Roland Nilsson first player on the dream wall

The Owls are pleased to announce Terry Curran as the next player in the Sheffield Wednesday Dream Scene painting.

The flamboyant winger dropped down two leagues to join the Owls, then playing in Division Three, in 1979.

Then-manager Jack Charlton convinced Curran to help Wednesday’s promotion push and it worked as the Owls finished third. 

Altogether Curran played 138 games for the Owls, scoring 39 goals, 24 of which came in his debut, promotion-winning, season at Hillsborough.

He becomes the tenth player to be named in the iconic dressing room painting, which Australian artist Jamie Cooper has brought to life.

To see Jamie’s behind the scenes blog, CLICK HERE.

The next player in the Sheffield Wednesday Dream Scene will be revealed next Monday!

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/dream-scene-curran-confirmed/

10 minutes ago, Russy said:

The Owls are pleased to announce Terry Curran as the next player in the Sheffield Wednesday Dream Scene painting.

The flamboyant winger dropped down two leagues to join the Owls, then playing in Division Three, in 1979.

Then-manager Jack Charlton convinced Curran to help Wednesday’s promotion push and it worked as the Owls finished third. 

Altogether Curran played 138 games for the Owls, scoring 39 goals, 24 of which came in his debut, promotion-winning, season at Hillsborough.

He becomes the tenth player to be named in the iconic dressing room painting, which Australian artist Jamie Cooper has brought to life.

To see Jamie’s behind the scenes blog, CLICK HERE.

The next player in the Sheffield Wednesday Dream Scene will be revealed next Monday!

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/dream-scene-curran-confirmed/

Ridiculous.

Guest Ferkorf
2 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

I thought there was only going to be 10?  Says 11th next week.

I thought that too they definitely asked fans to pick 10 favourites. I was shocked to see Curran as the last one. I pretty much assumed Hirst was nailed on to be in it so heres hoping hes the 11th man.

Never know they might have a full squad. Get Nuhiu in there lol

28 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

You certainly are boyo

is there owt on that about when he fuckedoff to United?

Don't get me wrong, he was a decent player, who I loved to watch when he was here.  However, I wouldn't say he is in the top 100 players to have played for us, never mind being one of the legends.

Edited by Sham67

21 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Don't get me wrong, he was a decent player, who I loved to watch when he was here.  However, I wouldn't say he is in the top 100 players to have played for us, never mind being one of the legends.

I think he's earned it  lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Certainly not one of our best 11 players of all time but if the scene was being chosen solely on that basis then the majority of players would come from title & cup winning teams before any of us were born.

Curran was before my time but is one of the few players I never saw play for us that I know a bit about through hearing others speak of him. He may not have been playing for us at the top level but he was integral to dragging us out of one of our worst spells in our history, scored in the derby game and also scored one of the best derby goals at the lane. Bit of flair will do for me.

Although I didn't vote for Terry Curran, I can see why he merits inclusion in the dream scene. Taking into account Wednesday's long history, there should be more eras included, plus he's a cult club legend due to his major part in our revival and the role he played in the Boxing Day Massacre. Also, even though we weren't a top flight side at the time, he dropped down the League's to play for us at a time when he was a good top flight player. By all accounts he sounds worthy because he was iconic of that time period and he was a maverick and showman. 

I think there might end up being more than 11 players in the scene, with subs and a manager included, along with trophies and other symbolic things? Personally I hope Rimmer; Dooley, Waddle and Hirst find a place in the finished painting but I think it could do with a bit more variation of eras and for that reason I would most like to see Jackie Robinson included. Robinson was a great player in the late 30s and during the war, whom it could be argued that he's one of our all time greats. And if it weren't for the war during his peak, he would probably had an even greater career.