David Blunkett - open letter to CC

1 minute ago, Walt said:

Well this is just another load of bobbar to add to the Stir's long, long list. Pathetic is one word, lack of evidence is another (Partridgeism). I mean "Dog Bitten By Snake." Sensationalism at its finest, I'm just surprised that it wasn't a Jihady snake, maybe it will be when The Mail get hold of it?  And what evidence do the local rag have for this viscous attack - a (home made) flyer / poster stuck to a defenceless tree. Hmmm guilty as charged, send the snake down, case closed. Come on Ben Green (author of said tripe), time to up your game son. No eye witness statements, no mention of the dog's or snake's well being after the alleged altercation and certainly no hospital / veterinary records. Evidence Benny boy???  Indeed the snake is, in Ben's mind without all reasonable doubt an Adder and the dog is most definitely a German. Well I for one am calling Blades bias on this one...again.

Whoosh.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Whilst I don't think it's the ,it's eloquently written letter stop all this whinging about him only getting it published because he's an ex MP or a Lord....that's just rubbish......how many of you saying that have actually taken the trouble to do them same and found it not published......I wrote an open letter to Dave Allen a few years back and without a title or being a member of parliament it was published 

Well firstly, I wasn't whinging; it was an observational comment. I have written to papers in the past; some were published some not and that's fine, it is the editor's prerogative. With a public figure it is harder for an editor to resist publication and papers often give such letters a higher billing than they deserve.

I have nothing against David Blunkett, or any other celebrity fan, but they have to be careful about how they use their celebrity, especially if they are professing to talk on behalf of other fans. 

Again, not a whinge, just a point of view.

2 hours ago, LoOkOut said:

Blunkett clearly has too much time on his hands .

He was at Center Parcs yesterday, Sherwood forest, don't know if he was on his last day of the weekend break or the first of the 5 day one, haven't seen him since but he obviously has plenty of time to think things through.

9 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

The star has been crap recently trying to unsettle things and big up the blunts.

They got a new sports editor who's a blunt or something?

Huddersfield fan isn't he?

Dom Howson I'm on about.

Edited by northeastowl

I'm not trying to take the wee wee with this comment, but how exactly do blind people experience a football match. Paying £40+ to listen to crowd noises seems a bit weird. Do they have like a helper sat next to them describing the action or listen on the radio? 

Disallowed goals must be extremely surreal for them and penalty shoot outs even worse

Edited by TheRedanator

Why the overaction?  Some retired MP has sent a letter to his local paper and they had the cheek to publish it.

The letter is hardly ground breaking you can read much them same on OT every day.

I don't happen to agree with much of what he says but he's every right to say it, and I can't get worked up over The Star publishing it, it's what papers do.

Can just imagine the editor saying, 'Oh we won't print this in case we upset some sensitive poster on OT'.

Get a grip its just another fan getting it off his chest.

Guest BULGARIA
2 hours ago, Holmes said:

That season we had an outside chance of winning the League title at Crystal Palace, Roy Hattersley hanging out of his car window punching the air to the cheers of the  Wednesday fans drinking outside the pub.

Sorry that just came back to me.

crikey, i bet that car window needed its own wiper after Roy had been hanging his head out of it.

4 minutes ago, BULGARIA said:

crikey, i bet that car window needed its own wiper after Roy had been hanging his head out of it.

WTF:

Edited by S36 OWL

2 hours ago, Chilli said:

I'm on it. Now where do I start first WTF:

Remove brain,common sense, become egotistical and get a magic calculator for working out your expenses. Oh and never ever ever answer a question that proves you are a complete and utter bottom feeder. Welcome, your right honourable Chilli.......  

Don't want to come over as an apologist (heaven forbid!) but, <cough>...

• Represented the club as it's MP for many many years
  • Hon President of Wednesdayite
  • Fan longer than most people have been on this earth
  • Heavily involved with the HMRC issue prior to Milan buying the club
  • Worked with Milan during his tenure as owner
  • Supported the community side of SWFC for many years

You're right about publishing it unfairly, but he's a prominent figure in the area, and his credentials aren't that bad.

As for listening, he uses the local feed all visually disabled people can use within the stadium, supported by the hospital radio team.  Or he's been known to use whoever is sitting next to him (or behind!) to commentate.

The penalties must have been murder but at least you can tell straight away if it went in or not!