Richard Keogh

1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

If he's not good enough for Derby then he's not good enough for us. 

17 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Tom Lees.

Sexydale is right...Tom wasn't good enough for leeds and what an impact he made for us.

I think keogh needs us just as much as we need him...

Edited by Lombado

3 hours ago, wednesdaywizard said:

So who do you want and how do you know they're any better than Keogh?

How often have you seen Keogh play?

Think the sort of £2m-£3m figure that's going around for a centre back of his age and standard is too high personally.

I've seen Keogh enough times to have an opinion (although why you feel I have justify this to you is ridiculous, I can have my opinion). Hes a good championship player but for the money that we are supposedly going to pay I think you can find a young and better player for a similar price. Roberts at Barnsley, Bartley at Swansea is no doubt available. 

3 hours ago, Lombado said:

Sexydale is right...Tom wasn't good enough for leeds and what an impact he made for us.

I think keogh needs us just as much as we need him...

Not even comparable. Tom lees was a 23 year old CB who played over a 100 championship games and had u21 experience and we got him for nothing, we was also a side whose aim was to finish mid table.

Keogh is 30. Never got out of this division. Decent player but no ones telling me for £2m-£3m you can't get younger and better. We are aiming for top 2 and no longer have to hope our free signings turn out better than we hoped for.

for every tom lees there's a Zayatte and Dielna. Keogh just strikes me as a very similar signing to that of David Jones and Abdi, loads of experience at this level, but nothing better than we have already got. 

I'd sooner we try sign someone like Harlee Dean at Brentford or Tommy Smith from Ipswich, I don't see Keogh as an improvement.

9 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Royal Navy senior side for 2 years. A number of the team I played with went on to be semi professional when they left so you can make your own assessment on that.

What branch are/were you bud?

I understand peoples reservations on Keogh and do agree that their are better players out there but one thing you would get from Keogh is 100% commitment and leadership qualities. For a centre back hes comfortable on the ball, not rapid but hes no slouch and puts his head in where it hurts. A solid Championship centre back - i wouldnt be against paying 2 / 3 million for that in todays market.

Id love to sign Ayala, we need a center back that can play the ball out.

Sasso was the best one at this.

Don't see the need to sign Ayala and another such as Hanley or Keogh, should have just kept Sasso as 4th choice.