Roland Nilsson first player on the dream wall

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

No Waddler?

The best player I've seen in my 58 years supporting Wednesday

Five of the ten will be from the early 90s, which is far too many. Waddle would make it six.

Should have been 2 from Victorian era (Clegg, Spiksley), 2 from 1900s (Crawshaw, Wilson), 2 from 1930s (Blenkinsop, Rimmer), 2 from 1960s (Springett, Fantham), 2 from 1990s (open to fans vote)

Des Walker was a fine player, but wouldn't have made my top 30.

3 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Five of the ten will be from the early 90s, which is far too many. Waddle would make it six.

Should have been 2 from Victorian era (Clegg, Spiksley), 2 from 1900s (Crawshaw, Wilson), 2 from 1930s (Blenkinsop, Rimmer), 2 from 1960s (Springett, Fantham), 2 from 1990s (open to fans vote)

Des Walker was a fine player, but wouldn't have made my top 30.

Waddle was the best of the Wednesday players from the early nineties

Like yourself I wouldn't have picked Des Walker

But for my money, Waddle would have been in front of Nilsson, Sheridan, Hirst and most definitely Walker

Own goal methinks

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Was looking forward to buying this

But no Waddler means I'll give it a miss

Leaving Ellis Rimmer out is a huge mistake too

Des Walker, seriously? Not a Wednesday legend in my eyes, good player yes, great player? not a chance, 9 times out of 10 he'd intercept and put the ball in the stands

For a group of individuals who enjoy finding fault with things, looking for negatives, complaining, grumbling and generally disagreeing with stuff, this is gold.

Pick 10 players from the clubs 150 year history. Impossible. Already it's turned Des from being one of the best defenders this country's ever produced, into a bang average lump it centre half. Because apparently he wasn't as good a servant to the club, as someone who no one on here ever saw kick a ball!

Even if it was a picture of the clubs best 500 players, some git would chip in with "ahh but der int no Archibald Hubert Pumpwhistle in it, so I ain't buying it! Proper outside flying wing-falf he woh. Used to play bare foot darn olive grove whilst doint' dishes for his mam at same time. Reyt lad t'old Pumpwhistle."

Gold.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Was looking forward to buying this

But no Waddler means I'll give it a miss

Leaving Ellis Rimmer out is a huge mistake too

Des Walker, seriously? Not a Wednesday legend in my eyes, good player yes, great player? not a chance, 9 times out of 10 he'd intercept and put the ball in the stands

To be fair, the club isn't going to please everyone. As a club we are quite blessed with an excellent alumni of players. It was inevitable that some big names were going to miss out. 

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

To be fair, the club isn't going to please everyone. As a club we are quite blessed with an excellent alumni of players. It was inevitable that some big names were going to miss out. 

I understand that mate, just saying what I've seen, I've watched Wednesday since the early sixties, and while I admit, I have hardly any memory of the players from the sixties, what I do remember, Waddle is the greatest player I've seen in my lifetime, and for him not to be included is a massive own goal, Sheridan, Hirst and Nilsson were great players, but Waddle was better.  

It's a shame, this could and should have been something special, but to leave the best player from the last 50 years out, I'm speechless, Waddle should have been the first of the players from the nineties

And leaving Ellis Rimmer out too is simply unforgivable

Usual OT getting knickers in a twist, supposedly 2 left and the ITK reckon Waddle has not made it. Just had a look look at the blog and in order of the released images:

1. Roland Nilsson

2. Ron Springett

3. Des Walker

4. John Fantham

5. Fred Spiksley

6. Ernest Blenkinsop

7. Andrew Wilson

8. John Sheridan

From a look at the artists blog I reckon one is Hirst and another (hope I'm wrong with this "legend" )appears to be Bullen.

I reckon Waddle still has a chance.

The Don should've been there instead of Des, any room for Dooley. 

If there were 25 players some legends would still miss out, it's not that easy narrowing down an XI