Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

If I was guessing I would say that 10 million is the absolute most it could get to with payments depending on appearances/ goals and a really big chunk dependant on us getting to the premier.

I would expect 6 million ain't far off for the initial payment as I don't think we would have paid anymore.

We signed Winnall which meant signing Rhodes was not a must do and we wouldn't have done it unless we thought it was a good deal.

Equally Rhodes must have taken a cut in wages as well 

From someone who works for our club (Boro) and confirmed at a after dinner speech.  The fee agreed on after the initial loan period was 10m.  Payment wise, it was 10m if you went up  or 5m this season and 5m next year if not promoted.   

12 minutes ago, Estonhills said:

From someone who works for our club (Boro) and confirmed at a after dinner speech.  The fee agreed on after the initial loan period was 10m.  Payment wise, it was 10m if you went up  or 5m this season and 5m next year if not promoted.   

No it wasn't.

Fulham are on the verge of completing a deal for French forward Aboubakar Kamara, according to reports in France.

The Whites, who brought Tomas Kalas back to the club on loan from Chelsea earlier today, have been linked with a number of strikers this summer, with Diego Rolan chief among them.

A deal for Bordeaux forward Rolan appears to have stalled, with the Uruguay international thought to be waiting on a move to the Premier League.

22 minutes ago, Estonhills said:

Somebody's been telling porkies.

We could have also paid another instalment on Reach's fee, or Hooper's, etc , this month.

Local papers said Rhodes was £6 million which seems about right.

If you've got a club that wants to get shut of a player, like Boro then and Newcastle now with Hanley, you can drive down price. With time.

But it comes to sumat when you are in a bidding war for Hutton now with Sunderland. Blimey.

4 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Before the Jan window?

Im thinking of the current window 31st August 

if we dont sign anyone this window then agreed!

We needed to solve the centre back problem last summer . it wasnt sorted. It wasnt sorted in the January window ,and we are a week away from the new season ,and it still hasnt been addressed. We have had almost three transfer windows to sort this problem and havnt . If the club have looked at 200 centre halves and not found the right two ,something is wrong somewhere. 

I have every confidence in Lees and Loovens ,but to go into a season with only those two is suicidal . Presently we are one injury or one red card away from a disaster. 

3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Previous talk of us bidding £3m for the Cardiff centre half, though this is on the BBC;

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock says "a couple" of clubs have shown interest in winger Craig Noone, 29, this summer, but there has been no contact for any of his other players. (Wales Online)

If Colin told me it was daylight outside, id open the curtains to check for myself. 

1 hour ago, Mishowl said:

So you don't know what was paid but are saying we "ended up getting them for £3m and £6m" as if it's fact. This website suggest the fees were £5.02 for Reach and £9.95m for Rhodes.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday/transfers/verein/1035/plus/0?saison_id=2016&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Does that website know anything though? I see it cited a lot but surely it's guesswork like most other sources 

39 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Fulham are on the verge of completing a deal for French forward Aboubakar Kamara, according to reports in France.

The Whites, who brought Tomas Kalas back to the club on loan from Chelsea earlier today, have been linked with a number of strikers this summer, with Diego Rolan chief among them.

A deal for Bordeaux forward Rolan appears to have stalled, with the Uruguay international thought to be waiting on a move to the Premier League.

Kalas. We should have signed him

7 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

From the same source as our transfer embargo that was suppose to happen over a year ago?

In all seriousness, given Boro's £200 windfall last summer, I'd be surprised if they are up to their neck in debt.

JV last claimed he never said we would be under an embargo. Glad it's not just me that remembered it. Something along the lines of his mate in America having sight of our accounts which showed us overspending?

7 hours ago, Estonhills said:

You are only allowed to loose 13m (permitted FFP costs, transfers, wages ect).  

Promotion Bonuses don't count, and transfer add on's.  Nugent 2m, Downing 2m ect. That was nearly 13m with players Promotion Bonuses.  

Stadium and Academy (we have a CAT A) dont count either,  Cat A minimum spent on it is 2.5m.  Stadium costs and training ground were around 10m.

Losses under FFP are 13m and that is set in stone.  The football club has separate accounts.  

Ignore him. He comes across initially as having decent talking points from an outside view (Leeds). After a while he'll back track on what he's said then disappear when Leeds mess up 

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We needed to solve the centre back problem last summer . it wasnt sorted. It wasnt sorted in the January window ,and we are a week away from the new season ,and it still hasnt been addressed. We have had almost three transfer windows to sort this problem and havnt . If the club have looked at 200 centre halves and not found the right two ,something is wrong somewhere. 

I have every confidence in Lees and Loovens ,but to go into a season with only those two is suicidal . Presently we are one injury or one red card away from a disaster. 

I mentioned this about 10 days ago and got slated for being negative. Go figure

9 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

I don't know and I'm not saying it's a factually correct. 

I've never claimed to know what we paid I'm just pointing out comments like "we ended up getting him for £6m" without any evidence is just nonsense. 

It's usually been pretty close on contract details.

It's valuation of players is a little erratic.. but I'd say it's transfer details are probably close. 

12 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

I don't know and I'm not saying it's a factually correct. 

I've never claimed to know what we paid I'm just pointing out comments like "we ended up getting him for £6m" without any evidence is just nonsense. 

I wasn't having a pop, didn't mean it to com across that way. I don't think anyone knows but I generally think that it points to the fee being less than 10m, mainly due to the suggestion that we didn't pay the media price, that we got a "very, very good deal", Rhodes was practically unwanted and generally speaking I think most transfers come in less than that which is reported in any case (or are heavily caveated).