Carlos.. stay or go ???

time is right for a clean start for both

CC walks away with a good reputation, will easily walk into another job, and he can perhaps move closer to home

DC has a club who are on an upward curve, money to spend, strong squad, and a new manager would be able to mould the squad from the first day of the pre-season

54 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Go...You get the big bucks for making the right decisions at the right time.

Last Sunday set us up perfectly for last night, then he had a brain fart and set us up wrongly...Then he had another when we went one up.

He won't change... 

Yes. At one nil the game was there for the taking, it was far too early to start sitting back. We should have gone for the kill a bit more and took advantage when they were rocking a bit. 

18 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I think he's reached his level top 6 championship manager. I don't thing he has the bottle or Tactical thinking to go beyond where we are now. 

While I would still, on balance, give him another season, your views pretty much match my own.

I suspect Carlos has reached his level. If he stays, I anticipate we will perform at about the same level next season, with top six a realistic proposition but lacking the guile to get through the play-offs.

I would have loved to see Carlos be successful here but watching us revert back to the same old boring, slow and predictable attacking play last night in a game of that magnitude, the same sort of play that we'd employed most of the season prior to our recent 6 game winning run, leads me to the conclusion that if he stays we'll just see more of the same and will never see him full utilise the array of attacking talent we have at the club.

We really should have gone for the kill at 1-0 last night and had we done so, I'm convinced we'd be planning our trips to Wembley today.

When looking at the other sides in the playoffs this year has been a HUGE missed opportunity and one we could regret for years to come. It's only going to get harder to get promoted now that sides coming down have the new to deal money (at least £100m) plus parachute payments and this was our opportunity to avoid that but sadly it's an opportunity missed.

We need somebody who will get us working as a team and not just a group of talented individuals and for that reason I regretebly think it's time for Carlos to go.

Go.

Two play off defeats both mentally damaging. Keep the core group of players and let a new manager have a go with them. New ideas and fresh energy, it felt as if it was stale and we never really got going this season until Hooper returned. Still our performances have never been convincing.

CC can leave with his head held high, didn't quite get there but provided us with some great moments and has made us believe again. Top man, good manager but for me hasn't learnt from past mistakes, stubborn in formations and picking certain players and his recruitment was bizarre. I could not tell you what he thinks his best eleven is.

Thanks Carlos but let someone else have a bash.

Go.

We're not a long way from being an automatic promotion team, we've got the best keeper in the league, a solid defence, and a plethora of strikers proven at this level to choose from.

The main problem for the strikers is service. We don't get early balls into the box when we have strikers who thrive on that type of service. We don't have balls whipped in from the byline, we don't have through balls and we don't have strikers feeding off the midfielders marauding forward.

The midfielders and wingers we've got are technically excellent. But we have no pace in the squad and no power. Hutchinson is a top player, and he's hard, but he isn't a driving, powerful kind of player. We don't threaten teams in behind, and we don't have athletic powerful runners. 

I don't think Carlos will sort these issues because pace and power don't seem to be qualities he values.

So, on that basis, I think for the team to progress he has to go.

Edited by Tom Moore
Typos

Tough call this. We finished on 81 points and in fourth place securing a play-off place. Good achievement. On the other hand better results came at the cost of better football and he failed to do as well as several other Championship managers with fewer resources. Recruitment was awful and big, big money has been squandered. What I do know is that the man footing the bill, Mr Chansiri, is ambitious and has done all he can to back up his promises. Whatever he decides to do with Carlos, sack or back, I will support.

I don't think we can go on with a style of play where our strikers regularly leave the field without even having had a sniff of goal. I personally think he'll walk anyway. Brilliant last year but this year has been really quite unenjoyable.

3 hours ago, Skiptonowl said:

Easy say go. But who replaces him. Talks of Pardew and McClaren are bloody ridiculous. 

I hate it when people say "who will replace him" 

That will fall into place naturally. You can't keep a manager when things clearly aren't right just because you don't know who will replace him straight away

If he needs to go, he needs to go - regardless