I've really not missed football yet

Think there is too much money in football for it to take a break for too long.

Season hasn't really ended with England game this weekend and next week,

The 2nd weekend in July pre season games start.

Transfers will still be the main sports story in the papers until then,

Traditional summer sports of Tennis and Cricket rarely get a look in these days.

But have to admit I am not missing football as much as I used to in the summer.

6 hours ago, NHOwl said:

When I was a kid - 1970's mind - the FA Cup and the European Cup final firmly signalled the end of the season and then - apart from the bi-annual excitement of the World Cup or Euro's for which England didn't always qualify - it was summer holidays and cricket through August . I just don't remember worrying about Wednesday during the close season. One or two signings, a bit of a build up around the time of friendlies and that was about it.

To be honest I'm still the same today. I had switched off within 24 hours of the play-off defeat. It was over, time to take a break. The internet has changed things of course but I still prefer the "old way". We should all chill out, take a break, have a few beers, get some sun, wait for things to take their course, and be all ready and refreshed for a new round of ultimate disappointment in around ten weeks time. 

Happy summer guys. 

I remember when I was younger in my teens and before the internet the close season seemed to last forever and next season felt like a lifetime away. Now it feels like it's just around the corner 

in fact there's only a month before the first pre season game, and there's fixtures, a new shirt, and hopefully some signings to happen before then. 

It will all have happened before we know it 

10 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I remember when I was younger in my teens and before the internet the close season seemed to last forever and next season felt like a lifetime away. Now it feels like it's just around the corner 

in fact there's only a month before the first pre season game, and there's fixtures, a new shirt, and hopefully some signings to happen before then. 

It will all have happened before we know it 

Just to add to this I remember the only place for Wednesday news was waiting to buy the weekly Match and Shoot magazines with a tiny sentence about how we want to sign Henrik Larrson. Or then phoning clubcall and waiting ten minutes to hear how the international player! we want to sign is Stockport's Ola Tidman 

:manager:

2 hours ago, torres said:

Awww bless. I weelly hope the bad misters score lots and lots of goals for you next year so you can be all warm and fuzzy inside again. 

Now what do we have here...let me get my binoculars and handbook.  Sarcastic...attention seeking...little if no wit...self indulgent...hmmm...YES! YES! I HAVE IT! THERE'S NO DOUBT! IT'S A BELL END!  

This is the only time of year when I  can get all my DIY jobs,decorating and gardening done. For the rest of the year my grass grows to 6ft all the wallpaper starts peeling off and all the shelves previously put up have fell off

Edited by foxowl