18 for Huddersfield and score predictions

Am I the only one who thinks we may play with just Fletch or Rhodes up top on their own and bring Hutch in to do a job on Mooy? 

In my mind Mooy is their only stand out player and stopping him equates to stopping them. 

With Lee back he interlinked attack and midfield and can be slightly more free role if Hutch brought in? 

If Hooper was fit I don't think we'd consider this, but I think with choice of what or who to bring in I think caution may be applied. 

14 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Am I the only one who thinks we may play with just Fletch or Rhodes up top on their own and bring Hutch in to do a job on Mooy? 

In my mind Mooy is their only stand out player and stopping him equates to stopping them. 

With Lee back he interlinked attack and midfield and can be slightly more free role if Hutch brought in? 

If Hooper was fit I don't think we'd consider this, but I think with choice of what or who to bring in I think caution may be applied. 

Trouble is, it stops us too. 

We have played 442 95% of the season. Right now we are playing a perfectly balanced 442, and it is working like a dream, home and away. 

Even the players are saying we are the best team in the play-offs. We are most definitely better than Huddersfield. We are on a role, and need to do exavtly what we have been doing during that role. 

Mooy is their best player, but he has been on the field in 5-0, 5-1 and 4-1 defeats. We need to be positive and exert our own strengths on the match. Not go into a shell and aim to nulify. 

On 07/05/2017 at 14:29, Holmowl said:

Got to stay with what ultimately got us there, and in fabulous form.

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Lee

Bannan

Reach

Hooper

Fletcher

Rhodes, Nando, Hutch, Sasso, Palmer, Nuhiu, Wildsmith

Strongest bench ever in Championship football?

That bench as a 7 a side team would probably give the starting 11 team you put a game 

19 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

Fixed it for you... 

If there is some doubt over FF's fitness I cant see Carlos starting him over Reach on Sunday.

This match is basically 180 minutes long, and Carlos will manage it accordingly. He is unlikely to risk Nando to play all 180 in the space of 4 days. More likely he will hold him back for the home leg, and even then only give him 90 if we struggled in the first leg. Far more likely is a short or no cameo or Sunday, and a longer spell or full match on Wednesday, if we still need him by then.

Reach of course has it in his own hands. He has nailed down a place recently and been invaluable. If he excels on Sunday he would stay on and watch another number come up when Nando is ready to come on.

Its a simply amazing position to be in. We have Fernando flippin Forestieri to come on if Wallace, Reach or a striker come off...how good is that?

A 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 does not need to stop us from playing in fact quite the opposite (we beat Arsenal 3-0 playing that formation). It does give us some extra solidity in central midfield which could be very useful in an away leg.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Trouble is, it stops us too. 

We have played 442 95% of the season. Right now we are playing a perfectly balanced 442, and it is working like a dream, home and away. 

Even the players are saying we are the best team in the play-offs. We are most definitely better than Huddersfield. We are on a role, and need to do exavtly what we have been doing during that role. 

Mooy is their best player, but he has been on the field in 5-0, 5-1 and 4-1 defeats. We need to be positive and exert our own strengths on the match. Not go into a shell and aim to nulify. 

Any idea if he had a man marker on him during those games? I really don't know and it's not a jibe. 

I agree that playong to our strengths is how we'll win the tie. But also think that Hutch is a strength, as is FF, as is Rhodes... you get the message. We have lots of them. 

I dont think every game game or every team requires a man marker, but in some it can completely nullify the opposition leaving our other strengths to do their thing.

Also I'm not saying I want this, as I bow to CC and his tactical expertise. Just wouldn't be surprised if we did. 

I don't think we'll be as care free as some others have posted. I can see potentially if fit FF partnering Fletch as he offers more energy away from home for example. 

The good thing is, those two options there of bringing in FF or Hutch despite differing opinions are bringing in two of the best players in our squad/division. 

Happy that this causes debate rather than Some of the players we'd be debating in yesteryear 

4 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

I think bannan is a more confident player with lee alongside him. For me it has to be Wallace, Lee, bannan, reach. 

I think only question mark is over whether he plays hutch holding behind midfield or someone next to fletcher 

Agreed.

Who saw Wallace, Fletcher and Reach as certain starters a few months ago?

Just now, Holmowl said:

Agreed.

Who saw Wallace, Fletcher and Reach as certain starters a few months ago?

I remember that Irish bloke on sky talking about us a few weeks ago saying we have good players but not playing together. Since we have found this proper 4-4-2 with players coming to form and playing in the right positions, I feel that we now have a team.

On 07/05/2017 at 14:03, aeroswfc said:

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Lee

Bannan

Reach

Fletcher

Hooper

Subs: Wildsmith, Forestieri, McManaman, Nuhiu, Rhodes, Sasso, Semedo. 

Wake up hooper injured 

29 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

I remember that Irish bloke on sky talking about us a few weeks ago saying we have good players but not playing together. Since we have found this proper 4-4-2 with players coming to form and playing in the right positions, I feel that we now have a team.

Yes I'd forgotten Keith Andrews saying that.

Couldnt agree more. We have seen a group of talented individuals become a structured and balanced team in recent matches.

1st leg 1-2

Westwood

Pudil

Lees

Loovens

Hunt

Reach

If 100% fit Hutch/ Bannan

Lee

Wallace

Fletch

Hooper (or FF/Winnall)

Subs:

Wildsmith

Sasso

Hutch/Bannan

Palmer

Nuhiu

FF/Winnall

Rhodes

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Lee

Bannan

Reach

Winnall

Fletcher

Wildsmith, Palmer, Fox, Hutch, Jones, Fessi, Rhodes

Hooper apparently back in training but id save him for Wednesday night and hopefully he's back at 100%.

2 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Lee

Bannan

Reach

Winnall

Fletcher

Wildsmith, Palmer, Fox, Hutch, Jones, Fessi, Rhodes

Hooper apparently back in training but id save him for Wednesday night and hopefully he's back at 100%.

Amazingbto think that we might have Hooper, Nando and Hutch waiting to be used if absolutely necessary, but kept recouperating for another 16 days for the final if we see off Udders with the fully fit guys.

That would be some position to be in. On top of the HUGE bonus of getting the inhuman Lee back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Westwood~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lees~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Loovens~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hunt~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Pudil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lee~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hutch~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wallace~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Reach

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Forestieri~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Fletch~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subs

Wildsmith

Palmer

Sasso

Bannan