Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

3 hours ago, Estonhills said:

You are only allowed to loose 13m (permitted FFP costs, transfers, wages ect).  

Promotion Bonuses don't count, and transfer add on's.  Nugent 2m, Downing 2m ect. That was nearly 13m with players Promotion Bonuses.  

Stadium and Academy (we have a CAT A) dont count either,  Cat A minimum spent on it is 2.5m.  Stadium costs and training ground were around 10m.

Losses under FFP are 13m and that is set in stone.  The football club has separate accounts.  

This is what boils my p1ss about the EFL and is likely to have been commented on before - 

but in order for all 24 teams to have a chance to compete on an equal basis then surely the 13M FFP cap must be increased to what ever the highest parachute payment is of the relegated premier teams, which I understand is 40M per year?

Until that happens, the division is clearly rigged to aid newly relegated teams and nobody is doing anything about it apart from seek to punish those that dare to try to maintain some sort of parity.

Edited by Flat Owl

It's in the press up there that Newcastle have over 30 first team players and need to shed a lot them to allow incomings.

I would imagine Hanley will be one allowed to leave but apparently Ashley wants the fee he paid back for him. He also signed a 5 year deal with them, so I would imagine he's on a big wage. 

10 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Isn't it what we usually do try and get players cheap then end up splashing out in the 11th hour. 

E.g Reach. 

E.g Rhodes. 

Not bad players by any means but club's know we pay the big fees right at the end of the window. 

It should be the other way around shouldn't it.

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

It's in the press up there that Newcastle have over 30 first team players and need to shed a lot them to allow incomings.

I would imagine Hanley will be one allowed to leave but apparently Ashley wants the fee he paid back for him. He also signed a 5 year deal with them, so I would imagine he's on a big wage. 

Sounds like one of those deals struck whilst leathered with his mates eh doc...:duntmatter:

4 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I don't think Ashley is interested.

But there is a general sense of dissapointment that Rafa hasn't been given much cash despite being told he'd have "every last penny". So it's likely that they will not only want players out but also for maximum value so they can go and spend it.

13 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Isn't it what we usually do try and get players cheap then end up splashing out in the 11th hour. 

E.g Reach. 

E.g Rhodes. 

Not bad players by any means but club's know we pay the big fees right at the end of the window. 

Think it was reported at the time that Boro wanted £5m for Reach and £12m for Rhodes. We ended getting them at £3m and £6m respectively, so you could argue that we wait until the end of the window to pay the lowest amount possible? How true those figures are, we can only guess, but I'm 100% sure we paid less for them late on in the window than we would have done earlier in it.

14 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

This is what boils my p1ss about the EFL and is likely to have been commented on before - 

but in order for all 24 teams to have a chance to compete on an equal basis then surely the 13M FFP cap must be increased to what ever the highest parachute payment is of the relegated premier teams, which I understand is 40M per year?

Until that happens, the division is clearly rigged to aid newly relegated teams and nobody is doing anything about it apart from seek to punish those that dare to try to maintain some sort of parity.

Completely agree, doesnt make any sense at all