What is so fuukiin difficult about just getting behind our manager and players

He is here, they are here for the foreseeable

Some just can't help themselves but knock

Just now, Holmes said:

Why don't you give it a miss next season then if it's that bad?

You won't be missed.

Bye

Oh the old 'we dont need you' retort.  It was a reasonable question and one which forums are there for to discuss.  Just because you don't like the question doesn't mean you can start telling me to go forth and multiply or castigate me as a NON True Fan tm

27 minutes ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

There was a recent poll on here that had 66% wanting Carlos to stay and 33% wanting Carlos to leave.  After watching most of this rather drab play off final between two average sides, why the LOVE FEST for our current manager? Irrespective of whether we manage promotion next season, we have missed (well in my 44 year lifetime) the best opportunity to get promotion to the top division.  Unless he changes our YAWNSVILLE style of playing surely we're going to miss out again, because next year won't be so forgiving as this year.

Brighton stuck with their manager and for good reason, they narrowly missed out on automatic promotion and they absolutely battered us in the second leg at home and to be fair they could have been 4 up at half time.  We could have played till midnight against UDDERS and not scored in our home leg.  

I hope I'm wrong (I usually am) but unless we do something completely different in terms of set up and tactics next season I fear we will under achieve.  Just want to ask the 66% why they are so positive Carlos is the right choice... 

seriously, let it go. You can moan about it all you like but it's done, gone, ended, finished.

We lost to the better side over two legs and yes CC is to blame for some bizarre selections and substitutions. D I think we deserved to win, no. Do I think having gone 1-0 up against a toothless Huddersfield we should have won? Yes. But we didn't.

More importantly, the main man DC who has invested tens of millions in our club wants CC to manage us next season. So you'll just have to get over it. It's difficult, I admit because these two teams are bobbaa in this final and we would have surely beat Reading today. But we won't.

33 minutes ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

There was a recent poll on here that had 66% wanting Carlos to stay and 33% wanting Carlos to leave.  After watching most of this rather drab play off final between two average sides, why the LOVE FEST for our current manager? Irrespective of whether we manage promotion next season, we have missed (well in my 44 year lifetime) the best opportunity to get promotion to the top division.  Unless he changes our YAWNSVILLE style of playing surely we're going to miss out again, because next year won't be so forgiving as this year.

Brighton stuck with their manager and for good reason, they narrowly missed out on automatic promotion and they absolutely battered us in the second leg at home and to be fair they could have been 4 up at half time.  We could have played till midnight against UDDERS and not scored in our home leg.  

I hope I'm wrong (I usually am) but unless we do something completely different in terms of set up and tactics next season I fear we will under achieve.  Just want to ask the 66% why they are so positive Carlos is the right choice... 

We essentially got 81 points from 45 games this season with the last game being a dead rubber.  We may well have got 84 if we had tried to win the last game. That was with 3 of our best players absent for large parts of the season (FF, Lee & Hooper). We only need to add a couple of extra wins next year and we will be in the auto mix. It's not hard to see us achieving that with better luck with injuries and with the 3 or 4 signings that Carlos is looking for. Plus you have the likes of Rhodes and Abdi who could well be like new signings following a full pre season. Plenty of reasons to think we can achieve that little extra bit that we need with Carlos at the helm.

Also I see no reason why next season will be any harder than this. Arguably autos will be easier as there are no obvious stand out teams like Newcastle & Brighton next season.

Edited by NorthernOwl

Just now, BobsMagicCalculator said:

Oh the old 'we dont need you' retort.  It was a reasonable question and one which forums are there for to discuss.  Just because you don't like the question doesn't mean you can start telling me to go forth and multiply or castigate me as a NON True Fan tm

If you could be bothered to look through the threads you will find the answers to your predictable windup post.

I didn't tell you to go forth or castigate you as a non true fan, I made a suggestion.  

Fingers crossed you will take it.  

Just now, Holmes said:

If you could be bothered to look through the threads you will find the answers to your predictable windup post.

I didn't tell you to go forth or castigate you as a non true fan, I made a suggestion.  

Fingers crossed you will take it.  

terrible post imv

31 minutes ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

My personal take on it is this.

Starting again with another manager who will probably require a couple of transfer windows to get his 'own' players in would be a short sighted move.

Yes this season the football hasn't always been on the same level as last year but we have amassed more points, looked better defensively and that's a foundation to build on rather than re-inventing the wheel.

CC appears to know the limitations of what the squad can/has achieved thus far and should be trusted to make the necessary changes.

It's not like we've under achieved for the last 2 seasons and it'd be worth remembering that.

29 minutes ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

I don't come on here every day though, just wanted an answer to why 66% supported the current manager?

Because we support Sheffield Wednesday and our excellent Chairman has decided that Carlos will remain our current manager. A man who has invested millions in our club is supporting Carlos. And so should you now the decision has been made

26 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Spot on.

Amazing chance to go up this season, totally blown by our Manager.

We have the largest Apologist fanbase of any club, who seem to revel in underachieving. Whether it be Dave Allen or Dave Jones, it's accepted by the 66%.

An average Huddersfield team, with a minute budget, have flown from relegation candidates to Play off final.

You have been given an extra season Carlos. Don't blow it again.

I'd say finishing 4th was pretty much in line with pre season expectations. Just because Huddersfield have overachieved doesn't change that. 

30 minutes ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

Why is this fishing?  I am asking a question with NO ANSWERS so far

Because...despite people like you with all your football knowledge said that...

A) he'd be gone by September first season

B ) We wouldn't make the play offs first season

C) We wouldn't better our first season position and points

Apart from that I can't think of any other reason lol 

Edited by daveyboy66

10 minutes ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

Thats just it though, no one can see an easily acquirable alternative because no one had heard of this manager before we got him, or Slavisa Jokanovic etc, there's always someone better out there

Aye, it's worked brilliantly for Derby.

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Because...despite peopel like you with all your football knowledge said that...

A) he'd be gone by September first season

B ) We wouldn't make the play offs first season

C) We wouldn't better our first season position and points

Apart from that I can't think of any other reason lol 

All past tense PARRA, I need summat of substance why this season will be better.

9 minutes ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

Thats just it though, no one can see an easily acquirable alternative because no one had heard of this manager before we got him, or Slavisa Jokanovic etc, there's always someone better out there

Yep, I agree, the grass is always greener. He's our manager for at least the next season so If I were you I'd try and come to terms with it, you never know, if he has decided this is his last season he just might throw caution to the wind.

We have had two season where we have improved on each season... 

Sometimes football is an ugly game but sometimes it's better to work on the problems and mistakes and learn from them. Carlos has that opportunity this season... to learn from the past two seasons, bring in and get rid players and work on the foundations.

I think that is why I personally want him to stay, BUT if this season isn't a success then I'm sure you will get your wish. 

For now though he deserves the backing and support from the fans as shown by our chairman.

1 minute ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

All past tense PARRA, I need summat of substance why this season will be better.

Because we don't need to make much of an inprovemant to make up the points for a top two place especially as most of the components are now in place...we've gone from scratch to two play off places..the same improvements will see us up next year

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Because we don't need to make much of an inprovemant to make up the points for a top two place especially as most of the components are now in place...we've gone from scratch to two play off places..the same improvements will see us up next year

I hope you are right, but given this man has never stuck around for very long in jobs and he has HIS philosophy on how to play the game, I can't seem him changing the playing style this long into the tenure.  I hope I'm wrong I really do.

This argument was had on here on and off for most of last season.

It was had over and over in 100's of threads in the few days between the Huddersfield defeat and Carlos signing a new deal.

Save yourself some time and read them back... then knock one out or kick your dog to relieve your frustration.