David Blunkett - open letter to CC

16 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Pleased I'm not the only one, I just can't see (sorry) what he's trying to say in that letter.

1 minute ago, debram said:

Bringing out the frustrations of the fans for the fans, non of us would get our views in the press, guess hes pretty much fuming that we blew probably the best chance of going up we will ever have.

Does this mean we'll never go up then.

8 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

He's got a point with everything he said however it shouldn't be printed in the press imo.

In fairness there is a long history of fans writing columns in the Star and Green'un, I don't see this as being any different... after all Blunkett is a fan the same as you and me.

Also I appreciate it's all about opinions but I agree with pretty much everything he says.

4 minutes ago, Owling said:

Because it's an open letter.

So if I write an 'open letter' to David Blunkett and send it to the Stir do you think it will get printed? Will it roger! He's a supporter like the rest of us and is entitled to an opinion. What it doesn't entitle him to is preferential treatment over other fans views and he's used his position as a local politician to get just that. And if course, the Stir lap it up in their customary fashion. Any opportunity to put a negative spin on anything happening at Hillsborough. Glad I stopped buying it years ago.

Just now, Chilli said:

So if I write an 'open letter' to David Blunkett and send it to the Stir do you think it will get printed? Will it roger! He's a supporter like the rest of us and is entitled to an opinion. What it doesn't entitle him to is preferential treatment over other fans views and he's used his position as a local politician to get just that. And if course, the Stir lap it up in their customary fashion. Any opportunity to put a negative spin on anything happening at Hillsborough. Glad I stopped buying it years ago.

No.

He's a frustrated fan who wants to have his input, no different to hundreds of others who post on here, he's sent his letter to the local paper just like many others do or did in years gone past.  As a well known fan, The Star are obviously are going to print it.

He makes some valid points and not so valid points.  

His credentials are exactly the same as mine for telling Carlos how to do his job, none whatsoever and I wouldn't think he's naive enough to think his views have any real merit or will impact on CC thinking.

Just think it's a very typical letter from a typical fan nothing to get worked up over.

He has as much right as one else to voice his opinion.  

Another none story.

17 minutes ago, Owling said:

Does this mean we'll never go up then.

Of course not, its just that we had the squad with the ability and experience but didn't use it, ime sure you must have expected that bit more than we produced

Being blind I suppose you 'feel' the game through the crowd reactions, a bit like me listening on Player and using JP noises to gauge whether we're crap or not.

Last last season must have been one of the best for Blunkett, guess he wants more of the same before he dies......also a bit like me.