Richard Keogh

7 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Very industrial rough and ready defender.

Not the best admittedly but I'd have him for the right price.

My sentiments exactly and he is a leader in the pitch so if we got him for peanuts then I'd welcome him here 

Whenever I seen him play I always think that he'd be sent off if he played for us. He gets away with loads of snidey fouls - the handball sort of summed him up for me. Tbf to him he must know how to play the refs.

44 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

He's been a decent servant for them, he's gone abit stale there.

We felt replacing Antonio with Stevie May was a good idea but it didn't stop him going somewhere else and being the best player in the league did it ? 

That's not true though is it?! We didn't sell Antonio so that we could sign Stevie May.

45 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

I always thought Keogh had a decent bit of pace on him? Brings the ball out of defence too. Played 50 games a season for derby 4/5 years running so can't be bad. Ayala would be the best we have been linked with though, but Nixon doesn't get many wrong 

I think Keogh would be an excellent acquisition. 

Carlos loves players who break the lines.

Keogh does just that. He likes to surge up the pitch with the ball. 

Carlos type of player. 

14 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Keogh, underwhelming especially if we have to pay a fee. He'll be on decent wages and we'd probably be doing Derby a favour taking him off their books.

The bottom line though is he really an upgrade on Loovens? 

The quality of our centre halves that started the game doesn't necessarily need to be surpassed but we just need more depth there. IMO

I think a younger player like Ayala would help on the age front though as both Loovens and Keogh are getting on a bit 

1 hour ago, parkerowl said:

Yes, he'd be our best defender if we signed him today.

As would Ayala, although if I could just sign 1 then it would be Ayala over Keogh. I like his aggression.

I agree, if we signed him today, he would be our best defender. Lees, Loovens, Hunt, Sasso, Pudil and Palmer are currently on holiday. 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

The quality of our centre halves that started the game doesn't necessarily need to be surpassed but we just need more depth there. IMO

I think a younger player like Ayala would help on the age front though as both Loovens and Keogh are getting on a bit 

I disagree, if we are seriously looking for a top two finish. Loovens did well last season, better than I expected in terms of play and injuries, but he is bound to be slowing down and although good in the air he is also very pedestrian in his passing when we are trying to build from the back.

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

I disagree, if we are seriously looking for a top two finish. Loovens did well last season, better than I expected in terms of play and injuries, but he is bound to be slowing down and although good in the air he is also very pedestrian in his passing when we are trying to build from the back.

Maybe, but we continued to keep a lot of clean sheets, in terms of their ability to defend then it's just keeping that standard  rather than having to gamble on Sasso or semedo.