Burnley want lees again

2 hours ago, MuddyFunkster said:

If he does go it will be for a decent price, surely? Nobody is irreplaceable and if we lost Lees and brought in Ayala and Hanley I wouldn't be too concerned. Only issue is that Lees knows what we are all about.

I would personally be gutted if he left. Continuity with a few quality additions is the way forward. Lees has been one of our most consistent performers for the last 3 years. I wouldn't want us to enter the new season with a completely new CB partnership.

28 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

IF we went into the new season with Hutch & Loovens as our starting CH's then you can forget promotion or even play offs at that!

Totally agree. Plus its fair to say neither Hutch or Loovens can manage 46 games. CB is the one position you don't want to be chopping and changing and Lees is the only one we have who can play every game.

People forget, it's not just about the money.

I think we are all in agreement that Lees is one of the best CB's in this division.   He's had a few seasons with us now and barring one injury period, seems like he is pretty fit and consistent. 

Why get rid of a known quantity, to replace with an unknown quantity?   We needs CB's in as it is.    For me, even if the fee is inflated (What is inflated?  £9m, £12m?)   I think it's a kind of gamble we don't need to be making unless Lees is actively saying "Sell me I want to go"

1 minute ago, Owlinmad said:

The majority of top flight clubs have watched Tom Lees over the last couple of seasons, including Arsenal who have watched him in just about every game he has played.

How many have come in for him ?

I would imagine that more than 50% of approaches for players are never reported personally.

Put into the mix half of those reported are fake, the fans pretty much aren't generally in the loop until such a time an agreement is made to transfer a player, at which point it's obviously in the public eye.

49 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

The majority of top flight clubs have watched Tom Lees over the last couple of seasons, including Arsenal who have watched him in just about every game he has played.

Good Question.I'd say so far not one PL club has made a serious offer for TL. :columbo:

Tom Lees won't be going. I'm pretty confident he doesn't want to go and we won't sell. In my opinion, he is an excellent and dependable defender and has been one of the best centre halves in the Championship over the last 3 seasons. Only Dunk, Michael Keane, Ayala, Lascelles have been better than him over the last few years.

We need to find the long term centre half to play next to him, not sell him.  Preferably a leader as I'm not sure Tom is.

1 hour ago, Owlinmad said:

Arsenal have watched him 100 times and still haven't made their minds up? Who's doing their scouting?!

1 hour ago, salmonbones said:

People forget, it's not just about the money.

I think we are all in agreement that Lees is one of the best CB's in this division.   He's had a few seasons with us now and barring one injury period, seems like he is pretty fit and consistent. 

Why get rid of a known quantity, to replace with an unknown quantity?   We needs CB's in as it is.    For me, even if the fee is inflated (What is inflated?  £9m, £12m?)   I think it's a kind of gamble we don't need to be making unless Lees is actively saying "Sell me I want to go"

This exactly. You can get a good fee but why gamble on an unknown quantity? If you have a consistent performer of quality you should keep them unless they demand to go or you get a ridiculous offer, which for me would be something north of £10m. 

Given his new contract deal, I'd say a few clubs have come in for Lees, probably from EPL.

If Brum paid £3.5 mill to Barnsley for that cart horse, we are looking at least £9 million to a club that's about to pocket £30 million for a former Man Utd reserve stopper.

But Hanley and Lees would be brilliant together at Hillsborough.

Excellent CB. We'd be much worse off if we sold.

Unless the player wants to leave, I can't see him leaving. We won't sell, we don't need to sell. 

There's only 4 players in our team that I would happily wish on their way for Premier League football and they are

Tom Lees

Kieran Westwood

Kieran Lee

Sam Hutrchinso

We'd make a killing on them 4 as well and they cost us a grand total of £0