Bongari Zungu

38 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

3 million fee being mentioned, seems a lot for a player that only played 16 times last season. Hope we have better luck than we have had with our last few signings from Portugal! 

He was injured for a chunk of the season. Just about every statistic you could want about his season is in this...

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4656/features/2017/06/14/36360852/what-does-the-future-hold-for-bongani-zungu?ICID=PP_82774

Just had a quick search of his name on YouTube... one of the first videos is of him naked in the shower licking his lips & waving his c0ck around (blurred out).

It also transpires his nickname is... Ben 10.

So tough to judge the standard over there.

Truly one of the worst leagues outside the top 3 sides i've ever seen.Just watch a player called Edinho when we play Vitoria de Setubal, the worst striker i've ever seen at that level.

Zungu might be interesting Benfica and Porto as domestically he's above average but not much else.Rather spend £2-3m on someone proven in the English leagues even highly rated in L1 for that position.Could also look at players who have done well in Bundesliga 2 like Wagner did.

At least the style is fairly similar that way.However Carlos has 1 more season of grace on his decisions so if he rates this guy fair enough.

Some  South African  pundit on radio five live  now bigging him right up. Saying fantastic  addition  to the championship  let alone Sheffield  Wednesday  line up. 

Sign him up!!! lol

5 hours ago, OxOwl said:

Some  South African  pundit on radio five live  now bigging him right up. Saying fantastic  addition  to the championship  let alone Sheffield  Wednesday  line up. 

Sign him up!!! lol

Not sure if I'm being whooshed but I'm amazed this was discussed on radio five live 

unless there's some South African football hour I'm unaware of 

:manager:

7 hours ago, sMacLean said:

So tough to judge the standard over there.

Truly one of the worst leagues outside the top 3 sides i've ever seen.Just watch a player called Edinho when we play Vitoria de Setubal, the worst striker i've ever seen at that level.

Zungu might be interesting Benfica and Porto as domestically he's above average but not much else.Rather spend £2-3m on someone proven in the English leagues even highly rated in L1 for that position.Could also look at players who have done well in Bundesliga 2 like Wagner did.

At least the style is fairly similar that way.However Carlos has 1 more season of grace on his decisions so if he rates this guy fair enough.

Agree with this. We haven't been very fortunate with our signings from the Portuguese league. 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Not sure if I'm being whooshed but I'm amazed this was discussed on radio five live 

unless there's some South African football hour I'm unaware of 

:manager:

It's the World Football Phone-In - it's always a pretty good listen actually. You can listen to it here or download it as a podcast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05654rq

They mention Zungu at about 1 hour 16 minutes in

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Work permit would probably kill any possible deal, as it did for Rodolph Austin 2yrs ago. 

We wouldn't waste our time if that was the case.  That's if we're even looking at him.