Bongari Zungu

9 hours ago, sMacLean said:

So tough to judge the standard over there.

Truly one of the worst leagues outside the top 3 sides i've ever seen.Just watch a player called Edinho when we play Vitoria de Setubal, the worst striker i've ever seen at that level.

Zungu might be interesting Benfica and Porto as domestically he's above average but not much else.Rather spend £2-3m on someone proven in the English leagues even highly rated in L1 for that position.Could also look at players who have done well in Bundesliga 2 like Wagner did.

At least the style is fairly similar that way.However Carlos has 1 more season of grace on his decisions so if he rates this guy fair enough.

Norwich are now taking this approach and, like you, I think we should be looking there. The players from the Portuguese league have not been value for money, to put it mildly. 

53 minutes ago, simpark said:

It's the World Football Phone-In - it's always a pretty good listen actually. You can listen to it here or download it as a podcast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05654rq

They mention Zungu at about 1 hour 16 minutes in

Thanks, interesting listening 

Could be a hidden gem like Kante and Mahrez were for Leicester. Let's hope so anyway 

22 hours ago, paddyowl said:

Looks to be a hard working box to box midfielder, 6'1" 24 years old.

Work permit looks to be a problem, plus we have 16,000 Central midfielders, it's a don't know from me.

If he isn't gong to dislodge Lee, Bannan or Hutch there is no point in signing him.

And that goes for any other potential CM signings 

5 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

If he isn't gong to dislodge Lee, Bannan or Hutch there is no point in signing him.

And that goes for any other potential CM signings 

Loadabollox.

12 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Is that all you have?

Basically an inability to add anything constructive to a debate.  

It may be funny once but becomes a little bit pathetic after that.

It's shorthand to say that your previous comment holds no merit and that you should start again.

I'm not remarking on your comment, just translating his comment about your comment.

I think.

6 minutes ago, Holmes said:

It's shorthand to say that your previous comment holds no merit and that you should start again.

I'm not remarking on your comment, just translating his comment about your comment.

I think.

What's disappointing is the lack of any insight or opinion.   

As for my comment, all subjective really.

I dont always agree with what he or other say but I don't resort to petty one worders.

Perhaps my expectations were a little too high. 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Just now, Earlsfieldowl said:

What's disappointing is the lack of any insight or opinion.   

As for my comment, all subjective really.

I dont often agree with what he or other say but I don't resort to petty one worders.

Perhaps my expectations were a little too high. 

Always set you expectations high, you will be rewarded eventually.

9 minutes ago, Owling said:

6m euros = 5.2m, prolly too expensive.

agreed, sounds a lot of money for someone unproven in the english leagues, we have fallen victim to players doing well in Portugal yet not cutting it for us recently. Would prefer us to spend it on someone like Danny Williams (wages) or a player of similar proven quality.

Edited by WalthamOwl

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

agreed, sounds a lot of money for someone unproven in the english leagues, we have fallen victim to players doing well in Portugal yet not cutting it for us recently. Would prefer us to spend it on someone like Danny Williams or a player of similar proven quality.

Or someone who doesn't film themselves in the shower playing with their todger.