Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

10 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Ir's just common sense.

The club have openly acknowledged that we are after 2 centre backs so I think its pretty safe to assume that we are going to bring players in before the window closes. It's not like they are saying we don't need further players in that position.

The hold up is because we are trying to get the right players in. If we can't do that and the worst comes to the worst we will have to lower our sites and bring in lesser players than we would like. But there is absolutely no way we just won't bring anyone in at all.

Exactly this. Does  anyone really think we will go into September with only two recognised centre backs? 

16 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I think we'll get a CB deal over the line before the Preston game, but it'll be a cheap deal like Mulgrew or Keogh. If we sign one then it says to clubs who are wanting 5-7m for Hanley, Bartley, Dean etc that we aren't desperate now we've moved on, and closer to deadline day we can pick them up for half their current asking price.

Hopefully

I can not see us panic signing any defender before next weekend now,if we do get anyone in, I will be amazed if they where involved in the game.think we might as well hold out for the end of the window ,when we might be able to influence the transfer fee more,as clubs might be more desperate to get them off there wage bill.

Ross McCormack's hopes of leaving Villa this summer appear improved after a host of Championship clubs emerged as suitors for the misfit striker.

Derby, Hull City and Reading have all been linked with the 30-year-old who is deemed surplus to requirements at Villa Park.

Sunderland have also mooted as potential destination for the Scot though, contrary to some reports, it is understood no discussions have yet taken place between the Mackems and Villa over a possible move.

3 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Ross McCormack's hopes of leaving Villa this summer appear improved after a host of Championship clubs emerged as suitors for the misfit striker.

Derby, Hull City and Reading have all been linked with the 30-year-old who is deemed surplus to requirements at Villa Park.

Sunderland have also mooted as potential destination for the Scot though, contrary to some reports, it is understood no discussions have yet taken place between the Mackems and Villa over a possible move.

Fairly certain him leaving depends on whether he has mastered the controls for his electric gates

8 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Nothing wrong with his ability, everything wrong with his attitude. The sort of player that can be like a cancer to team morale. Avoid at all costs, even if he does want to play centre half

11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

When you think of some of the dodgy signings we've made, when did we become so fussy

You're actually complaining about us being fussy? 

Who are the dodgy signings btw? Everyone? 

Edited by SiJ

47 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I think we'll get a CB deal over the line before the Preston game, but it'll be a cheap deal like Mulgrew or Keogh. If we sign one then it says to clubs who are wanting 5-7m for Hanley, Bartley, Dean etc that we aren't desperate now we've moved on, and closer to deadline day we can pick them up for half their current asking price.

Hopefully

If I was a betting man I'd say unless something completely out of the blue happens then I seriously doubt we will see anyone come in before the first game.

I notice a lot of the Bee Reyts are getting tetchy 

It's true to say it's Only July FFS and there's still a month of the window to go

It's also fair to say that the best players aren't left at the bottom of the barrel, on deadline day

Playing all of pre season with Pudil at CB, I'm expecting another slow start to the season. Hopefully that won't last too long though 

Article from Reading forum..........

Just in case you weren't aware already, silly season is well and truly up and running, as we have been linked with a £10 million move for a striker.
Guardian editor, Ed Aarons, has stated that the Royals are preparing to bid big money for Huddersfield striker, Nakhi Wells. There have been murmurings about us spending big on that missing link up top, but to even talk about tripling our transfer record is absolutely crazy.
The 27-year old has been pushed further down the pecking order at Huddersfield, after they spent big money on Steve Mounie and Laurent Depoitre, with Colin Quaner also an option for David Wagner. Wells is in the last year of his contact and the Terriers may want to cash in.

£10 million for Nakhi Wells!!  WTF:

4 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Article from Reading forum..........

Just in case you weren't aware already, silly season is well and truly up and running, as we have been linked with a £10 million move for a striker.
Guardian editor, Ed Aarons, has stated that the Royals are preparing to bid big money for Huddersfield striker, Nakhi Wells. There have been murmurings about us spending big on that missing link up top, but to even talk about tripling our transfer record is absolutely crazy.
The 27-year old has been pushed further down the pecking order at Huddersfield, after they spent big money on Steve Mounie and Laurent Depoitre, with Colin Quaner also an option for David Wagner. Wells is in the last year of his contact and the Terriers may want to cash in.

£10 million for Nakhi Wells!!  WTF:

still least hes proven at this level, unlike Fletcher who isnt proven at anything other than youth level..........Seriously, worlds can mad I tell ya

17 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Only my opinion but from what I can gather there is nothing happening and nothing close.

One can only imagine the $h1tstorm if we play poorly at preston and lose.........................whichever way you dice and slice it this summer has been poor in terms of recruitment.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

£7mill though.

Ridiculous.

Combined, 'Boro have splashed £20mill+ on Asomobolonononoga and Fletcher.

WTF:

Get it all back when they sell Gibson. 

Edited by wilyfox

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Ir's just common sense.

The club have openly acknowledged that we are after 2 centre backs so I think its pretty safe to assume that we are going to bring players in before the window closes. It's not like they are saying we don't need further players in that position.

The hold up is because we are trying to get the right players in. If we can't do that and the worst comes to the worst we will have to lower our sites and bring in lesser players than we would like. But there is absolutely no way we just won't bring anyone in at all.

So basically what you're saying is you don't know and are just repeating what most folk on here know ?