18 for Huddersfield and score predictions

I feel like we need a bit more defensive presence in the midfield than what Lee and Bannan offers us for 1st leg.

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Lee

Hutchinson/Jones

Reach

Hooper

Fletcher

Bench: Wildsmith, Palmer/Fox, Sasso, Bannan, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Rhodes.

Bring Bannan on at some point in the game regardless.

Id go...

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace (loves big games)

Lee 

Bannannanan

Reach

Rhodes (if hooper is injured)

Fletcher

With winnal,wildsmith, foresteri, hutch, sasso and urby and nuhiu on bench?

Start with same team as yesterday. 

Its only Hudds. 

lol 

just joshing chief 

westwood

hunt lees loov pudil 

wallace lee hutch ff 

fletch rhodes 

wildsm urby bannan winnall reach semedo nuhiu/ hooper 

Find it strange how most of the squad is from lass season but still...

westwood

hunt

lees

loovens

pudil

Hutch

reach

bannan

jones

lee

wallace 

fletcher 

wildsmith

fox

ff

Rhodes

winnall

macmanaman

Semedo 

Assuming Hooper is out I would expect Carlos to play Winnall in his place alongside Fletcher.

I don't know what he will do in midfield. Can't see him splitting the 4 that played at Ipswich but I am sure he would love Hutch in there. He will be wrestling with this one

An option with no Hooper  , with it being away and the formation they play , is to play Hutch and Bannan in the centre with Lee just in front playing anywhere and getting up to support the striker. 

It it just seems obvious to me that this would work .With the little bit more freedom it would give Lee and also Reach to make those forward runs they would be a nightmare for their defence.

Carlos however will stick with his 442 

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 14:24, Costello 77 said:

Got to keep it tight up at there place, run them ragged and then use the subs well.

I'm not worried about them at our place.

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 14:28, owls maniac said:

I think Carlos will look to do just that. Play it safe and nick a goal if we can. Home leg, packed Hillsborough, we'll steamroll them. 

I think CC will do it by the book, as above, & yet Fulham panicked them into mistakes with a very high pressing game in their recent 1-4 win there. I'd love us to race out of the blocks & do the same. Go in at HT 3-0 up then toy with them for a game & a half!

:manager:

23 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Assuming Hooper is out I would expect Carlos to play Winnall in his place alongside Fletcher.

I don't know what he will do in midfield. Can't see him splitting the 4 that played at Ipswich but I am sure he would love Hutch in there. He will be wrestling with this one

An option with no Hooper  , with it being away and the formation they play , is to play Hutch and Bannan in the centre with Lee just in front playing anywhere and getting up to support the striker. 

It it just seems obvious to me that this would work .With the little bit more freedom it would give Lee and also Reach to make those forward runs they would be a nightmare for their defence.

Carlos however will stick with his 442 

And so he should.

Why experiment on a brand new system in the play-offs, after six straight wins?

Hudders have run out of steam, like all teams at end -of -season that rely on a pressing policy (think Dortmund every year and Liverpool this season).

So, with that and their top keeper out , we should go for it first leg too, and pick at team to reflect that.

1- 3 Owls with Rhodes off bench to do his old club. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

And so he should.

Why experiment on a brand new system in the play-offs, after six straight wins?

It is me pretending to be a football manager, don't spoil it.

However I don't see it as a brand new system. Everybody would play the same as normal in their position with Lee in for Hooper. It would just give us a bit more defensively.

He has 3 options 

- play same midfield with Winnall in for Hooper 

- play Hutch at the expense of a midfielder and play Winnall 

- play the 5 midfielders as I mention above

The first option is most likely but I think changing Winnall for Hooper weakens us a lot alongside not having the presence of Hutch. 

The lure of Hutch playing might prove irresistible to Carlos and would be pragmatic in an away leg so how could he do it. Don't remember Hutch ever being sub for a big match when fit.

We only get one chance at this.

Lose by more than one goal away and it becomes very difficult 

On 07/05/2017 at 15:58, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I feel like we need a bit more defensive presence in the midfield than what Lee and Bannan offers us for 1st leg.

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Lee

Hutchinson/Jones

Reach

Rhodes

Fletcher

Bench: Wildsmith, Palmer/Fox, Sasso, Bannan, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Winnall

Bring Bannan on at some point in the game regardless.

Amended as it seems Hooper is out :(

Wouldn't surprise me though if it was a ploy and he plays on Sunday/Wednesday

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

It is me pretending to be a football manager, don't spoil it.

However I don't see it as a brand new system. Everybody would play the same as normal in their position with Lee in for Hooper. It would just give us a bit more defensively.

He has 3 options 

- play same midfield with Winnall in for Hooper 

- play Hutch at the expense of a midfielder and play Winnall 

- play the 5 midfielders as I mention above

The first option is most likely but I think changing Winnall for Hooper weakens us a lot alongside not having the presence of Hutch. 

The lure of Hutch playing might prove irresistible to Carlos and would be pragmatic in an away leg so how could he do it. Don't remember Hutch ever being sub for a big match when fit.

We only get one chance at this.

Lose by more than one goal away and it becomes very difficult 

I run an U10s and on Saturday one boy had already scored two and was greedily holding onto the ball rather than passing to team-mates in much better positions. I screamed at him, "Pass it, pass it, pass it". He ignored me and buried it top corner from 20 yards instead....what do I know?

You miss the 4th, and in my opinion the most obvious option. Rhodes and Fletcher in his preferred 442.

Gets my vote.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I run an U10s and on Saturday one boy had already scored two and was greedily holding onto the ball rather than passing to team-mates in much better positions. I screamed at him, "Pass it, pass it, pass it". He ignored me and buried it top corner from 20 yards instead....what do I know?

You miss the 4th, and in my opinion the most obvious option. Rhodes and Fletcher in his preferred 442.

Gets my vote.

Not checked but it seems a while since he started Rhodes and Fletcher together. Probably when he decided to try and blitz Rotherham with the diamond.

They both play right up top and that has completely cream crackered the dropping off and linking play from the second striker. Winnall has been playing this role so I presumed he would go with him and Winnall always has a goal in him.