Carlos.. stay or go ???

It's been said already on here that Middlesbrough, Burnley, Brighton, Leicester and probably a few others swallowed their disappointments and kept building until they were strong enough to go up. We have to do the same.  Carlos has changed tactics a few times since his arrival and over the summer I think he'll find the final missing links - pace in the channels and another strong centre half.  For me continuity is the key. 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Got to go. We need a fresh pair of eyes in there. The football this season has been diabolical and Carlos simply can't get us over the line. D.C would be very brave to give him more money .

yes cant begin to imagine the money wasted on poor signings, Urby/Abdi hardly featured, you could go on and on, has it been poor management, can anyone pinpoint a single factor but for sure we cant carry on with this seasons game plans, we need to at least enjoy watching our team as this year has been tedious to say the least

20 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

We moved up the league 2 places.....its nitpicking nonsense..Do that again next year...we are up.....How quick do you want it?

I've said all along that a midfield of Bannan and Lee is good enough for the play offs nothing more. Our chairman wants more. When Carlos's hand was forced he had to play without Hutchinson and Lee which resulted in our best form of the season. As soon  as they were fit he reverted back to a system that didn't work.

Another point raised tonight was the question over Fletchers substitution. Was it tactical an injury or a opportunity to shoehorn Rhodes into the side?

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I've said all along that a midfield of Bannan and Lee is good enough for the play offs nothing more. Our chairman wants more. When Carlos's hand was forced he had to play without Hutchinson and Lee which resulted in our best form of the season. As soon  as they were fit he reverted back to a system that didn't work.

Another point raised tonight was the question over Fletchers substitution. Was it tactical an injury or a opportunity to shoehorn Rhodes into the side?

Point me to those posts then Ronnie.... an' I'll say fair enough..Fletchers substitution was a mistake in my opinion, and it was a move made to hold on to what we had, with a player who doesn't hold it up...with far too long to go

Edited by asteener1867

If I were DC, I'd take a gamble and replace Carvalhal.

I think this season has been a wasted opportunity.  With the setup afforded to CC, we should have been looking at automatic promotion.  What we've ended up with is a squad that needs quite a bit of reshaping this summer.  After what we've seen of Carlos' recruitment in the last 12 months, I simply wouldn't trust him to deliver.

My main worry would be that whoever takes over this summer would have to get rid of at least 15 senior players, in order to bring in 10-12 replacements required to deliver promotion next year.  Our squad at present lacks balance of genuine options outside of the starting XI.

That's a very big ask.  Some of the players that need shifting will be on hefty contracts.  Also some of those players will not have played in a league game for months.

4 minutes ago, Slick. said:

I think this season has been a wasted opportunity.  With the setup afforded to CC, we should have been looking at automatic promotion.  What we've ended up with is a squad that needs quite a bit of reshaping this summer.  After what we've seen of Carlos' recruitment in the last 12 months, I simply wouldn't trust him to deliver.

My main worry would be that whoever takes over this summer would have to get rid of at least 15 senior players, in order to bring in 10-12 replacements required to deliver promotion next year.  Our squad at present lacks balance of genuine options outside of the starting XI.

That's a very big ask.  Some of the players that need shifting will be on hefty contracts.  Also some of those players will not have played in a league game for months.

Another one that wants to build again...only to have the same debate end of next saeson...no doubt to have another manager

5 minutes ago, Slick. said:

I know..It's a big worry..Who's going to do all this worrisome work, do you think?

i think he will go by mutual agreement, you could see the pressure he was under last night, he didnt deliver, on the other hand Hudds manager was as cool as a cucumber although expectations were different i guess

30 minutes ago, Slick. said:

Not to mention the massive overhaul of backroom staff.

As people on here know, I am not one of Kickaball's greatest fan's, but you just cannot argue with the last 2 seasons, 6th last season and 4th this season + more points.

Will he stay or go?, I don't know but it will be his or Mr Chansiri's decision.

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

As people on here know, I am not one of Kickaball's greatest fan's, but you just cannot argue with the last 2 seasons, 6th last season and 4th this season + more points.

Will he stay or go?, I don't know but it will be his or Mr Chansiri's decision.

dont think anyone else can decide

4 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Another one that wants to build again...only to have the same debate end of next saeson...no doubt to have another manager

Our core squad players are very good Championship footballers.  Westwood, Lees,  Hunt, Hutchinson, Bannan, Lee, Hooper, Rhodes is a great spine at this level.  There's no way I'd want any these players leaving (not without a very large transfer fee in return).

It's our fringe players that are the issue - we've got LOADS.

I could easily pick 15 players who I believe are not quite good enough for a top 2 Championship squad, without weakening what I think is our best XI.  The reason for that is because our squad is HUGE and we're carrying too much deadwood.  Plus the likes of George Hirst, Cameron Dawson etc would benefit from a season loan at a League One/Two club.

The hard bit is moving these deadwood players on.  I mean, who the hell would buy McGugan on the kind of wages that he'll be on, after he's hardly kicked a ball for 12 months!

4 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I know..It's a big worry..Who's going to do all this worrisome work, do you think?

With the right appointment as Head Coach, I'd be far less worried about revamping the squad.  There would be plenty of suitable managers should CC be removed this summer.

CC's replacement may actually use the transfer windows for their intended purpose, rather than stockpiling footballers who never play.