 19 pages on 'Gers v Owls on a Rangers forum.   They seem to be going mad for this game.  They've been given the entire North Stand..... for a friendly!!

I've been going to Hillsboro since the 50's.  Seen us Play Man U, Liverpool, Blades Leeds etc loads of times.  Never known a club get the full North stand. WHU got the end after the disaster.

Yet the police and SAG have only let them sell 4,500 tickets.  Ridiculous.   Loads of them are buying tickets for the South.   Many have booked hotels and transport in advance so they'll come down regardless of whether they have a pre-bought ticket.

Can see problems.   How come Rangers can play Celtic(hated rivals) at Ibrox with just a row of stewards to separate them?    Yet for a friendly against a club they have little history against, we have to have swathes of empty seats.

SY Police and SAG are an embarrassment.   Even if the Leppings Lane stands was knocked down and rebuilt, they'd still want it near empty. Surprised SWFC have never challenged their decisions in court. Must be costing us millions.   Remember the Wolves 'sellout'?  -   31,000.... nearly 9,000 empty seats.

17 hours ago, Rangers_1986 said:

Woops my bad!! :biggrin: Ah well, if there's something football related that I "have" to see, whilst at Hillsborough, be sure to let me know :)  

There's a memorial to the Hillsborough Disaster victims. It's modest given the scale of the disaster but supporters of all persuasions have paid respects over the years. Unfortunately no museum. Some of the pubs and clubs roundabout are like museum pieces though and you'll get to share plenty of history with the locals!  

49 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Just read a full 19 pages on 'Gers v Owls on a Rangers forum.   They seem to be going mad for this game.  They've been given the entire North Stand..... for a friendly!!

I've been going to Hillsboro since the 50's.  Seen us Play Man U, Liverpool, Blades Leeds etc loads of times.  Never known a club get the full North stand. WHU got the end after the disaster.

Yet the police and SAG have only let them sell 4,500 tickets.  Ridiculous.   Loads of them are buying tickets for the South.   Many have booked hotels and transport in advance so they'll come down regardless of whether they have a pre-bought ticket.

Can see problems.   How come Rangers can play Celtic(hated rivals) at Ibrox with just a row of stewards to separate them?    Yet for a friendly against a club they have little history against, we have to have swathes of empty seats.

SY Police and SAG are an embarrassment.   Even if the Leppings Lane stands was knocked down and rebuilt, they'd still want it near empty. Surprised SWFC have never challenged their decisions in court. Must be costing us millions.   Remember the Wolves 'sellout'?  -   31,000.... nearly 9,000 empty seats.

RE my earlier response to  similar as above its restriction of practice / business you cannot justify closing sections of a ground where clearly other stadia operate with more risks ie fan rivalry and have minimum segregation .

Loads of people have highlighted this (apart from international owl) with our stadium it's the classic case of doors bolted and horses 

Can't see any other way on this

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

45 minutes ago, steveger said:

I've heard SYP are now insisting its played behind closed doors.. :ph34r:

(i made that up:rolleyes:)

Picture this ....

Minutes from last SAG/SYP Meeting 

"Any more before we close meeting?"

Well Rangers Fc have asked for 13.000

Tickets for owls game what are we going to do?

No chance they will smash the place to smithereens.

DVD inserted of ticket less Rangers in Manchester City centre wrecking the place film stopped.

What's going to happen with all these fans without tickets smashing the city up? My mum might get her windows put in on Fielding Road they will still come you know..

Is she insured? 

Yes 

No problem then 

Anymore items to discuss. ..no further items no more tickets all agreed

Meeting closed

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

1 minute ago, Shrewsburyowl said:

i canna wait me! Portugal followed by Rangers is gonna be class.

Gonna be weird being in south stand and having the away fans opposite in the North  though

If they bring with them the colours they brought last time it will be a hell of a spectacle in the North.  

3 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

4,500 in a 10,000 seater stand ?

I heard they were getting 7,000

It's gone beyond a joke with these lot , seriously for what good reason would you restrict the North stand capacity by a half , why not give them the Lepp aswell ? Foo.kin embarrassing !

1 hour ago, Watto said:

4,500 in a 10,000 seater stand ?

I heard they were getting 7,000

It's gone beyond a joke with these lot , seriously for what good reason would you restrict the North stand capacity by a half , why not give them the Lepp aswell ? Foo.kin embarrassing !

I've not taken much notice of this thread last few days being away in Portugal, so is this right that we've only given Rangers 4,500 tickets for North stand?

I wasn't expecting them to have all stand with police wanting access limited to West end of stadium but surely we should have given em more tickets, if not in north then 3,000 for upper tier of West stand.

7 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Fv.ck me!!   it was a reference to a song that our numbskulls sing, that wasn't my point, my point was that it will be embarrassing watching our 50+ year old  thick cv.nts fawning over a set of opposition fans!!   It's pathetic!

I am 50+ my friend and I am far from being a thick cv.nt.

I am not sure the same can be said about you.

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

It's a shame because there is nowt really wrong with S6, I've seen derbies played in some of the most antiquated stadiums in the world and they fill them and it's a bloody good atmosphere as well!

If we were policed by a competent force, most seats would be filled with a minimum of segregation fuss.  Heard the pigs have the same issues on their away end, it all boils down to complete fv.ckwittery on the part of our not fit for purpose police force.

April 1989 has fv.ck all to do with the bizarre decisions being made.

Have you ever heard of the saying "covering your ar53" Finlux?

As you get on in years you will find everything and everyone will appear as an obstacle. And also believe it or not a lot of people are making tons of money out of creating said obstacles ...

8 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Jesus wept, when did I slag off 50 yr olds?  I'm not far off that myself, I'm talking about those sad tvv.ats who will be slavverin like teenagers at a Justin Bieber concert watchin Rangers fans waving a few flags and making vague political references!   If that's your bag go for it, but it makes our support look like desperate lovesick teenagers trying to impress the tart across the street.

Try reading your own posts.

1 hour ago, NYCOWL said:

My best mates a "Fenian"

Hes also a season ticket holder for 35 years.

Im sure he will enjoy the love-in

Oh interesting, one of my mates a "Proddy"

He's also a long standing season ticket older (very similar time)

I too am sure he will enjoy the match

7 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

We gonna go backwards and forwards here?

i have read em, point still stands, grown  blokes, dads and and grandads who should know better, vv.ankin themselves silly over another football team's away support, if you're into that fella, Godspeed, it's a bit embarrassing though, that's all I'm saying!

I don't recall saying I was into it.

You are reading things in my posts that doesn't exist.

What my gripe is that you appear to claim that everyone over 50 behaves in this way and everyone under 50 behaves impeccably.

You state these opinions in a very offensive and derogatory manner.